Goodbye Jesus

Christians' Addiction To Finding-Out Sin

Learner

One thing that has really irritated me about Christians (that I've noticed since I've deconverted) is that some Christians are almost addicted to finding-out sin in their life (or in other people's personal lives)...and get this spiritual high finding it, from wanting to get rid of it and be more holy.  It really irritates me when they think they're so intelligent and holy for finding some miniscule sin, and then feeling good for finding it.  A pastor I know recently wrote a blogpost about how a lot of selfie photos have underlying pride in the people taking them.

I wanted to respond: "WHO THE HELL CARES?!?!  You don't have anything more important to do in your life than find miniscule 'sins' in other people's lives?!?!"

Seriously, focus on more important things like caring for others and meeting people's needs...rather than sitting on your fat ass reflecting about miniscule 'sins' other people may be doing.  (FYI, I have no problem with people having pride...but I may get annoyed if they have a big head or something.)  Also, quit assuming everyone is doing things for wrong reasons...just because you think it looks proud doesn't mean it is.  Seriously, some Christians are so assuming and always assume the worst of other people.  That's why I feel I truly became human when I deconverted...I've started to look for the good in (most) people.

Rant over.  :)

• Like 4

Goodbye Jesus
Guest Furball

I hated that when i was a christian. Even when i was alone, if i had the smallest thought that was impure i felt horribly guilty. I am glad i don't have to think like that anymore. The more holy i tried to be the worse i seemed to myself. -uhg

• Like 1

pastor I know recently wrote a blogpost about how a lot of selfie photos have underlying pride in the people taking them.

Says the dipshit who speaks for God every Sunday. 

• Like 3

If Christians hate a thing, I would think this is presumptive evidence that it is not what I would call a sin, but would be something i think is awesome.  I want a Christian to help me know what is lovable by identifying what they think is loathsome. "Do not love the world or anything in the world."  1 John 2:15-16.   So, it doesn't really bother me when a Christian wants to hunt for and find sin.  It helps me consider possibilities for joy.  Like take more selfies...

469fd29c1ce918d97f91a2c60f89fe22-monkey-

Like take more selfies...[/size]

469fd29c1ce918d97f91a2c60f89fe22-monkey-

Jeezuzkryste! Try shaving next time! You startled me. :-)
  • Like 1

Indonesian proverbs:

The bacterium across the sea is seen, but the elephant on the eyelid is not seen.
Means: The faults of others are easier to see than our own faults

• Like 1

One thing that has really irritated me about Christians (that I've noticed since I've deconverted) is that some Christians are almost addicted to finding-out sin in their life (or in other people's personal lives)...and get this spiritual high finding it, from wanting to get rid of it and be more holy.  It really irritates me when they think they're so intelligent and holy for finding some miniscule sin, and then feeling good for finding it.  A pastor I know recently wrote a blogpost about how a lot of selfie photos have underlying pride in the people taking them.

I wanted to respond: "WHO THE HELL CARES?!?!  You don't have anything more important to do in your life than find miniscule 'sins' in other people's lives?!?!"

Seriously, focus on more important things like caring for others and meeting people's needs...rather than sitting on your fat ass reflecting about miniscule 'sins' other people may be doing.  (FYI, I have no problem with people having pride...but I may get annoyed if they have a big head or something.)  Also, quit assuming everyone is doing things for wrong reasons...just because you think it looks proud doesn't mean it is.  Seriously, some Christians are so assuming and always assume the worst of other people.  That's why I feel I truly became human when I deconverted...I've started to look for the good in (most) people.

Rant over.  smile.png

I hear ya.  It's tragic the way xianity teaches people to have low self esteem.  We need to learn to love ourselves, and to be the higher power, or responsible  adult, that guides our own life.  Through therapy I am learning to value myself and treat myself with compassion.  Idiot pastors like this one just do damage to people, they don't care for them or meet their needs.  They create work for therapists.

Guest Furball

Indonesian proverbs:

The bacterium across the sea is seen, but the elephant on the eyelid is not seen.

Means: The faults of others are easier to see than our own faults

just what jesus said about the plank in anothers eye but not seeing the beam in ones own. I love how all these people rip off each other sayings, re-word it, then pass it off as their own. LIke jesus ripping off buddha etc.

• Like 1

One thing that has really irritated me about Christians (that I've noticed since I've deconverted) is that some Christians are almost addicted to finding-out sin in their life (or in other people's personal lives)...and get this spiritual high finding it, from wanting to get rid of it and be more holy.

a.k.a. Mental Flagellation