Goodbye Jesus

Rant About Hollywood And It's Use Of Occult Symbolism

The361view

I just hate how Hollywood abuses the occult symbolism shtick. I hate how it gives fuel to the pastor’s fire about how the world is coming to an end. I hate how it caused me to go into depression. I hate how it scared me further into faith in Christianity. I hate how it almost caused me to delete all of my favorite music associated with mainstream artists that have used the occult symbolism one way or another. Doing the occult symbolism shtick is no guarantee for higher sales anyway. Lots of artists have used the occult symbolism in their album and singles cover art and music videos yet they flopped. So maybe it’s time for Hollywood to hang up that shtick as a trend. Why can’t they just stop? They’ve beaten that trend to the ground now. I mean imagine all the profit they’re missing out on by scaring consumers away with occult symbolism. Nobody thinks it’s edgy anymore, just creepy. Like I feel like the entertainment industry forgets that most of America is religious so why they insist on putting occult symbolism in everything instead of playing it safe to maximize sales is beyond me. Sure occult symbolism generates buzz, but I think most of the buzz is negative. Like a lot of my peers who are young like me have given up listening to mainstream music because they’re creeped out by the occult symbolism used and all they listen to is underground music. Even now I think the damage that the occult symbolism trend has made on mainstream music’s appeal is irreversible. I also hate when they blaspheme religions in their music videos NOT because I’m offended  but because it makes all atheists look bad. It’s easy to attack conspiracy nuts who analyze every video but can we blame them? Hollywood keeps putting these tired easter eggs in their music videos. I just want them to stop. It’s not even profitable or hip or edgy. It's just stupid and puts you in a mindfuck. 

Sorry if my rant is long, but I just wondering if anyone deep down feels this way. I know I can’t be alone. 

I listen to underground music because it's better than mainstream music… never noticed the 'occult' symbolism. Maybe I'm immune?

Can I have an example?

I'm no great fan of films anyway - so, whilst I am puzzled as to what symbolism is in view here, I have to accept that I might simply have missed it.  What symbols are we talking about?