Goodbye Jesus

1 Year Mark

LukeExChristian

It was late at night, in the wee morning hours. That I realized that I was an atheist. That next morning, when I wome up, my heart was beating rapidly and cold sweat drenched me. I looked outside at the sunrise. I realized I no longer looked at Creation, but at pure nature. I knew that there was no such thing as divine intervention. The grass I saw on the ground had to fight for it's survival, the birds and trees had to fight to get to the stage they are now today. It was a liberating and terrifying feeling of no longer being under the weight of arbitrary rules. But I'm glad I made it. can't wait for what another year has in store for me

• Like 8

Happy Anniversary. smile.png

I had a similar experience in March of last year. Time has flown by!

• Like 1

It was late at night, in the wee morning hours. That I realized that I was an atheist. That next morning, when I wome up, my heart was beating rapidly and cold sweat drenched me. I looked outside at the sunrise. I realized I no longer looked at Creation, but at pure nature. I knew that there was no such thing as divine intervention. The grass I saw on the ground had to fight for it's survival, the birds and trees had to fight to get to the stage they are now today. It was a liberating and terrifying feeling of no longer being under the weight of arbitrary rules. But I'm glad I made it. can't wait for what another year has in store for me

Congratulations Luke. The exact same thing happened to me with the realization that there was no personal god running this world as we had been led to believe. I can totally relate to you saying that it was liberating and terrifying at the same time.

Keep posting my friend. I had to get all my fears and concerns out on the board before I even started to get comfortable. And so I thank you this morning for showing me that I am not alone in this realization because if I had my way, I would still prefer a big, loving god to be running this whole show...but it doesn't look that way, eh? So onward with 'reality'.......

Big hug

Congratulations on being out for a year now.

Congrats on 1 year! I had a similar revelation regarding Nature and how it got to where it was at its own devices without the intervention of any deity.

I'm actually coming up on my 1 year anniversary (around Easter!) of bidding xianity farewell and honestly it definitely was liberating(for me, moreso than terrifying). It's made a lot of hardships easier to deal with, actually, knowing that there is no xian tyrannical God but simply the Earth and the Universe and the 'circle of life' if you will.

Here's to hoping for a good year, still being free of those previous chains!