Goodbye Jesus

Announcing The Brother Jeff Version Of The Bible! Glory!

Brother Jeff

Its good but lacks full concepts e.g re-invent the story around the context. Like was said previously about farmers telling Jesus to go fuck. Genieologies could be rewritten to say ' Lots of Incest from Adam to pantera then Mary fuckedva soldier and Jesus was born'. See what were getting at

It would provide insights to the casual reader that they'd never hear in church and make it clear that the BJV isn't just a bunch of irreverence and fart jokes.

One could also use footnotes to inform without changing any text; e.g., for the genealogy in Matthew, a footnote could be added, "See Luke for an completely different genealogy of Jesus."

• Like 1

What I've gotten out of the BJV of Matthew is that Jesus wasn't meek or mild. He deliberately baffled crowds and talked down to his disciples, while pandering to them about how special they were. Further, believing in Jesus didn't seem to be a ticket to heaven: seeds that simply fell on poor soil don't grow, and so I take it that a lot of people (most) would be burned like refuse through no fault of their own. And Jesus said repeatedly (not in these exact words) that his way was for simpletons. 

• Like 1

Its good but lacks full concepts e.g re-invent the story around the context. Like was said previously about farmers telling Jesus to go fuck. Genieologies could be rewritten to say ' Lots of Incest from Adam to pantera then Mary fuckedva soldier and Jesus was born'. See what were getting at

It would provide insights to the casual reader that they'd never hear in church and make it clear that the BJV isn't just a bunch of irreverence and fart jokes.

One could also use footnotes to inform without changing any text; e.g., for the genealogy in Matthew, a footnote could be added, "See Luke for an completely different genealogy of Jesus."

That's a lot more work that I am prepared to do on my own right now. Just the changes I am making are time-consuming enough since I am doing it all manually. It's more fun that way, and I don't have to correct where "replace" hasn't worked properly. If you and monkeyman want to take on the task of changing the stories, I will consider your work and add it to the BJV. This should be a group effort anyway. It will be a better product that way, and more fun for everyone involved. :)

I have a site online for the BJV now! The site needs some work, but it's ready for visitors. Check it out: http://bjvbible.com/ . I have everything that I have done so far online now. Please let me know what you think! Glory!

I think this group should all get involved like you said as there is varying interpretations some funnier than others.

Ive read 'the holy bible - best god damn version' and I love it. Defo follow those lines as opposed to replacing words.

What does others thinks

Guest Furball

Will this version come in calfskin leather bound edition?

I really want to feel more cooler than the others who only have the hardbound edition woohoo.gif

I would do more than buy it... I'd give you 10% of my income plus love offerings! FOREVER!

Perhaps one day I will hear a pompous pseudo intellectual (sorry - bible teacher) try using the BJV as a comparison text when seeking to reinforce some point that he thinks the KJV does not adequately cover...

Well, I can dream.

I can't wait for romans and galatians

Here is Galatians! 

Galatians.pdf

Glory!

I'm still committed to this project but... I am currently at a loss for what platform to use on the website for it. I am familiar with WordPress and I'm comfortable with it, but I'm not sure it's the best way to go. I would like the BJV to be online and searchable the way www.biblegateway.com is and other such sites are. But, I have no idea what software they use. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

bro jeff

to make your bible more false proof

add a verse that stating that your bible is true

something similar to christian bible version of 

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

:lol:

• Like 1

whoa, this is moving along!

GLORY!  ha omg

• Like 1

Awesome sermons could be made of this!

Awesome sermons could be made of this!

Yes, amen! Glory! woohoo.gif jesus.gif lmao_99.gif

Therefore if any man be in Kryasst, he is a new creature: old things are magically passed away; behold, all things are magically become new. And all things are of The Holy Farter, who hath reconciled us to himself by the version of Himself known as Jesus Kryasst, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that The Holy Farter was in the Kryasst version of Himself, reconciling the flat world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Kryasst, as though The Holy Farter did beseech you by us: we pray you in Kryasst's stead, be ye reconciled to The Holy Farter version of the Lard. For he hath made him to be the shit we did that pissed him off for us, who knew none of that shit; that we might be made the righteousness of The Holy Farter version of him in him. (2 Corintians 5:17-21 BJV)

• 1 month later...

Making good progress on the BJV version of the Bible! I have it translated through Hebrews. Will finish the NT soon! Glory!

Great job Jeff!!! You blasphem the holy farter! Hallelujah!!!

I finished the New Testament today! GLORY!

Wow I must get around to reading this! It sounds awesome. :D