Goodbye Jesus

And So We Wait...

bornagainathiest

OC is in chat, so I took the opportunity to remind him about TRP and Ficino's questions in 3 threads, by copying and pasting from the OP to chat.  His lame response:

"I've responded to many things in this forum over the years. I posted a link. If you want to see what I have to say search on my userid."

and

"I have a life. I don't spend much time online over all, and I get bored with the repeat questions. I understand better than you think. There is nothing said or asked here I have not heard many times before. Honestly do you really think there is much genuine discussion going on in these threads."

(What happens in chat stays in chat but I waived that rule here because christ-tard OC owes TRP and Ficino some responses, and only came in to chat to proselytise/troll).

Not much genuine discussion going on ...so why's he still here?

(snip)

So, it was just as I thought. He really is a lying salesman for Jesus.

Well... not exactly, CG.

A long while back, when asked if he was here to evangelize OC replied, "That's not my job."

The closest I've ever seen of a statement of intent from him was when he declared that he was here to... "hold us intellectually and spiritually accountable to God".  Quite how he believes he's doing that by lying to us, I don't know.  

Wendyshrug.gif  

But the facts speak for themselves.  For someone who claims to... not spend much time online overall ...he's certainly been busy!

Here's his bio from Reasonablefaith.org 

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/forums/profile/ordinaryclay-845/

3,717 posts since 10/24/09

1.949 posts per day (so he's posted almost two messages here every day - for the last five years )

Last active: TODAY, at 12:16:19 PM

http://www.reddit.com/user/OrdinaryClay

(he's been a member of reddit.com for at least two years)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230617&st=135

(He's made 631 posts in this forum, since 06/25/2010.)

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1258&hilit=ordinaryclay

He has been banned form the Atheismplus forum

• OrdinaryClay - Religious troll. Showed enthusiasm about the fact that human beings were losing their reproductive rights in this thread.

Here's a copy of the first of nine (9) pages of (over 80) threads he's been active in, over at RationalResponders.com

1. Arguing with OrdinaryClay or Paisley? | The Rational Response ...
    treat2, are you Paisley, OrdinaryClay, or both? ... Oh wait, that's right... that's usually my reaction to anything Paisley or OrdinaryClay posts.

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17661 - Similar

2. New | The Rational Response Squad
    Hi, My name is OrdinaryClay, and I'm a Christian. Bookmark/Search this post with : Delicious · Digg · StumbleUpon · Reddit · Facebook · Google ...

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17469 - Similar

3. recent posts HIGH SPEED | The Rational Response Squad
    Type sort icon, Title, Author · Replies · Last Post ...

www.rationalresponders.com/view/super_tracker?page=108&order... - Similar

4. Belief in Benevolent God Aids Depression Care | The Rational ...
    OrdinaryClay wrote: I never claimed this study was an argument for God's existence. It is an argument for the benefit of believing He exists.

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/19803 - Similar

5. Houston man allegedly tried to beat demon from son | The Rational ...
    OrdinaryClay wrote: If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist. Bookmark/Search this post with:.

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17338 - Similar

6. The history of the soul | The Rational Response Squad
    OrdinaryClay wrote: If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist. Bookmark/Search this post with:.

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17683 - Similar

7. "Moral authority" in a world without god | The Rational Response Squad
    Here's the link, and it's been frustrating me for days: http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1803&start=200. OrdinaryClay wrote:.

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17520 - Similar

8. Atheist killers VS. Theists. | The Rational Response Squad
    OrdinaryClay wrote: Magus wrote: Atheism answers only one question. It isn't a worldview and doesn't dictate morality, it therefore cannot be ...

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17563 - Similar

9. RNA creates itself in the lab | The Rational Response Squad
    OrdinaryClay wrote: The atheist willingness to believe despite evidence is evidence of their faith. Demonizing me for questioning it is evidence ...

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17684 - Similar

10. The meaning of life for an Athiest | The Rational Response Squad
    OrdinaryClay wrote: The problem with equating purpose with something to pass the time with is that it is fleeting. Since by choice most people ...

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17708 - Similar

Please draw your own conclusions.
  • Like 1

BAA, thank you for taking the time to find this information about OC.  It provides useful context to his behaviour here.

BAA, thank you for taking the time to find this information about OC.  It provides useful context to his behaviour here.

Yes, and let's also thank Ordinary Clay for showing up again and providing the opportunity for current lurkers to view the duplicitous behavior (past and present) of a self-proclaimed True Christian™.

• Like 1

So why are we waiting then?

It seems that the Christians that come here have nothing new to say. That is, they have nothing that most of us haven't already said and believed and moved on from.  Do we love to debate them? I say yes...but they won't debate. Do we love to excoriate them? Yes again, but to what end?

I've said it before and so have others that the Christians that come here are somewhat less than grade-A (in their theology...I think most of them are fine as people), and that's putting it mildly. I myself have asked that perhaps they should send their pastors or others that are more learned in scripture to educate us, but that never happens.

Could it be that the current crop of Christian visitors are in some way de-converting themselves? Doesn't it seem that some (I won't name names) retreat into philosophy, which by scripture is a waste of time (Colossians 2:8), or at least won't go down without a fight, which I think is admirable if they really believe what they believe? Have these Christians become the new Epicureans of Acts 17:18, with we Ex-Christians being the new babblers of some strange new god of reality?

Either way, why do we wait? There is, after all, an entire world of brutality and beauty which we face, and whether we like it or not, we should move forward and face it without waiting for those who can't keep up.

Wait!   At one time, I couldn't keep up either. Some people waited for me. Should I do less?

And so we wait...

• Like 3

And so we wait.

Really the only thing that will do the trick is for these Christians to see the light and lose their faith.  Nothing short of that will make them honest.  They have taken a pack of lies and built their world view on top of it.  Christians can't be honest about matters of faith because doing so kills their faith.

Thank you mymistake for your honest opinion.

Some here, I'm sure, totally agree with you.

Christians denouncing their faith is the only thing that would make them honest.

I disagree.

And so we wait.

Really the only thing that will do the trick is for these Christians to see the light and lose their faith.  Nothing short of that will make them honest.  They have taken a pack of lies and built their world view on top of it.  Christians can't be honest about matters of faith because doing so kills their faith.

Christians denouncing their faith is the only thing that would make them honest.

I disagree.

Typical IH, gives no reasons for his mere opinion.

And so we wait.

I disagree.

Typical IH, gives no reasons for his mere opinion.

Maybe IH has to go back to whomever gave him his opinion in order to get his reasons? That might take a while because IH is so busy moving goal posts and dodging questions.

This is from the OP:

"We all patiently wait for Ironhorse to specify exactly what body of empirical (i.e., non-scriptural) evidence he uses to support his faith - so that we may examine and question it."

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I disagree.

With so many broken promises from you, Ironhorse, you're the last person who should be discussing honesty.

• Like 2

So we wait....

wait for what?

For science to change its definition to where it can observe outside of the natural? If it can't then it limits itself indefinitely to ONLY natural means and the supernatural will always be unknowable because supernatural causation can never be known because the *bridge* from *detection* of supernatural and natural can never be crossed because any supernatural contact with natural is automatically reduced to a natural explanation...

End result?.....if it can be explained its natural. If it can't be explained it's supernatural.

The term Supernatural raw definition but 99% dictionaries is a event or phenomenon that science can't explain

Wait for what?

For someone to go back in time to unwrite the bible? So that people wouldn't see Christians as morally bankrupt? Even if Jesus is proven real even if God is proven real by millions of research and study you would logically and rationally acknowledge their actual existence of course. But unless the bible is re written. Or unwritten you will never love or worship God.....so...why spend 2000 years asking for evidence of his existence when that really isn't the issue if you dont love him and *IF* the bible was proven *True* by all humanity and scientists using evidence I will say this again

*IF* the bible was proven *True* by all humanity and scientists using evidence

*IF* the bible was proven *True* by all humanity and scientists using evidence

And if the bible *Said* you should love and trust his ways and be morslly accountable to him then......anyone who didnt despite the **hypothetically scenario*** *IF* the bible was proven *True* by all humanity and scientists using evidence

Then NOT trusting him even tho the bible if was proven true by all scientist and humanity *Said you should* you would be willfully denying what was proven true willfully rejecting and that is the same thing many Christians are accused of and willfully choosing to deny all evidence.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The above makes no sense.

• Like 3

Go home A1, you're drunk.

• Like 1

That's the response when your stumped. Got it. Lol

Reminds me of Free thread about thr dunning syndromd

Baa I've waited for you to create a new topic about cosmological and do small increments of info by no thread made 0ll. The other one is locked I can't comment.

So waiting for you to start new thread o. It I asked 4times

So yes we wait

Yes A1.  Your word salads stump everyone.   

go-home-you-are-drunk-meme-funny-picture

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I make it simple for you.

Even if God and Jesus was proven real and the bible was true by all humanity and all scientists

Would you love God and choose to be morally accountable to him submit your lifestyle to what he wants?

Your answer is no.

And your reason for that answer is simple

Even if God and Jesus was proven real and the bible was true by all humanity and all scientists

Yes A1. Your word salads stump everyone.

Lol I make it simple for you like I did ficcino

Definition of supernatural by * dictionary definition* not mine is an event of phenomenon unexplainable by science

By default BT definition science then could never detect supernatural... Unknowable. Forever. Unless science change its definition altogether

Wow, you really got us good.

Atheists  0

Christians   1

If you will excuse me I have to get to a church so I can beg for Jesus to take me back.

Lol I learned from you guys. I say its even.

I still have more to learn as far as critical thinking.

Like why is it illegal to wear bra and panties in public but not a 2 piece bikini

Baa I've waited for you to create a new topic about cosmological and do small increments of info by no thread made 0ll. The other one is locked I can't comment.

So waiting for you to start new thread o. It I asked 4times

So yes we wait

Oh no you don't, A1!   PageofCupsNono.gif

This thread isn't about what you're waiting for me to do you for you.

It's about what you've left unfinished.  Here's an extract from my opening post, which you either didn't bother to read or decided to ignore or hoped I'd forget.

SUBJECTIVE MORALITY : A CASE IN POINT

I patiently wait for 1AcceptingAthiest1 (a.k.a. A1 Steak sauce) to respond to my Jan 9 post which destroyed his justification of God ordering the Israelites to eradicate the Amalekites.

Here's the link...  http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/66227-subjective-morality-a-case-in-point/page-5#.VMIjnEesUuk and here's the post which I'm waiting for you to reply to.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

A1's justification of divinely-approved genocide does not rest on any moral difference between the God and the Nazis.

Instead he argues that what justifies God is His ability to see the future - not his inherent goodness and morality.

"Unlike us God knows the future.  The Nazis did not, so they acted selfishly.  But with God he knew what the results would be if Israel did not completely eradicate the Amalekites."

This is the key point of A1's argument. 

Because the Nazis couldn't know the future - they acted selfishly. 

Their selfishness, their immorality and their evil is a direct result of their inability to know the future  So, by implication, if the Nazis had been able to see the future, they would NOT have been acting selfishly, immorally and wickedly.  Their acts of genocide would be just as moral and justifiable as God's.  Their knowledge of future events would have totally justified and excused the horrors of Auschwitz, Treblinka and Belsen.  Just as God's knowledge of the future totally justified and excused him ordering the complete eradication of the Amalekites.

According to A1, knowledge of the future justifies genocide.

Therefore, according to A1's argument - morality and goodness come from power. 

Because God is all-powerful and all-knowing and the Nazis were not, God is therefore good and moral - but the Nazis were evil and immoral.  Thus A1 successfully argues that MIGHT MAKES RIGHT.  Thus there is NO moral or ethical difference between Adolf Hitler and Yahweh, the god of Israel. 

A1 probably didn't realize that he was making this argument... but he did make it.

Thanks,

BAA.

So please respond A1 - either here or in appropriate thread.

BAA

• Like 1

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Would you love God and choose to be morally accountable to him submit your lifestyle to what he wants?

Your answer is no.

And your reason for that answer is simple

You do not know anything about me or what I would decide under what circumstances.  The above is an insult.

• Like 3

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Of course not. He, like Irony Horse, are True Believers™. They have their heads so far up their arses that they haven't had a fresh breath of logic for years, if ever.

• Like 4

Prove me wrong ficcino.

Will you worship and love God and be morally accountable to him forever?

If you will I stand corrected