Goodbye Jesus

Billion + Believe In Satan. Should All Schools Be Mandated To Teach Creationism?

Greatest I am

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

To do less would be shirking our duty to our children and their young minds. If you do not supports this type of all-inclusive education, please show why you oppose it?

Remember that when President Bush backed up stem cell research, it gave other countries a chance to advance away from the U.S. and hurt the U.S economy.

If the U.S. fails to educate it’s children properly in Comparative Religion and Evolution --- and the various sciences that stem from it, --- the U.S. will shrink it’s economy and power as compared to those countries who have a fuller and more intelligent education program.

Do you agree that it is the duty of the U.S. education system to maintain a first world standard of education in the teaching of Creationism, Comparative Religion and Evolution, --- and catch up to more intelligent countries?

Regards

DL

I think it will all balance out.  Teach your own children to think for themselves.   If the loony fundamentalists want to raise their children in ignorance then the free market will sort that out.

Apparently the Texas Board of Education has approved a textbook that says Moses was a Founding Father and the textbook will be used elsewhere in the US.  This is concerning.

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

To do less would be shirking our duty to our children and their young minds. If you do not supports this type of all-inclusive education, please show why you oppose it?

Remember that when President Bush backed up stem cell research, it gave other countries a chance to advance away from the U.S. and hurt the U.S economy.

If the U.S. fails to educate it’s children properly in Comparative Religion and Evolution --- and the various sciences that stem from it, --- the U.S. will shrink it’s economy and power as compared to those countries who have a fuller and more intelligent education program.

Do you agree that it is the duty of the U.S. education system to maintain a first world standard of education in the teaching of Creationism, Comparative Religion and Evolution, --- and catch up to more intelligent countries?

Regards

DL

Mandatory classes in creationism are about as useful as mandatory algebra or mandatory reading of 'classic' literature.  If someone wants to take it as an elective, that's fine. Otherwise, I'd rather children be taught a job skill so they aren't useless when they graduate from high school.

Satan wasn't involved in creation.  Depending on your perspective maybe schools could teach something like Walking/Talking Snakeism, Fallism, Temptationism or Adversaryism?

mwc

Apparently the Texas Board of Education has approved a textbook that says Moses was a Founding Father and the textbook will be used elsewhere in the US.  This is concerning.

The Supreme Court building has images that depict Moses and Muhammad as individuals who influenced our legal system.  

The Texas requirement for the social studies book merely requires the text to “identify the individuals whose principles of laws and government institutions informed the American founding documents, including those of Moses,” and establish how “biblical law” was a major influence on America’s founding

I think I would be more concerned about an education system that is based on random 'truths' that evolved from speculation and conjecture rather than one that is based upon known and observed facts and principles. 

Moses's image on SCOTUS building. 

Mohammad's image on SCOTUS building.

As far the OP concern, if one understood that basis of a principle then they would understand that only man has the ability to communicate using the written spoken word, therefore the 'serpent' was a man.  Thus, the principle of creationism and evolution which are both based upon a single ancestor are both wrong.  

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else .Deut 4:39

Like visible light is both a color and wave, the invisible light which I believe is called 'dark matter' which I guess is that black stuff up there in empty space, LOL, but yet the concept of light without image or form might be a little too dark for some.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. John 5:37

A conscious Universe with a conscience? The thought is mind-blowing.

I'm all for teaching all world religions and their histories as part of history and social studies, as Daniel Dennett has proposed.

Though I don't like the picture that's being painted of our country's founders in Texas text books, there might be something to the influence of the ancient Hebrew model of seperation of powers and a tiered court structure.  I would hope that they would spend more time on the British Constitution, Roman Republic, and the Greek Democracy, however.

• Like 1

Like visible light is both a color and wave, the invisible light which I believe is called 'dark matter' which I guess is that black stuff up there in empty space, LOL, but yet the concept of light without image or form might be a little too dark for some.

No, Justus.  PageofCupsNono.gif

Visible light is a particle and a wave.  http://science.howstuffworks.com/light6.htm

No, Justus.  PageofCupsNono.gif

By definition, any frequency of light that humans cannot see is invisible to them.  

So that would be everything on this Wiki page, except the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum

Dark matter is not included here because it is not a type of radiation or radiated energy - it is a type of matter.  Matter and energy, though equivalent in General Relativity, are not the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter

"Dark matter cannot be seen directly with telescopes; evidently it neither emits nor absorbs light or other electromagnetic radiation at any significant level."

No, Justus.   PageofCupsNono.gif

The black stuff you see in the night sky isn't caused by dark matter.  

I've posted a link on this, for your benefit, a few weeks ago.  Here's another.  Please try to learn and understand why the night sky is black.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/astro/olbers.html

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Thus, the principle of creationism and evolution which are both based upon a single ancestor are both wrong.  

Evolution does not posit that anything came from a single ancestor.  Please try to strengthen your knowledge on this subject, as every time you bring it up you say something that is incorrect.

I'm all for teaching all world religions and their histories as part of history and social studies, as Daniel Dennett has proposed..

That would be nice. But trying to teach Americans comparative religion would be like taking away our cheeseburgers. We wouldn't stand for it.

Evolution does not posit that anything came from a single ancestor.  Please try to strengthen your knowledge on this subject, as every time you bring it up you say something that is incorrect.

ok, common ancestor,...

.In evolutionary biology, a group of organisms share common descent if they have a common ancestor. There is strong evidence that all living organisms on Earth are descended from a common ancestor, called the last universal ancestor or LUA (or last universal common ancestor, LUCA).%5B1%5D%5B2%5D  Wikipedia

So is universal ancestor, one or more than one?  LOL

• Super Moderator

ok, common ancestor,...

.In evolutionary biology, a group of organisms share common descent if they have a common ancestor. There is strong evidence that all living organisms on Earth are descended from a common ancestor, called the last universal ancestor or LUA (or last universal common ancestor, LUCA).%5B1%5D%5B2%5D  Wikipedia

So is universal ancestor, one or more than one?  LOL

More than one.  What is being referred to here is an ancestral species.  Humans are not oragutans (despite the behavior of some); however, we do share a common ancestor (ancestral species) with them.  This is why apes, chimps, howler monkeys, and humans have so many common traits--opposable thumbs, increased cranial capacity, just to name two--and why we share so much DNA in common.

Going further back in time, all mammals share a common ancestral species, explaining why the DNA of different mammalian species are so similar.  This also allows us to be able to use pigs, mice, monkeys, and other mammals as test subjects which are analogous to human anatomy.  Be grateful for that the next time you take medicine or use shampoo.

Even further back in pre-history, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians all had a common ancestral species.  Do you see where this is headed?

"And he said unto them, he that hath ears to hear, let him hear"  Mark 4:9

Do you have ears to hear?  You can thank evolution for that:  http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evograms_05

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Let me try to explain it a different way for you, Justus.  My full name is Juanito Cortez de la Chupacabra*.  Did my family originate with just one ancestor, or from a group of ancestors?  The answer is both, sort of.  If you go back far enough in my family history, you could probably find the very first person to have ever been called "Cortez de la Chupacabra".  However, this person wasn't born in a vacuum.  This person came from a larger family and just happened to be the one destined to establish our long and noble lineage.

It's somewhat the same with evolution.  If you look at the link from Berkeley that I posted above, you can see that there was a specific species that first started developing the jawline mutations that would eventually form the stirrup, hammer, and anvil of our modern inner ear.  However, the earliest generations of this species to exhibit this mutation were also not born in vacuums.  They were still a part of the species to which they belonged.  They just happened to be the ones destined to establish our long and noble listening ability.

Make sense?

*That's not really my name.

The Supreme Court building has images that depict Moses and Muhammad as individuals who influenced our legal system.  

The Texas requirement for the social studies book merely requires the text to “identify the individuals whose principles of laws and government institutions informed the American founding documents, including those of Moses,” and establish how “biblical law” was a major influence on America’s founding

I think I would be more concerned about an education system that is based on random 'truths' that evolved from speculation and conjecture rather than one that is based upon known and observed facts and principles. 

Moses's image on SCOTUS building. 

Mohammad's image on SCOTUS building.

As far the OP concern, if one understood that basis of a principle then they would understand that only man has the ability to communicate using the written spoken word, therefore the 'serpent' was a man.  Thus, the principle of creationism and evolution which are both based upon a single ancestor are both wrong.  

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else .Deut 4:39

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. John 5:37

A conscious Universe with a conscience? The thought is mind-blowing.

Is there any topic where you have any knowledge at all?

Moses is a myth.  He was just as real as Peter Pan and Merlin.  Religion is random, misidentified as "truths", evolved from speculation and conjecture, is not based upon known or observed facts or principles.

The fact that only humans have written communication has nothing to do with the serpent in the Garden of Eden story.  We needed to have writing for the story to be passed down in written form but there is no other connection.

Invisible (to us) light includes infrared and ultraviolet but not dark matter.

Space is not black.  We see it as black simply because humans are almost blind.  If our eyes were more sensitive we would see galaxies filling the gaps between the brighter stars.  Everywhere in the sky are galaxies.  If our eyes were not so blind the night sky would be white from all the galaxies.

Deuteronomy and John are not evidence.  They are claims that need evidence for support.  The evidence they need is not available.  Perhaps it does not exist.  So the Bible is left as a collection of unsupported claims.  It is without foundation.

Learn about something real.  That might blow your mind.

• Like 2

Regards

DL

The rich and powerful in the USA are doing a fine job of that without the religious nut jobs fucking us over on the rest.

People in the US have become exceptionally lazy. We are slipping because for the most part it seems the average person has forgotten what self respect is.

I hope you are joking.... Just another reason not to have kids or put them in public school.

Unsubstantiated glurge ...

An example of the "great thinking" that underlies the latest idiocy from Texas.

Mosaic law has as much to do with the US legal system as your pastor has to do with the genome map.

North American law is based on British common law and parliamentary systems and classic Greek democracy.

History.. it's a thing!   :D

Of course you can always read Hammurabi's code… it was the first. Our laws are, although MUCH more complicated, not that far removed in essence.

It was written about 2400 B.C. almost 2400 years before jeebus!

That's not true.  It's just a depiction of lawgivers from antiquity.  There's another that depicts lawgivers from the Middle Ages.  I'm sure there's a list of names somewhere (hang on while I do your research)...

Alright.  I came up with Menes, Hammurabi, Moses, Solomon, Lycurgus, Solon, Draco, Confucius, and Augustus for the ancients and Justinian, Muhammad, Charlemagne, John of England, Louis IX of France, Hugo Grotius, Sir William Blackstone, John Marshall, and Napoleon for the Middle Ages (Wikipedia is your friend).  Also of note is the frieze depicts only the sixth through tenth commandments on the tablets held by Moses as they're considered more secular.

We were influenced by many of these, of course as they came before us, but to pick out the two religious ones and forget the rest is quite disingenuous.

mwc

• Like 4

North American law is based on British common law and parliamentary systems and classic Greek democracy.

History.. it's a thing! biggrin.png

When you say North American law does that it include the laws of Mexico? Or do you mean just ‘white’ North America?

"And he said unto them, he that hath ears to hear, let him hear" Mark 4:9

Do you have ears to hear?

I see, and you read that with your ears?

You can thank evolution for that: http://evolution.ber...cle/evograms_05

I thought the word was cognitive reasoning? Unfortunately it does not evolve, it is learned. You see what I am saying?

Mosaic law has as much to do with the US legal system as your pastor has to do with the genome map.

Oh, you poor soul...

An example of the "great thinking" that underlies the latest idiocy from Texas.

recipe_tbone_grilled.jpg

Is there any topic where you have any knowledge at all?

Let’s see, is that the same argument you used when you were a Christian?

but to pick out the two religious ones and forget the rest is quite disingenuous.

Round and round…….

• Super Moderator

Cognitive reasoning and listening (hearing) are two separate things, although the one can lead to the other.  Are you listening, Justus?

And you shall know them by their fruit, Justus.

In your case that would be... sarcasm?

but to pick out the two religious ones and forget the rest is quite disingenuous.

Round and round…….

Care to clarify?

mwc