Goodbye Jesus

Christians Against Dinosaurs

Learner

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonexistingdinosaurs/

I recently saw this page on Facebook and could not believe my eyes: a group of 12,000 Christians (currently on Facebook) who I guess don't believe dinosaurs existed.  I even did some research about the group online, and it sounds like they're serious, but it's so fricking stupid I still cannot believe they're serious.  Hmm, but maybe not as dimwitted as the popular fundamentalist blogger Tim Challies who I recently saw having a post on 6-day creationism where he said he saw NO evidence (at all!) for the earth being old after studying science (and the Bible, of course).  Such things are so completely blind and idiotic it just makes me face-palm and just leave it at that.

I absolutely cannot believe anyone can seriously think dinosaurs never existed.  Ok so, sure, the devil planted all these bones across the world in a way that fits perfectly with evolutionary theory and an old-earth timeframe...oh boy.  I continue to be more and more convinced that pseudoscience is just a form of conspiracy theory.

That looks like satire.  Oh, and take a look at the group members.  I see one that's an atheist friend of mine.  

That's what I was hoping/thinking, but I wouldn't put it past some people!  Thanks for the confirmation.  smile.png  Now I want to join it!

You know, that entire thing of morontheists being totally hung up on those big lizards keeps making me grin. To them and their ignorant delusional world, Dinos = Ebilushen™, and if they can somehow convince people that the dinos are a myth, BANG! CRETINISM!

It's a pity that you can't even make them realize how mindblowingly much they are clueless about... :lmao:

• Super Moderator

Well....there's the christian camp who believe dinosaurs never existed and then there's the camp who swear that humans lived with dinosaurs and that The Flintstones is a documentary.   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif eek.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

If you don't feel like you fit into the facebook group "Christians Against Dinosaurs" you could always join the opposing group "Dinosaurs Against Christians Who Are Against Dinosaurs". 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DACWAAD/

• Like 1

Guest Furball

He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. job 40:17

I thought this was describing dinosaurs.... 

I bet it's a mix of trolls and dupes.

My wife experienced a real life flat earther who didn't want his kid taught otherwise. Mind blown.

I've said it before so I may as well add it here.  When I was younger I basically fell into this camp.  I was taught that dinosaurs were basically "fake" and so I had no interest in them only learned about them because I had to.  When I went on a field trip to a (small) museum that had dino stuff I immediately dismissed it all as essentially propaganda.

It's very easy for me to understand how these people might exist and can simply hand-waive the very idea of dinosaurs away without a second thought.  To them it's very much like the whole thing is like something out of a movie but people took too seriously.  It's sort of how the bible and it's stories appear to us now.  Imagine seeing a serious display of Noah and the ark.  It's a silly idea that's easy to waive away.

Now, of course, there's more evidence for dinosaurs than for old Noah but that depends on where and how hard you tend to look.  If you accept the bible as the best evidence for everything then there's pretty much no evidence for dinos and plenty for Noah.  And that's where I was.  I had to lose the biblical authority to start seeing things differently.

mwc

Before you think nobody could be that dumb, there's a biologist (I think she has a doctrate) in the Canadian Reformed circles named Margaret Helder who doesn't think dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago. For her, it all comes down to the bible and Adam and Eve, and rightly so.

If Adam and Eve never literally existed as first man and women about 8,000 years ago as taught in the bible, than what does that make the bible? Christians love to say that this is "allegory" or "myth" but unfortunately for them, Jesus himself talks about Adam as a literal human being. So either God himself (i.e. Jesus) is lying or doesn't know about "allegory" and "myth", or the bible is wrong, i.e. fallible.

For any serious Christian, dinosaurs should be their biggest cause for anxiety. They prove beyond reasonable doubt that the bible is inaccurate and this means they shouldn't trust any of its fantastical claims.

Guest Furball

Christians against dinosaurs? Weird, christians believe dinosaurs didn't exist, but these fiction pushers believe there's a guy who can walk on water and and make the elements of the earth do as he pleases....oh and he flies around on clouds too....i'm gonna go out on a limb here and call bullsh*t

The mark of a delusional person is that he sees and believes only his delusion, never the dinosaur's  huge bones in the museum right in front of him.   They are fake because they aren't listed in the   bible.  Rip

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonexistingdinosaurs/

I recently saw this page on Facebook and could not believe my eyes: a group of 12,000 Christians (currently on Facebook) who I guess don't believe dinosaurs existed.  I even did some research about the group online, and it sounds like they're serious, but it's so fricking stupid I still cannot believe they're serious.  Hmm, but maybe not as dimwitted as the popular fundamentalist blogger Tim Challies who I recently saw having a post on 6-day creationism where he said he saw NO evidence (at all!) for the earth being old after studying science (and the Bible, of course).  Such things are so completely blind and idiotic it just makes me face-palm and just leave it at that.

I absolutely cannot believe anyone can seriously think dinosaurs never existed.  Ok so, sure, the devil planted all these bones across the world in a way that fits perfectly with evolutionary theory and an old-earth timeframe...oh boy.  I continue to be more and more convinced that pseudoscience is just a form of conspiracy theory.

I would laugh in the face of anyone who will flattly deny what they can see with their own eyes and understand with their own mind if they choose to not ignore reason and logic.

For those that ignore it LOL:)

Religion itself is a conspiracy of those that crave power to use it over those who are weak or don't to control them nothing more and it never has been. Just another system of control, just like the morons who fall for this shit.

Makes me sad that people would renounce what they can view for themselves in favor or something they cannot prove and are simply plugging their ears and making claims for. I would slap each one of those 12,000 people personally if I could. Right in the brain.

I don't know what these people think but I was taught in school that god created everything with the appearance of age.  So even though the whole universe was only about 6000 years old it looks like it was much older.  They gave a number of reasons for this but it boiled down to letting people decide things for themselves.  They could simply look around and trust themselves or they could look around and then use the bible as their guide (ie. trust god...we're supposed to find truth by filtering things through the bible) and understand looks can be deceiving and that the universe was actually very young.  The dinosaurs are just an extension of this old looking creation (although some would say the devil planted them to deceive which made things rather confusing and shows that they really can't explain them within their own system).  Anyhow, it all makes a lot more sense while you're in the middle of it and all the systems of reinforcement are in place.

mwc

Ah yes the appearance of age idea. Also known as "so you're saying your gawd is a liar, is that about it?". :Hmm:

Really, no rational (well-programmed) brain can stomach that without puking all across town. As I see it, the only ways to get that into someone's head and make it stick is brainwashing of whatever kind. Make the victim's brain work such that it doesn't value objective evidence. Peer pressure... "this is how we all do it"... obdience-über-alles "education"... you name it.

Guest Furball

The mark of a delusional person is that he sees and believes only his delusion, never the dinosaur's  huge bones in the museum right in front of him.   They are fake because they aren't listed in the   bible.  Rip

That is so very very true. Truthful and honest post rip. thanks

He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. job 40:17

I have argued that passage several times, it perfectly describes an elephant. The Christians I've said this to say "it says his tail was as big as a cedar, elephants have small tails" showing that they don't know the passage which only says moves like a cedar, it says nothing about size.

I have argued that passage several times, it perfectly describes an elephant. The Christians I've said this to say "it says his tail was as big as a cedar, elephants have small tails" showing that they don't know the passage which only says moves like a cedar, it says nothing about size.

So you think the proper interpretation of the passage is the elephant's tail sways gently like a tree sways in the wind?

I remember when I was a child there were people claiming that dinosaurs never existed; supposedly the devil put the bones there to deceive people. Among young earth creationists I think that the "dinosaurs weren't real" position has been mostly replaced by the view that dinosaurs and humans coexisted until shortly after Noah's flood. That latter position is the one that I used to believe and is the one that is put forth by ICR and AiG.

I don't know what these people think but I was taught in school that god created everything with the appearance of age.  So even though the whole universe was only about 6000 years old it looks like it was much older.  They gave a number of reasons for this but it boiled down to letting people decide things for themselves.

The common argument was that Adam and Eve were created in their adult forms, so it serves to "reason" that the land would have an "appearance" of age too.

So you think the proper interpretation of the passage is the elephant's tail sways gently like a tree sways in the wind?

The young earthers use that verse as a proof-text by insisting that it must be referring to the thickness of the trunk of the cedar tree. However, it could just as easily mean a branch of the cedar tree, or as MM suggests, it could also just mean the gentle swaying. It's definitely no slam-dunk for the creationists.

Guest Furball

Who came up with the "devil put the dinosaur bones there" ? If the non-humans (christians) really believe this, then where did the supposed devil come up with the dinosaur bones in the first place? 

Who came up with the "devil put the dinosaur bones there" ? If the non-humans (christians) really believe this, then where did the supposed devil come up with the dinosaur bones in the first place?

Magic. He made them. Or else God did it to test us. It all depends on who's telling it.

Magic. He made them. Or else God did it to test us. It all depends on who's telling it.

On second thought, the "devil" argument must be the correct one. I know because Alice in Chains tells me so. ;)

Guest Furball

On second thought, the "devil" argument must be the correct one. I know because Alice in Chains tells me so. wink.png

Ahhhh-i was gonna say that, but i didn't think anyone would care. Citsonga you are the greatest!