Goodbye Jesus

I'm An Eharmony Reject!

violetbutterfly

Is this a badge of pride? I've heard others say that they were rejected after saying that religion was not important. I was bored (and lonely) at 3am so I decided to join for the hell of it, and this is what I got at the end of the questionnaire:

Picture1-1.png

And yes, I answered that religion, church and being active in my church community were a zero on the importance scale. And that I'd prefer a partner that was neither spiritual nor religious.

So, when are they going to start that Ex-ChristianMingle site?

Methinks you are already on it. wink.png

We are not left out of the online dating scene anymore, apparently!  :D

http://www.atheistpassions.com

http://www.freethinkermatch.com

http://www.atheistonlinedating.com

http://www.atheistdatingconnexion.com

enjoy!

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

whos-love-is-greater1.gif

I wasn't impressed with eharmony when I was on it several years ago. They had "flexible matching," meaning you put in your preferences and they ignored them. As a 34-year-old woman in Denver, I knew I didn't want a 50-year-old man on the other side of the country. Having to click through page after page in the days of dial-up internet to get "matches" like that off my list was annoying.

• Like 1

Guest Furball

I think it is sad that people just don't love people for the simple reason that their people. I mean atheist dating websites, religious websites and all that crap. Religion divides humans apart, it doesn't bring them together. If someone says they love you and puts any kind of condition upon it, then they don't really love you at all. But, that being said, i do wish and hope you all have someone in your lives that does love you for just you and no other reason.

That questionnaire bored the ass off me when I did it. It was bull shit lol

That questionnaire bored the ass off me when I did it. It was bull shit lol

The okcupid questionnaire is WAY more fun. There are all kinds of scandalous sex questions. Way more up my alley.

Thank you for the links to the other sites! I'll be checking them out when I get home.

I wish we could all get along without worrying about differences of religion too. However, having just escaped from it, and starting over with a clean slate, I'd like to just avoid avoid starting something with someone who is very religious. If I happen to meet someone by chance and hit it off that's one thing, but in this case I'm narrowing the pool by certain criteria anyway.

• Like 1

Is this a badge of pride? I've heard others say that they were rejected after saying that religion was not important. I was bored (and lonely) at 3am so I decided to join for the hell of it, and this is what I got at the end of the questionnaire:

Picture1-1.png

And yes, I answered that religion, church and being active in my church community were a zero on the importance scale. And that I'd prefer a partner that was neither spiritual nor religious.

biggrin.png Definitely a badge of pride. 

• Like 3

I did the whole Eharmony thing years and years ago. Generally, it was a waste of money, since I put far more into it than I ever got back (i.e. Several months paying, few matches responded, no dates, lots of bullshit). The free sites are better since they don't cost anything except time.

I also noticed that eharmony "matches" would often contact me whenever I got ready to bail out. Once, I was on the cancel form and someone contacted me. Wasn't that interesting, given the timing? Of course, that never went anywhere and I had no way of knowing if that was a real match or just an eharmony employee pretending to be one.

Beats me. If they did, maybe then I'd try dating sites again.