Goodbye Jesus

Orbit's Extimony

Orbit

Hi all-

As you can guess, this was not easy for me to write. I just wanted to say "thank you" for your comments and support. It means a lot.

• Like 2

Thanks for writing that, Orbit. 

There are some connections with what I went through; my last version of christianity, the new-agey one, wasn't judgemental of other religions just for existing but instead looked at them for more inspiration. I managed to convince myself that evolution was how creation was done. I totally had the loving hippie jesus. Except that it brutally turned out that I didn't. He wasn't there when i really, really needed him. Or if he was, he was okay with me nearly dying because of him.

Before things even escalated that far, I was already thinking that there are ways to connect with nature that don't need jesuses, angels, anything other than just us and the trees/animals/sceneries and being there in the moment, being aware. It can give you such peace to do that with, say, a tree that's too big for you to hug. I don't know if you can call it spiritual, maybe you can, but either way that's something I think I will always have with me. It's one good thing I can say new-ageyness gave me through its fixation with energy (though I think they take it a little too far when they fear demonic energies attached to houses and whatever and there comes the old familiar fear again). 

• Like 2