Goodbye Jesus

18 Companies That Are Extremely Religious

SilentLoner

"Weapons-parts maker Trijicon made waves in 2010 when an ABC Nightline investigation found that the company had inscribed coded biblical references on high-powered rifle sights used by the US military.

Military officials told ABC they were unaware of the inscriptions, which violated US military rules banning the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan. 

The Michigan-based company at the time acknowledged the codes and told ABC that the practice started under its founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian who was killed in a 2003 plane crash.

Seriously...  W.T.F.  eek.gif

I remember about 25 years ago when Chick-fil-a wouldn't hire you unless you were a Christian.  They would ask you, and if you said no, you wouldn't get the job.  I used to wonder how they got away with that.  

Well I know who won't be getting my money.

It is a bit of an overstatement to label a whole company as religious because the owner or CEO is.  A company will have a board of directors, dozens of investors, hundreds of employees and dozens of managers, all of who are part of the business structure and all of who will be of differing beliefs and religions.  Most of the time their personal beliefs don't cross over into the business realm which is why no one knows of the links. 

I worked for Marriott corporation many many years ago at their reservation center. Looking back with what I now know I can see how rigid and straitlaced they were. One call agent got stranded there for about 48 straight hours during a blizzard and for awhile was the only person working the phones. They managed to find a creative way to get out of paying him any overtime! Can't recall the details but remember being outraged. They had a paternal 'shut up and do as you're told' attitude that I assumed was the Mormon work ethic. 

Guest Furball

It is a bit of an overstatement to label a whole company as religious because the owner or CEO is.  A company will have a board of directors, dozens of investors, hundreds of employees and dozens of managers, all of who are part of the business structure and all of who will be of differing beliefs and religions.  Most of the time their personal beliefs don't cross over into the business realm which is why no one knows of the links. 

True, but there are companies who do want everyone on their team to be of the same beliefs as them and do what they can to weed out the non believers from the believers during the interview process.

Tom's of Maine, a natural products retailer best known for its toothpaste, is not that outwardly religious. But its founder Tom Chappell is an active Episcopalian, who graduated from Harvard Divinity School.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-that-are-extremely-religious-2014-12?op=1#ixzz3Mr2b7je3

Don't get me wrong, I am disgusted with companies who impose their own religious beliefs on their employees and/or customers, but from this, and what I read in the entire "Tom's of Maine" paragraph...unless there is something more that wasn't written there that I am not aware of...it's pretty hard to get indignant about that.  Their founder is perfectly welcome to his own liberal Christian delusions that he does not impose upon others.

Fly aboard Alaskan Air and you're likely to get some bible passages along with your in-flight breakfast. 

Each breakfast tray comes with an inspirational notecard printed with a passage from the Old Testament, a company tradition dating back several decades. 

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-that-are-extremely-religious-2014-12?op=1#ixzz3Mr4Pqq93

What do you want to bet they never got Psalm 137:9 into the rotation?

• Super Moderator

I knew about Hobby Lobby, which is the only one of these business I actually do business with.  Ironically, they have a very decent selection of science toys and experiments.  In fact, many of the supplies for my son's lab come from there.

Tom's of Maine, a natural products retailer best known for its toothpaste, is not that outwardly religious. But its founder Tom Chappell is an active Episcopalian, who graduated from Harvard Divinity School.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-that-are-extremely-religious-2014-12?op=1#ixzz3Mr2b7je3

Don't get me wrong, I am disgusted with companies who impose their own religious beliefs on their employees and/or customers, but from this, and what I read in the entire "Tom's of Maine" paragraph...unless there is something more that wasn't written there that I am not aware of...it's pretty hard to get indignant about that.  Their founder is perfectly welcome to his own liberal Christian delusions that he does not impose upon others.

Who said anything about getting indignant?