Goodbye Jesus

The Absurdity Of Christianity

Brother Jeff

It is late here in Alaska and I am tired but I wanted to share a few quick thoughts on the absurdity of Christianity.

One man’s religion is another man’s belly laugh. – Robert Heinlein

I was a devout fundamentalist Christian believer for 15 years of my life (ages 19-34), and now I can’t believe I bought into any of the absurd bullshit that I did. Christianity is… absurd!

According to Colossians 1:17, before anything at all existed, there was an Invisible Man. According to Genesis 1:1, this same Invisible Man (Jesus), magically created the universe and our world by speaking a powerful magical spell from Nowhere. We know it’s the same Invisible Man because the Bible says so and because God the Farter, Jesus, and the Holy Spook are all somehow magically Each Other while at the same time being somehow magically separate Persons.

The creation tale in Genesis goes rapidly downhill after verse 1 into a story involving two obviously mythical people, magic fruit from magic trees, and a talking snake.

Supposedly, the world is as it is because a talking snake convinced two obviously mythical people to eat magic fruit from a magic tree. ohmy.png  yelrotflmao.gif rolleyes.gif

God’s glorious (and barbaric) salvation plan? He decides that the only way he can forgive us for doing shit that pisses Him off is to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself.

worshipme.jpg

Glory!
  • Like 1

You are right, Brother Jeff, it is absurd. Now that we human beings are beginning to have some glimmer of understanding of the size of the universe, billions of galaxies, stars, planets etc forever and ever, why in the hell would the creator of all of that give a shit if a mere speck worshipped it or not?

Yeah, absurd!

It is late here in Alaska and I am tired but I wanted to share a few quick thoughts on the absurdity of Christianity.

One man’s religion is another man’s belly laugh. – Robert Heinlein

I was a devout fundamentalist Christian believer for 15 years of my life (ages 19-34), and now I can’t believe I bought into any of the absurd bullshit that I did. Christianity is… absurd!

According to Colossians 1:17, before anything at all existed, there was an Invisible Man. According to Genesis 1:1, this same Invisible Man (Jesus), magically created the universe and our world by speaking a powerful magical spell from Nowhere. We know it’s the same Invisible Man because the Bible says so and because God the Farter, Jesus, and the Holy Spook are all somehow magically Each Other while at the same time being somehow magically separate Persons.

The creation tale in Genesis goes rapidly downhill after verse 1 into a story involving two obviously mythical people, magic fruit from magic trees, and a talking snake.

Supposedly, the world is as it is because a talking snake convinced two obviously mythical people to eat magic fruit from a magic tree. ohmy.png  yelrotflmao.gif rolleyes.gif

God’s glorious (and barbaric) salvation plan? He decides that the only way he can forgive us for doing shit that pisses Him off is to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself.

Glory!

it is indeed.

Hopefully one day both individuals and groups of people will dwell on it less and move on to live better lives than they have with it.

It sucks that it affects so many of you for so long and that it is hard for a lot of people to move on once they finally escape.

It sucks that it affects so many of you for so long and that it is hard for a lot of people to move on once they finally escape.

From my own experience, I had been in religion for most of my 60-some years and finally saw the truth a year and a half ago. It was very difficult facing that reality but, today, I'm much better for it and am really living my life. Once knowing the truth, there is no other choice but to move on. You just can't go back.

• Like 1

I saw a GREAT meme the other day.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif  Here's what it said:

Christianity:

The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. 

Makes perfect sense.