Goodbye Jesus

Billion + Believe In Satan. Should All Schools Be Mandated To Teach Creationism?

Greatest I am

Is there any topic where you have any knowledge at all?

Let’s see, is that the same argument you used when you were a Christian?

That part was a question, rather than an argument.  If you can't tell the difference then wow.

However when I was a Christian I would not have argued:

Moses is a myth.  He was just as real as Peter Pan and Merlin.  Religion is random, misidentified as "truths", evolved from speculation and conjecture, is not based upon known or observed facts or principles.

The fact that only humans have written communication has nothing to do with the serpent in the Garden of Eden story.  We needed to have writing for the story to be passed down in written form but there is no other connection.

Invisible (to us) light includes infrared and ultraviolet but not dark matter.

Space is not black.  We see it as black simply because humans are almost blind.  If our eyes were more sensitive we would see galaxies filling the gaps between the brighter stars.  Everywhere in the sky are galaxies.  If our eyes were not so blind the night sky would be white from all the galaxies.

Deuteronomy and John are not evidence.  They are claims that need evidence for support.  The evidence they need is not available.  Perhaps it does not exist.  So the Bible is left as a collection of unsupported claims.  It is without foundation.

Nor would I have been able to respond in a meaningful way if somebody else brought up these points.

but to pick out the two religious ones and forget the rest is quite disingenuous.

Round and round…….

Care to clarify?

mwc

I think it means he will ignore the evidence that indicates he is wrong but continue to repeat his premise anyway.

• Like 1

but to pick out the two religious ones and forget the rest is quite disingenuous.

Round and round…….

Care to clarify?

mwc

I think it means he will ignore the evidence that indicates he is wrong but continue to repeat his premise anyway.

Of course. It's the christian way, and the only thing that has kept that miserable religion going for so many years.

Justus,

Hello. You have been a bit of a douchebag, and I believe I have responded to you in kind in the past. We are both wrong in doing that, and I ask your forgiveness.

You should know that most of us here on Ex-C are ex-Christian. We make mistakes and our foibles and wobbles are all too human. You, however, say that you have the Holy Ghost as your God. I have to assume then that you mean that you have the Holy Ghost residing within you, here, in real time. God Himself, inside of you.

You must draw upon that wonder and mystery young man. Draw deeply, as the God that lives inside of you is limitless. He will give you the words to speak when you need help. That's a biblical teaching.

Please re-read what you have written. Examine yourself; see if you are in the faith! Compare what you say with what the Apostles wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Are the direction of your words the same as theirs? Are you typing away using your own words?

I only ask because your words seem to be infected with anger, and perhaps a quest to show your intellectual power.

Certainly the apostles of Christ, unlearned and ignorant fishermen that they were, wrote with a solemn urgency, even without knowing that their words would forever be taken as being the very oracles of God!

The words you write will stand as long as the internet stands, Justus, and you know that your God is recording every one of them. You are claiming to be an ambassador of Christ. I urge you to be careful. You can't help how you are perceived, but in this great age of grace, in the dispensations of God, help us by saying only what the Holy Ghost would say, and not what Justus would say.

• Like 1

Fucketh Justus! He needeth not speaketh for Us-eth! If We have something to say, I will say it. Even for as screwed up as I am, We don't need a douche, such as 'h'e, to speak for 'H'im!

• Like 4

Fucketh Justus! He needeth not speaketh for Us-eth! If We have something to say, I will say it. Even for as screwed up as I am, We don't need a douche, such as 'h'e, to speak for 'H'im!

It's just like I've heard non-believer say, "If God has something to say to me, he can tell me himself." It's always best without the man in the middle.

• Like 1

Apparently the Texas Board of Education has approved a textbook that says Moses was a Founding Father and the textbook will be used elsewhere in the US.  This is concerning.

Oh my ***** , you are right! This is a disaster. I missed reading this piece of news, somehow. Sigh, now I have to double my effort to broaden my kids' view of world religions.

Why do the religious complain that the public schools ban their god? Millions of kids are indoctrinated every day when they recite the Pledge of Allegiance. One of my kids professes he believes in god and his first exposure was the "under god" phrase in the Pledge. Luckily, he also says he still believes in tooth fairy, Santa Claus and ghost.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/us/texas-approves-disputed-history-texts-for-schools.html?_r=0

AUSTIN, Tex. — Texas’ State Board of Education has approved new history textbooks, but only after defeating six and seeing a top publisher withdraw a seventh — capping months of outcry over lessons that some academics say exaggerate the influence of Moses in American democracy and negatively portray Muslims.

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

To do less would be shirking our duty to our children and their young minds. If you do not supports this type of all-inclusive education, please show why you oppose it?

Remember that when President Bush backed up stem cell research, it gave other countries a chance to advance away from the U.S. and hurt the U.S economy.

If the U.S. fails to educate it’s children properly in Comparative Religion and Evolution --- and the various sciences that stem from it, --- the U.S. will shrink it’s economy and power as compared to those countries who have a fuller and more intelligent education program.

Do you agree that it is the duty of the U.S. education system to maintain a first world standard of education in the teaching of Creationism, Comparative Religion and Evolution, --- and catch up to more intelligent countries?

Regards

DL

"Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?"

I have no problem with evolution being taught in public schools as long as it is presented

as a theory and not as an unquestionable fact.

And to be fair, intelligent design theories should also be presented.  

I have no problem with evolution being taught in public schools as long as it is presented

Go f*ck yourself.

Evolution is fact.  Intelligent Design is a lie.  Choosing to be ignorant doesn't give you a good argument.  No scientist cares what you do or don't have a problem with.  We need our young people to become scientists rather than the New Amish.

Of course all questions about evolution are allowed.  That is how we have learned so much about evolution including how it is, in fact, the way biology works.  Intelligent Design should be presented only during stand-up comedy so that it can be mocked the way it deserves.

• Like 2

I don't think you UNDERSTAND what a scientific THEORY is.

Major hint… it's not an educated guess, an opinion, or a flight of fancy. Seriously, the (basic) education of a lot of people is lacking, profoundly.

K.. ONE MORE TIME. 

1. scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. In the scientific method, there is a clear distinction between facts, which can be observed and/or measured, and theories, which are scientists’ explanations and interpretations of the facts. Scientists can have various interpretations of the outcomes of experiments and observations, but the facts, which are the cornerstone of the scientific method, do not change.

A theory must include statements that have observational consequences. A good theory, like Newton’s theory of gravity, has unity, which means it consists of a limited number of problem-solving strategies that can be applied to a wide range of scientific circumstances. Another feature of a good theory is that it formed from a number of hypotheses that can be tested independently.

A scientific theory is not the end result of the scientific method; theories can be proven or rejected, just like hypotheses. Theories can be improved or modified as more information is gathered so that the accuracy of the prediction becomes greater over time.

Theories are foundations for furthering scientific knowledge and for putting the information gathered to practical use. Scientists use theories to develop inventions or find a cure for a disease.

A few theories do become laws, but theories and laws have separate and distinct roles in the scientific method. A theory is an explanation of an observed phenomenon, while a law is a description of an observed phenomenon.

Citation: http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html

It is the highest level of scientific understanding in any particular subject.. you flipping' dimwit.

• Like 4

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

To do less would be shirking our duty to our children and their young minds. If you do not supports this type of all-inclusive education, please show why you oppose it?

Remember that when President Bush backed up stem cell research, it gave other countries a chance to advance away from the U.S. and hurt the U.S economy.

If the U.S. fails to educate it’s children properly in Comparative Religion and Evolution --- and the various sciences that stem from it, --- the U.S. will shrink it’s economy and power as compared to those countries who have a fuller and more intelligent education program.

Do you agree that it is the duty of the U.S. education system to maintain a first world standard of education in the teaching of Creationism, Comparative Religion and Evolution, --- and catch up to more intelligent countries?

Regards

DL

"Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?"

Not according to Dover vs Kitzmiller it's not fair.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

Here we have another disingenuous christian who steadfastly refuses to understand the difference between "theory" as it applies to science and "theory" as it is used in common speech.  How tiresome.

• Like 1

Here we have another disingenuous christian who steadfastly refuses to understand the difference between "theory" as it applies to science and "theory" as it is used in common speech.  How tiresome.

What's interesting is the Christian fundamentalism we know today largely started as a reaction to Darwinism in the late 1800s.  They started claiming that the creation story in the bible was literal, whereas before it was seen as more poetic.  And now today we still have idiots following the same idea from 100 years ago.  

Evolution is not a left wing conspiracy lol.  Some people don't seem to understand the concept of peer review.  If you're going to teach creationism is schools might was well teach bigfoot and the tooth fairy theory.  It would only be fair.

• Super Moderator

If you're going to teach creationism is schools might was well teach bigfoot and the tooth fairy theory.  It would only be fair.

Why stop there?  Why not demand that Intelligent Degradation be taught as an alternative to the Law of Entropy?  Why not demand that Intelligent Downward Pushing be taught as an alternative to the Theory of Gravity?  It is, after all, just a "theory".

• Like 1

Thanks for the reference BA.  I had not heard about that trial before now and it made for interesting reading.

Thanks for the reference BA.  I had not heard about that trial before now and it made for interesting reading.

Thank you, LongWay.  :)

As Worf might say, "The honor is to serve."   thanks.gif

BAA

If you're going to teach creationism is schools might was well teach bigfoot and the tooth fairy theory.  It would only be fair.

Why stop there?  Why not demand that Intelligent Degradation be taught as an alternative to the Law of Entropy?  Why not demand that Intelligent Downward Pushing be taught as an alternative to the Theory of Gravity?  It is, after all, just a "theory".

If schools are going to teach chemistry then they should teach alchemy as well.  If schools are going to teach astronomy then they should teach astrology too.   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Tin Pony demonstrates (once again) that he doesn't understand the distinction between (i) evolution (a noun) and (ii) theory of evolution (proposed explanation of that noun).

This is a great example of willful ignorance.

Tin Pony doesn't understand that there is no scientific theory (or theories) for intelligent design.  None.  Nada.  Zip.  He is likely be addicted to the lies, misrepresentations, speculations and nonsense from the Discovery Institute mafia.

This demonstrates that Ironhorse does not know what a scientific theory is, or isn't.

This is another example of willful ignorance.

Come up with a viable hypothesis and then a falsifiable theory for ID.. then we will talk. Otherwise it's in the same category as crystal healing, the World Tree of the Norse and Zechariah Sitchen's interpretation of the Sumerian Mythology (i.e.: aliens).