Goodbye Jesus

Is Earth Actually Flat?

Fweethawt

Not exactly sure what to make of this. Enjoy!

Is Earth Actually Flat?:

Okay, well...

The contention that the Earth is physically flat is balls-out outrageous, and we've proven this a thousand times over with how satellites work. The Earth rotates, and Astronauts have recorded this dozens of times, revealing a rounded earth, not a flat one.

As for the relativity bit? Yeah, I guess relatively speaking the Earth may appear flat if one was to move close to c, but regardless...

You can find 'flat' on any part of a balloon......

This is true. At any point on a rounded surface, you will inevitably find flatness if you zoom in enough.

Ta - dah!  wink.png

figure4.jpeg

http://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/level5/Guth/Guth5.html

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

It made me so happy to see my home state mentioned in the beginning of this video.  I've always known that Kansas is a flat state.  I've also always known that Kansas is a boring state.  However, I had no idea that Kansas is one of the flattest places in the entire world!  I officially live in the flattest most boring place in all of planet earth.  Now, that's something to take pride in! :)

• Like 3

Fweet...how can the earth be so totally flat when there are sooooo many hills??? yelrotflmao.gif Some are reallllllllly high!! lmao_99.gif

It made me so happy to see my home state mentioned in the beginning of this video.  I've always known that Kansas is a flat state.  I've also always known that Kansas is a boring state.  However, I had no idea that Kansas is one of the flattest places in the entire world!  I officially live in the flattest most boring place in all of planet earth.  Now, that's something to take pride in! smile.png

And it made me unhappy to see my home state mentioned as the place that popularized the flat earth belief about a hundred years ago.  rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

It made me so happy to see my home state mentioned in the beginning of this video.  I've always known that Kansas is a flat state.  I've also always known that Kansas is a boring state.  However, I had no idea that Kansas is one of the flattest places in the entire world!  I officially live in the flattest most boring place in all of planet earth.  Now, that's something to take pride in! smile.png

And it made me unhappy to see my home state mentioned as the place that popularized the flat earth belief about a hundred years ago.  rolleyes.gif

Lol! yelrotflmao.gif That's seriously some funny stuff!

I found a hill in Kansas. It seemed out of place. Then I realized that I was in Missouri. D'oh! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Brooks, of this video, always proposes interesting perspectives. Perspectives go just so far :)  When it comes to the photos of the Earth from space proving it is a sphere, flat-Earther's claim a conspiracy theory. Such conspiracy theory accusations are the last resort left when a science claim, or anti-claims, are proven wrong.

All of Brooks's science videos are cool :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Furball

Where did people in the old days come up with the earth is flat theory? Does this come from that bible non-sense about the 4 corners of the earth? -just curious thanks

Probably because it looks flat from our perspective.

The earth is fixed and immovable! Glory!

http://www.fixedearth.com/

• Like 1