Goodbye Jesus

The Way That I Will Experience Hell...

Llwellyn

It hasn't lessened my worry L. I can't really speak to hell. I don't know whether it real, and if it is, temporary, or permanent. My hopes are it's figurative for our bad times now. Although, I do hope there is an afterlife where we have more understanding.

If my words haven't lessened your worry, even though it is consistent with human reason, then I would have to ask you, respectfully, to keep your anxiety and despair to yourself.  Do not try to spread them from yourself to atheists, like an infection of irrational fear -- i.e. proselytization.

You may anticipate that you will later "have more understanding," but you can have no reason to expect that that your understanding will be different in kind from the logic and practical reason that you possess even now.  You cannot expect that you will be able to call it "learning" when you are asked to treat as “white" what was hitherto called by you black.  I will not set aside the judgment and reason that I currently possess with the expectation that I will be provided a completely reversed judgment and reason after I have died.  By definition, I can have no reason to do so.  I would become a Christian if I thought it was "good" to do so, and it laid the foundation for more "good" later.  It's not, and it doesn't.

Verchick-uturn-sign.jpg

• Like 1

No.  

Can't you be honest here...?

Not being honest and not being able to answer posts seems pretty common among the Christians here. It's just not something they're used to doing.  Honest comes from knowing yourself.

I answered 30 something pages of honesty. Now BAA is like a stalker. Is it too much to ask to let this lady have her thread without doing this shit. I have been accused a zillion times for derailing threads...but heck, it's ok if y'all do it. Quit already and grow the fuck up.

Well, you are a Christian in an ex-Christian forum.  You're like a willing lamb to the slaughter.  I don't see how you can complain about anything, it's your choice.  You feed our desire to respond to a proselytizing Christian, and what we feed you I have no idea but it seems a little masochistic.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in seeing End's response to Llewellyn's latest post.  End?

It hasn't lessened my worry L. I can't really speak to hell. I don't know whether it real, and if it is, temporary, or permanent. My hopes are it's figurative for our bad times now. Although, I do hope there is an afterlife where we have more understanding.

If my words haven't lessened your worry, even though it is consistent with human reason, then I would have to ask you, respectfully, to keep your anxiety and despair to yourself.  Do not try to spread them from yourself to atheists, like an infection of irrational fear -- i.e. proselytization.

You may anticipate that you will later "have more understanding," but you can have no reason to expect that that your understanding will be different in kind from the logic and practical reason that you possess even now.  You cannot expect that you will be able to call it "learning" when you are asked to treat as “white" what was hitherto called by you black.  I will not set aside the judgment and reason that I currently possess with the expectation that I will be provided a completely reversed judgment and reason after I have died.  By definition, I can have no reason to do so.  I would become a Christian if I thought it was "good" to do so, and it laid the foundation for more "good" later.  It's not, and it doesn't.

Verchick-uturn-sign.jpg

Wasn't my thread, wasn't my solicitation for responses. Please have the same respect for me that you ask I have for you.

Verchick-uturn-sign.jpg

your writing style is almost as good as Ravenstars's but not quite, but it is good and interesting.

So i find your approach unique, you want to lessen any pain or worries or anxiety or absolved christians from anxiety of you going to hell with your unique perspective approach of hell, so that we do not have to worry this is interesting. Never seen anyone do this.

Although say i was a stripper on the street and my sister was a highly educated woman with alot of money and was always worried about me stripping, because it can be dangerous and she had a friend that was killed and you lived in a high crime area.

in this scenario, Could me the stripper Absolve my sister of her worries with your contentment approach? would this erase the high crime area? would this erase that my sisters friend was also killed doing the same thing i did?

Could the way i feel as a stripper, a position i accepted and felt comfortable with, erase the physical danger it entails in reality according to evidence statistics posted by the police department? Would my sister still worry because she knew of dangers i did not know of, regarless of my approach to lessen her anxiety?