Goodbye Jesus

A Christian Wife

Castiel233

The woman must submit to her husband, he is her boss, it is shameful for her to speak, she must ask the master in the marriage and then when they are at home. Woman are created for men and men are created for God. A wife is a subject to her husband in everything. A woman should be shame-faced, chaste and obedient. If a woman gives birth to a boy she is unclean for seven days, if she gives birth to a daughter she is unclean for 14 days. It is pleasing to God if a man can escape from a woman. So says the Word of God.

Picture a Christian wife , beaten by a brutal and cruel Christian husband. A wife afraid to come home and shackled to a beast because a book written by savages says she must not get a divorce. 

Compare this Biblical outlook to the words of  Great Agnostic-Robert G Ingersoll.

Women are far more intelligent — some of them are no longer the slaves either of husbands, or priests. They are beginning to think for themselves. They can see no good reason why they should sacrifice their lives to please Popes or Gods. They are no longer deceived by theological prophecies. They are not willing to suffer here, with the hope of being happy beyond the clouds — they want their happiness now.

You had better be the emperor of one loving and tender heart, and she the empress of yours, than to be king of the world. The man who has really won the love of one good woman in this world, I do not care if he dies in the ditch a beggar, his life has been a success.

It is a splendid thing to think that the woman you really love will never grow old to you. Through the wrinkles of time, through the mask of years, if you really love her, you will always see the face you loved and won. And a woman who really loves a man does not see that he grows old; he is not decrepit to her; he does not tremble; he is not old; she always sees the same gallant gentleman who won her hand and heart. I like to think of it in that way; I like to think that love is eternal. And to love in that way and then go down the hill of life together, and as you go down, hear, perhaps, the laughter of grandchildren, while the birds of joy and love sing once more in the leafless branches of the tree of age

In my judgement, the woman is the equal of the man. She has all the rights I have and one more, and that is the right to be protected. That is my doctrine. You are married; try and make the woman you love happy. Whoever marries simply for himself will make a mistake; but whoever loves a woman so well that he says 'I will make her happy,' makes no mistake.

• Like 1

Castiel233: While I agree generally with your post, it is not the responsibility of the husband to try to make his wife happy, nor is it the wife's responsibility to try to make her husband happy. On the surface it sounds good, but it places an impossible burden on both spouses. You can control your behavior but not its results. Be kind. loving, sensitive, caring, sympathetic, attentive and forgiving. If those characteristics don't make her or him happy, it's not your fault nor is it  your duty to do any more. Rip

• Like 1

Protection is a difficult idea. Calling it a right is even dangerous. Rights create duties. How will you protect someone without control over them or without just becoming their tool?

The very idea of your duty to protect someone is tied to their duty to be obendient to you.

• Like 2

I agree RE: Posts 2 and 3. I do love and cherish my Christian wife deeply. But never bought the patriarchal nonsense. And anyway, it is a horrid road to be responsible for everything. The man is responsible if anything goes wrong in the house, even if someone has a bad dream perhaps he is responsible for having allowed in a spirit or something.

And now in evangelical churches you sit and listen, at least throught he years when I was a Christian, to sermons about the man Adam was responsible for Eve's sin, and the man still is responsible for all that is wrong. Father's day = hell to pay: you are a father who is present, then you are still  responsible as a man for all the fatherlessness of the world. Sorry, not buying any of it. Everyone is responsible for their own self. I would much rather apologize for a wrong I actually committed, and that apology being a meaningful one with valid intent to make right, instead of being male-guilted because someone from the 50s and before did something brutal.

Put it another way: As a blind man, 70% of the lbind are unemployed, and often that is because of the misperceptions of people about us. But that doesn't automatically make someone who can see responsible for this, or for the behaviors of other people who can see It's also likely that when I walk down the street I could be grabbed physically, even by someone claiming to be well-meaning, a gross affront to one's personal autonomy. But since you, presumably a seeing person, did not do that act, you are not responsible for it. One hundred years ago, the blind were restricted to maybe 3 or 4 professions. But you weren't alive 100 years ago, were you? So how are you to be held responsible for what a society back then did? Furthermore, I know full well that I was not alive 100 years ago. So, what kind of sense does that make for me to try and claim reparations? In fact that makes me rather a conn man and a gross deceiver.

It was meaningless for Ronald Reagan to extend forgiveness to the German people for the actions taken against the jews. Ronald Reagan was not Jewish, and the Germans he allegedly forgave were not the ones who did the crime. The Christians and the SJW's are totally messed up in this regard. Our pastor at the last curch we went to couldn't get enough of self-effacing to the ladies, writing us guys off as nothing but pieces of ever-loving shit. So, I'm supposed to work my ass off all week, go to the curch, sit / stand / bow the head through all the requisite Brays and Worship machinations, and then listen to that shit. Nobody, man or woman, should take responsibility for the acts of another human being.

I challenge anyone who thinks one group has responsibility for actions taken against another, to do the following:

Convince me how you, a seeing person, who has never met me, who has never raised a hand against me or leveled a judgment that could compromise my ability to make a living, are somehow responsible for those individuals who do these things. You know what? You can't do it. You never can, because you simply didn't do the misdeeds.

Sure, we can empathize. We're human, we all empathize and sympathize to one degree or another with other humans' plights. That is human, and noble, in my opinion.

I don't ever want to trap seeing people into an endless treadmill of trying to make reparations against us who are blind, most people understand that would be ridiculous. And these days I completely shed all the trapping I used to buy into where I as a man or as a pigment-impaired white was supposed to tread quicksand trying to prostrate enough, self-efface enough, make reparations for things I never even conceived of let alone did. And then, when you're treading like that, and you actually do step up to apologize and make reparations for something real that you did, you come off as insincere, because you've spent so long trying to repair stuff that you didn't do.

No practical difference between Christians and SJW's. All a bunch of special snowflakes, in my opinion.

Oh, as to the head of household nonsense: I lived in Florida for 7 years and so I did learn something about it: The man asks the woman what it is she wants the 'leader of the house' to do, then goes and takes a bullet for the household. Except perhaps for the truly alpha types, or the people born before 1950 or something, or what they now call quiverfuls I think those ones are: the people who have a zillion kids and no insurance, and the women look like war-torn refugees from Afghanistan. Well I couldn't see them visually of course, just interacted enough that was my assessment of that situation.

But I, a northern-bred person coming from a fundy family up here, cannot be held liable for the machinations of some of those natives down there.

Oh, one more thing: Good luck being a sympathizer to women who are thinking of abortion, because according to the pro-life women, you as a man are responsible for abortions, just as the old college classes at state university would tell you that you as a man are responsible for why they can't get one. I fail to see how any of this can possibly make rational sense to anyone at all.

No woman and no man is responsible for the actions of anyone but themselves. And it's my opinion, after having lived as a pathetic and insincere fool for two movements, that if you try and be that, you are not going to be taken seriously when you actually do try to step up and make amends for your own actions. And as someone whose daughter is now no longer a teenager, I have had well and just cause to go to her room, knock on her door, admit I was wrong, apologize and make amends many times throughout the tumultuous teenage years. Real apologies, with real reparations, have real results. Being pathetic, tied, treading quicksand, constantly self-effacing, is about as useless as tits on a boar.

• Like 1