Goodbye Jesus

Car Versus Baby

1AcceptingAThiest1

Logic is a mental construct/discipline(s) with various applications…humans invented it. 

• Like 1

I propose that a (ridiculously improbable entity) exists. It can't be seen or detected in any way. Just because this entity, be definition, is beyond discovery or examination, I submit that it exists precisely because I can't demonstrate its existence; if I could then it wouldn't be the entity I proposed. The evidence we DO have is that you are unable to disprove it!!!

We know from the evidence that the Unicorn is invisible because we cannot see her.  However it is through faith that we realize she is pink.

• Like 1

human create different logical ways of obersving the world. they created logic in a sense, but they did not create logical absolutes. They existed before recognition and before observation.

logical absolutes could 100% NOT come from man. Logic, laws of logic is different from logical absolutes. you can recognize and observe but humans cannot account for the actual origin of logical absolutes

• Super Moderator

I love it when theists explain logic to the rest of us.

"Is logic empirical?"[edit]
Main article: Is logic empirical?

What is the epistemological status of the laws of logic? What sort of argument is appropriate for criticizing purported principles of logic? In an influential paper entitled "Is logic empirical?"[37] Hilary Putnam, building on a suggestion of W. V. Quine, argued that in general the facts of propositional logic have a similar epistemological status as facts about the physical universe, for example as the laws of mechanics or of general relativity, and in particular that what physicists have learned about quantum mechanics provides a compelling case for abandoning certain familiar principles of classical logic: if we want to be realists about the physical phenomena described by quantum theory, then we should abandon the principle of distributivity, substituting for classical logic the quantum logicproposed by Garrett Birkhoff and John von Neumann.[38]

Another paper of the same name by Sir Michael Dummett argues that Putnam's desire for realism mandates the law of distributivity.[39] Distributivity of logic is essential for the realist's understanding of how propositions are true of the world in just the same way as he has argued the principle of bivalence is. In this way, the question, "Is logic empirical?" can be seen to lead naturally into the fundamental controversy in metaphysics on realism versus anti-realism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

Of course reading the entire article is encouraged too.

• Super Moderator

human create different logical ways of obersving the world. they created logic in a sense, but they did not create logical absolutes. They existed before recognition and before observation.

So did math.  What's your point?

• Super Moderator

logical absolutes could 100% NOT come from man. Logic, laws of logic is different from logical absolutes. you can recognize and observe but humans cannot account for the actual origin of logical absolutes

Or mathematical principles, for that matter.  Again, what's your point?

that IS the point if you didnt make it, how did it get there?

Would someone please explain to me… how a logical absolute is an universal law.. like gravity, or the second law of thermodynamics.

I don't see it.

No, wait… please explain what a logical absolute is.. first. I read this site and I don't see it as something that is apart from human interpretation. It's a MENTAL CONSTRUCT…it has no meaning except to humans.  If I am wrong, please… educate me.

http://logical-critical-thinking.com/logic/logical-absolutes/

Thank you  :)

A1 sauce grabs from different apologetics websites like someone filling their plate at a cruise ship buffet table.  Just because it says all you can eat does not mean you should stuff your face with everything you see.  Better to order a la carte and savour and digest a perfectly sized portion of nutritious food.  

Although this has happened vise versa as well but this debunks your theory that you are stuck with whatever you are raised in especially since c.s. lewis and many others were athiest as well

That's usually how it works, people very often will adopt the religion of their home country, and even if they didn't start out Christians. Conversion experiences are common. I'm not sure what it is you're debunking, your conversion to Christianity isn't unique.   

No one has said you're stuck in the religion that you were raised.  If you're a Christian in a Christian country though, it's not a surprise, regardless of how you ended up a Christian.  People have religious experiences all over the US and all over the world in all kinds of different religions, it's not an rare, amazing event.

You're part of the majority.  And so, what you do is come to a website of people who don't believe the same as you do, and try to tell us how wrong we are.  

• Like 1

ROFL free. Your awesone.

So Florduh Ravenstar redneckprofessor mind if I close this thread and start one with logical absolutes?

This thread has spanned about 7 different topics. Its not focued at all.

I know I can hold my own with logical absolutes since I debated formally against athiest in formal setting in this topic at debate.org

So with your permission I like to end this and start a new thread please sine we gottteeenn waaaayyyy off topic of the OP

You think that you're logical, yet can't see that it's ok for people not to believe the same as you do.  It's 'logical' to you that everyone should believe in your god lol.  I guess bigotry is logically justifiable now. Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 1

I know I can hold my own with logical absolutes since I debated formally against athiest in formal setting in this topic at debate.org

Logical absolutes is nonsense.  Just because a phrase has the word "logical" in it does not make it logical.  No one has ever been able to win a debate against an atheist using logic.  It's not possible.  But go on, try.  There could be some good jokes in it.

I need permission to start a new thread first then. Your imminent logical destruction will commence at zero two hundred hours. Peace bye peace

that IS the point if you didnt make it, how did it get there?

It didn't need to "get there."  It merely is, and things like formal logic are used by humans to describe it.  The existence of logic certainly can't be used as evidence for supernatural beings.

Can things exist withouta any prior pre existing materials?

You say logical absolutes Simply is??? Ha.... And how many OTHER things simply is..without no explanation of its arrival?

Can things exist without any prior pre existing materials?

You say logical absolutes Simply is??? Ha.... And how many OTHER examples of things simply is..without no explanation of its arrival?

You say logical absolutes Simply is??? Ha.... And how many OTHER examples of things simply is..without no explanation of its arrival?