Goodbye Jesus

Is The Call Real?

Guest Ask21771

I tried watching a Christian video today it still feels like what they're saying is real, is it my subconscious

Why did you watch a Christian video?

What happens when you watch a nature show?

Not sure if this guy is simply trolling, at this point. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt, so I don't come off an asshole and insensitive.

Guest Ask21771

I tried watching a Christian video today it still feels like what they're saying is real, is it my subconscious

To see if I'm over the call clearly I'm not

Guest Ask21771

Not sure if this guy is simply trolling, at this point. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt, so I don't come off an asshole and insensitive.

Why do people think I'm trolling I'm just saying what's happening to me

To see if I'm over the call clearly I'm not

Thanks for the info.

I dont see why he would be trolling. If its a mental illness, it can get extremely bad at times. Sounds like an obsession or emotional investment of some sort... whilee i dont see him as traumatized, something may have affected his thought processes.

Do you feel happy, terrified or intrigued when you watch xtian videos? Or none of the aforementioned? What do you feel, is it a joyful feeling or a frightened one or?

• Super Moderator

Why deliberately expose yourself to a trigger? I don't get it. It's like an alcoholic trying another drink just to see if he's still an alcoholic.

Why do people think I'm trolling I'm just saying what's happening to me
Because I feel like you are just HEARING what others are telling you and not actually LISTENING. Perhaps I'm wrong, but some of the replies you give back gives me that vibe.

Guest Ask21771

Why deliberately expose yourself to a trigger? I don't get it. It's like an alcoholic trying another drink just to see if he's still an alcoholic.

To see if the Meds cured me of it

• Super Moderator

Meds won't cure anything, but they help to manage the situation. You are deliberately undermining efforts to alleviate the problem. 

If you are not just trolling and genuinely do have bipolar and an attending religious fixation then give meds time to work, realize they may need some adjusting, and don't expose yourself to triggers just to test your progress. Keep your doctor/therapist informed of your experiences and thoughts. Take the advice of professionals.

I hope that at least others can benefit from the advice in this thread and the links to information from others who suffer from bipolar disorder.

Guest Ask21771

Meds won't cure anything, but they help to manage the situation. You are deliberately undermining efforts to alleviate the problem. 

If you are not just trolling and genuinely do have bipolar and an attending religious fixation then give meds time to work, realize they may need some adjusting, and don't expose yourself to triggers just to test your progress. Keep your doctor/therapist informed of your experiences and thoughts. Take the advice of professionals.

I hope that at least others can benefit from the advice in this thread and the links to information from others who suffer from bipolar disorder.

Ok no more Christian videos for me

• Like 1

Guest Ask21771

I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE IF THE CHRISTIAN GOD ISNT REAL WHY DO THESE THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS KEEP TELLING ME IT IS WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY FOREVER, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME IF CHRIST ISNT REAL AND HOW CAN BIPOLAR DISORDER BE THIS STRONG!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

As someone who has bipolar type 1 disorder, THIS is truth. Meds manage your bipolar. It doesn't take care of it for you. You have to be vigilant and careful, and most of all, you have to take personal responsibility for your mental health. As you said, OP, you need to talk with your therapist and be open with them about this. That's your best avenue.

Guest Ask21771

As someone who has bipolar type 1 disorder, THIS is truth. Meds manage your bipolar. It doesn't take care of it for you. You have to be vigilant and careful, and most of all, you have to take personal responsibility for your mental health. As you said, OP, you need to talk with your therapist and be open with them about this. That's your best avenue.

Have you been through what I just described

Yes. The only thing you can do is talk to your therapist, who--if they're any good--can help you sort this out. If you have a psychiatrist, talk to them, too, and tell them how you're feeling on your meds.

Guest Ask21771

Yes. The only thing you can do is talk to your therapist, who--if they're any good--can help you sort this out. If you have a psychiatrist, talk to them, too, and tell them how you're feeling on your meds.

You did read what I just said right about the thoughts and feelings

Yeah. I'm not a mental health professional, though. It would be bad ethics (not to mention against the rules here) to offer any kind of medical advice apart from urging you to talk to your therapist.

Guest Ask21771

Yeah. I'm not a mental health professional, though. It would be bad ethics (not to mention against the rules here) to offer any kind of medical advice apart from urging you to talk to your therapist.

But you have been through what I'm describing

• Super Moderator

Discuss your problems with your therapist or don't. 

I'm closing this thread.