Goodbye Jesus

The Parish Picnic

Cousin Ricky

My mom just asked me if I’m going to the parish picnic tomorrow.

I hadn’t considered it. But the New England Patriots don’t play until evening, so I can’t use that as an excuse.

Maybe I’ll just take Nancy Reagan’s advice.

I can't go mom, the Pope threatened to punch me in the nose.

• Like 5

My mom just asked me if I’m going to the parish picnic tomorrow.

I hadn’t considered it. But the New England Patriots don’t play until evening, so I can’t use that as an excuse.

Maybe I’ll just take Nancy Reagan’s advice.

You mean "parish" as in Catholics?  So... will there be booze, or at least, beer?

• Like 1

I used to have to go to "fellowship meals", I' m assuming ots pretty much the same thing, couldnt get out of ot so I used to annoy them all by being the most anti social withdrawn person there. It was funny seeing the reactions.

• Like 1

Sounds like the last church barbeque where I sat by myself in silence eating the sandwiches I'd prepared in advance.

Are they at least going somewhere that will permit you to go for a walk by yourself?

Or how about feigning a migraine?

I took Nancy Reagan's advice and skipped to a tavern to watch the Seattle Seahawks show up late and the Green Bay Packers go home early.

Are they at least going somewhere that will permit you to go for a walk by yourself?

That's what I did at my family reunion last August. I learned in 2010 that Christianity is the official family religion, and in 2014, the reunion committee managed to schedule the Official Family Church Service so that it was logistically impossible to skip it without missing the family dinner that followed. So I went for a walk and then sat on a park bench until the service was over. (Judging from the reports from my mom and aunt, my watching ants crawl up a tree trunk was more entertaining than the church service.)

I grew up in Wisconsin and they whenever the church would have an event on a Sunday afternoonon the calender, it would say right next to the event "Packers play Monday Night this week"

I grew up in Wisconsin and they whenever the church would have an event on a Sunday afternoonon the calender, it would say right next to the event "Packers play Monday Night this week"

Lying for Jesus, eh?

Sorry your team packed up and went home before the game ended. Maybe they should hire a fat lady.

Guest Furball

I thought jesus people were suppose to not be a part of the world and live as do the rest of us unbelievers