Goodbye Jesus

A1 Sauce Mmmm M'ladies...dinner...is Served!

1AcceptingAThiest1

a police knock on your door looking for pee wee herman, you could say if you seen him or not, if you knew who pee wee herman was from his TV show, you have a description of him in your mind so you could say clearly if you have not seen him or if you have.

A police knock on your door asking for Big foot,Odin,Zues harry potter, curious George, you could say you seen him in a movie or book, but not in the real world.

A Police knock on your door asking for God but he doesnt have a picture of God to show you but he wants to know if you seen him. But you say you havent seen him, Police asks how do you know you havent seen him? you have to know what someone looks like FIRST, in order to tell me you have not seen him. Do you know what he looks like? give me a description so i can draw a picture and see if others neighbors can identify him

You dont know what a God is...he is fictional right? thats a cop-out what does God look like is he tall, small, big, skinny, does he have human skin, does he have fur? what are his attributes exactly? no more dancing, because thats aloot of dancing without getting paid.

You are the one dancing.  I've provided an argument.  You choose to leave that argument unchallenged and undisputed.

By the way Pee Wee Herman isn't real.  The actor Paul Reubens is not any of the characters he has played.  As a fictional character God looks however artists have chosen to depict God.  He is fictional so he looks like anything the creator wants God to look like.  And sure enough every sculpture and painting of God is different.   George Burns played God, does that mean God looks like George Burns?  Freeman has played God.  You have failed.

That's an awful lot of words wasted on a bored kid.

Hey 1AT... do you believe in santaclaus?

No?  Well why the fuck not?  You can't prove he isn't real.  And if you're naughty he'll kick your ass.

If i said a girl name Kim, is standing around you. And there are 10 girls standing around you.

How do you know which one is kim? could you say with confidence Kim is not standing around you, when you couldnt verify it? She could but you wouldnt know, this means you cant say something Kim NOT there without knowing who it she is

So now we are not allowed to talk to people?

Your analogy fails.

• Super Moderator

If i said a sasquatch name Yeti, is standing around you. And there are 10 sasquatches standing around you.

How do you know which one is Yeti? could you say with confidence Yeti is not standing around you, when you couldnt verify it? She could but you wouldnt know, this means you cant say something Yeti NOT there without knowing who it she is

There.  Fixed that one for you, too.  You're welcome.

Well, the only positive thing that has come out of reading this thread is that it induced such nausea that there is now absolutely *no* danger of Me tainting a freshly-grilled piece of strip loin with A1 sauce.

We don't believe in your imaginary friend, A1.  Nothing you say or do here is likely to change our perception that your god is fictional.  Your god is free to step in at any time to correct that impression by showing up in person, but I for one am *so* done with mortals who think they can speak for gods.

• Like 2

http://www.jhuger.com/kissing-hanks-ass

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:

John: "Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."

Mary: "Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me:   "Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His ass?"

John: "If you kiss Hank's ass, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the shit out of you."

• Like 1

if 10 different christians provide you with 10 different discriptions of God

How would you know which one is the real one?

That might suggest that they are all full of shit, just like you are.

• Like 3

heh funny comment btw the way thanks for the entertainment

Ravenstar, very insightful information

That might suggest that they are all full of shit, just like you are.

So providing a decription of God is useless? then why do yall ask for one?

even if given one you reject it? then you reject a God that you dont even know what it is?

That makes sense how?

if 10 different christians provide you with 10 different discriptions of Godzila

Well of course Godzilla is 400 feet tall with a terrifying roar, breath that is a beam of fire not to mention all those sharp claws and teeth.  One of his claws is the size of a bus.

You know, the REAL Godzilla.

So providing a decription of Godzilla is useless? then why do yall ask for one?

even if given one you reject it? then you reject a Godzilla that you dont even know what it is?

That makes sense how?

Of course it is useful.  You are helping those who will protect us if the real Godzilla attacks.

http://www.jhuger.com/kissing-hanks-ass

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:

John: "Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."

Mary: "Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me:   "Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His ass?"

John: "If you kiss Hank's ass, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the shit out of you."

OMG!!!  Love that!! I'd forgotten all about it.  ROTFLOL

• Like 1

please don't shout a1

lol i was copy and apsting and it wrote it big on accident my apologies....btw i seen you on facebook

A lack of belief requires no evidence. I LACK belief in a lot of things.. so do you. Invisible pink unicorns, reptilian overlords in the White House, leprechauns, elves, egg-laying pastel bunnies, dragons, fairies, Thor, Cerunnos, Shiva, The Great Pumpkin.. the list is endless, of things we all agree are most likely fantasy.

Thats the idea, Athiesm lacks belief in God, its a phylisophical position in which truth or false values cannot be attached to it correct? this poses a problem if people defend this position.

I'm a weak atheist… an agnostic atheist. I see no evidence for this Yahweh (or any anthropomorphic god/goddess), and in fact see plenty of evidence that he does not exist - mainly his lack of interacting with the physical world.

how would you prove supernatural causation and interaction? with a method that only detects the natural? if we dont know what a supernatural causation in the natural world looks like so how could you test or find it?

The Bible is rife with serious problems and being aware of how it was written and compiled I am convinced it is purely a man-made thing - a synergistic compilation of many theological concepts from around the middle-east from the Iron and Bronze ages and embellished during the past 1800 to 2000 years..

thats called a genetic falalcy to say something is invalid, not ture or not plausible just because it is old or based on its origin

currently absorbing a lot of eastern and new age concepts as well. The Bible is NOT concrete evidence… and it's problems are almost too easy to point out. Now, what else is there? Really? Vague feeling, anecdotes, tons of apologetics and the history of christianity - which is bloody and horrid.

the bibles principles indicate to not to appeal to feelings emotions and our heart for the truth, so experiences alone arent enough to build a case, many things the bible stated a fact about reality and scientists didnt discover it until later there are 1,000 of examples i be happy to provide a few, but this Post is going to get big really past, i give it to you, if you ask on the next post. but you can find them yourself thru the internet and millions of sites backe dup with non biblical sources to defend the bible

I see no evidence that christians are any different from any one else..of any or no faith... there is no evidence that they are blessed or otherwise special. This gift of the 'holy ghost' has no fruit. There is no evidence in the lives of those who call themselves christian that would give me any pause to think something special is happening there. (Except for the spelling.. what's with the spelling? You would think all that reading and studying christians are supposed to do would give them a better command of the English language.  sheesh) They're 'special', alright.

My spelling has improved dramatically from where i started thanks to your adivce from before, do you not remember your kind teaching you gave me? In any case i appreciate it, I have a long ways to go i admit, but TRUST ME, its nowhere near is bad..thanks to you. Thanks you your kind gesture of love. We are have special blood or super powers, we are all human, bleed poop and find kim kardashian unattractive. We have a different worldview not that we are different as human beings. we all mess up at times we all show love.

As an agnostic atheist and an open-minded person i reserve judgement on whether there is anything that could be called a god. I don't know. If evidence comes forth I will consider it. Haven't seen it yet though.

Thanks for your honesty and i will do the same

Sin is a buzzword… it has little meaning. Originally meaning 'missing the mark'.. after reading/studying the Bible I have to agree that the ancient Hebrews 'missed the mark'… what a bunch of egotistical, war-like, land-hungry, bigoted, ignorant, barbaric, bloodthirsty assholes (including the 'heroes' of the Bible.. all reprobates). Sin means not following ones' own rules… fair enough. They failed, miserably. I do not proscribe to their laws... therefore I can not 'miss the mark'.. not that one, anyway. Therefore I do not, and can not 'sin'. I follow my own moral code just fine though, as well as the laws of my particular region… NO PROBLEM. biggrin.png

ive heard that miss the mark phrase but its no where to be found in the bible, just like love the sinner but hate the sin. These are just expressions and opinions. Sin does no mean following Ones own rules, it means disobedience to God, not to yourself and man, it seems you have have a genuine oversight of that core and foundational understanding of sin. But the question is this....If you follow your own moral code and you are *RIGHT* then why cant anyone follow their moral code and hurt people and be *RIGHT* who set the absolute standard that hurt or less suffering was wrong? Have you followed your own moral code flawlessly? if not why cant you follow it without fail? Why set up a standard and then break it?

There is NO evidence for an afterlife… there are plenty of ideas from around the world for an afterlife but as of today… no evidence.. in fact all evidence points to the personality ending with physical death… does something survive?… yes.. the atoms and molecules which make us up are recycled by the universe to become other things, and our genes live on in our descendants.. AND if we are lucky, we leave a legacy of having made the world a little bit better for being alive.

Have you been dead to know for a fact there is nothing on the other side? you made a positive claim by saying there is no evidence for an afterlife. and Postive claims.....must be defended with emprical evidence, just like you would expect us to.

Maybe there is some sort of existence after physical death… I don't know, but reincarnation makes a whole lot more sense (unending learning and opportunity for an endless variety of experience) for an eternal being (soul?) than the christian concept of 'heaven', considering we are learning beings and explorers by nature.

This addreses my point earlier when i said "They will not Say there is no God but they have no problem saying there is no sin no hell no afterlife no supernatural? How can you say that positive claim without evidence???! BOP is on me and ANYONE who makes a positive claim. Contradiction Steak for sale! with A1 Sauce for only $4.99" earlier you stated "There is NO evidence for an afterlife"....then you said "Maybe there is some sort of existence after physical death"

i am not picking on you, i was addressing non christians as a whole who i seen do this,

on one hand they will take nuetral stance and then take different stance in the same subject. They will say there is No X then later say i dont believe or enough evidence for X. To make a positive claim as if ones KNOWS for sure, and then backtrack say they are taking the nuetral position

I was a christian for most of my life, and being who I am studied deeply the Bible and various interpretations thereof. It just doesn't make sense when it comes down to it… and is in many ways an abhorrent belief system based on human sacrifice, blood rites and scapegoating. No.. any supreme being there may hypothetically be would not be nearly so petty or bloodthirsty as Yahweh of the Hebrews.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me, and im sure it was a tough decision to covert, you seem the type who likes to look at all your options and you put great consideration in your deconversion and it effected your life, family and friends. I know it affected my friend when he changed as well. I think there will always be a standstill between christians and non christians on morals. Both can be loving, Both can also be bad people. NOT because of religious status though, but because of the human condition. Many stories in the bible are outward reflections of poor behavior of mankind. But if moral relatisvism is true

When I began to look at the universe, first through the Hubble images, then began to learn about how it all works and the vastness and incredible beauty, mystery and magnificence it, it became very clear to me just how pedestrian and low the human species imaginings of it actually are… reality is more majestic, more awe-inspiring than anything I've ever found in ancient texts. Then I realized that there are people in the world doing wonderful things for others, either without religion or in spite of it…or through science… these old myths aren't NEEDED anymore, these superstitious, and fearful fairytales. We could use more humanism though.

I love your writing ,it is magnificient and beautiful as well :) well we at an impasse. I fee lthe same magnificence of the stars sky grass oceans and the world in general is truly amazing and awe inspiring as well. But we view things things in a differently though as far as origin. But at least we can agree on beauty.

I am glad to be where I am now.

im glad to be on this stie, i lvoe it sooo much, i learned a million thing sby being here without peopels skepticism i wouldnt have learned what i do now, i still have a lot to learn. i knew more about the bible by talking with you guys. This site has helped me tremendously in wanted to find a depper understanding of the otherside and different perspectives and having an open mind

And.. what the hell are you talking about anyway?, seriously… please proofread and straighten out your argument/points first.. GAH!! It's like trying to read IKEA instructions transliterated from Malaysian to Russian and then to English by native speakers of none of these languages.

Then perhaps i could sign up for more lessons, how much you charge?

So providing a decription of Godzilla is useless? then why do yall ask for one?

even if given one you reject it? then you reject a Godzilla that you dont even know what it is?

That makes sense how?

Of course it is useful.  You are helping those who will protect us if the real Godzilla attacks.

ha.....haha i seen what you did there guy

Why should I assume one of them is "real"?  

Thats the conundrum isnt? yall asked for a description with a pre condition to never accept one in the first place and then...you say God doesnt exist without a description you dont even know what you are denying, you dont even know what doesnt exist because you have no clue what it even is. Can't say something DOESNT exist if you dont even know what it is

Thats the conundrum isnt? yall asked for a description with a pre condition to never accept one in the first place and then...you say God doesnt exist without a description you dont even know what you are denying, you dont even know what doesnt exist because you have no clue what it even is. Can't say something DOESNT exist if you dont even know what it is

Disingenuous believer is disingenuous.

Where everyone go? I must be in church no athiest here I will miss y'all :(

Oh there u are good to see u. Want some steak for the reunion?

1doubleA1,

Would it help if we said that we all looked into what the Bible says about "God" and found that it just wasn't true? 

Where everyone go? I must be in church no athiest here I will miss y'all sad.png

When your arguments fail you resort to lying?

It is absurd to assert that we cannot know that Godzilla is fiction simply because we don't know if Godzilla was 399 feet tall or 398 feet tall or 400 feet tall or 402 feet tall and so on.  This is absurd.

Your argument fails.  The exact details of Godzilla are irrelevant to the fact that Godzilla is a creation of humans.

Likewise we don't need to know if God has 6,251 hitpoints or only 6,250.  We don't need to know if God has 8,000 mana points or over 12,000.  God is still a fictional creation of humans.

Or do you keep an open mind that Thor might be real simply because you don't know how many volts his lightning power has?

I can see a picture of Godzilla where is the picture of God?

That's the difference.

One where there ISNT a description at all of the NATURE not label

versus

One who has a description despite the subjective nature of it

Fictional is a label not a description of the actual being.

Otherwise spider is not red and blue he is fictional

Superman isn't a man he is fictional

Godzilla isn't similar to a giant lizard he is fictional

That's a label. Not a description of nature of the being IN the fictional universe

We can't say Superman isn't real because we don't know how much he weighs.

We can't say Wonder Woman isn't real because we don't know how tall she is.

We can't say Luke Skywalker isn't real because we don't know his birthday.

We can't say anything or anybody isn't real because there is always going to be some fictional detail about them which hasn't been invented yet.