Goodbye Jesus

Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

1AcceptingAThiest1

just sharing a thought...What i find interesting is this...... When you think about it....Atheist are some of the most patient people in the world. They listen to rehased Christian questions over 1000 of years. They listen to stock answers for thousands of years. And they STILL not tired if it all. They continue to genuinely ask Christians questions that they already know the answer to and for what reason? Not for mockery because y'all Dont mock your too loving and caring.

Thousands of years you heard the same questions and answers. Yet you keep asking. Doing the same thing expecting different results?

Do y'all hope one day that God WILL exist and the bible to be proven true?

If he is real then that would mean the bible would not be mistaken in any way shape or form that means you would have to believe talking snakes was possible at one point which goes against current science. If God is real that you would be morally accountable to him because the saya he is the author of us and that would go against what you want to do.

So if yall dont want to be held accountable morally to a God yall dont want the bible to be true when it says you should love him then what exactly are y'all waiting for why do yall continue to ask Christians the same questions over and over again as if there will be something new. Do you have high hopes despite the lack of anything new for the past thousand years?

What is it that y'all expect to get from a christian when you heard everything?

What is it that y'all want from Christians when you believe they could never provide it because you seen so many failed attempts?

If God is proven real. What would you do then?

Ask him a bunch of questions and debate him? Like why are u sending me to hell and then Dont even change your ways after he gives you an answer. Because let's face it non atheist thinks they deserve hell. So no matter what his answer was you would disagree and still go to hell for not accepting the sacrifice and trusting in jesus and in that case what was the point if proving he was real when you still won't accept Jesus?

Or would say OK cool and go about your daily life doing what you always been doing?

just sharing a thought...What i find interesting is this...... When you think about it....Atheist are some of the most patient people in the world. They listen to rehased Christian questions over 1000 of years. They listen to stock answers for thousands of years. And they STILL not tired if it all. They continue to genuinely ask Christians questions that they already know the answer to and for what reason? Not for mockery because y'all Dont mock your too loving and caring.

Thousands of years you heard the same questions and answers. Yet you keep asking. Doing the same thing expecting different results?

If he is real then that would mean the bible would not be mistaken in any way shape or form that means you would have to believe talking snakes was possible at one point which goes against current science. If God is real that you would be morally accountable to him because the saya he is the author of us and that would go against what you want to do.

So if yall dont want to be held accountable morally to a God yall dont want the bible to be true when it says you should love him then what exactly are y'all waiting for why do yall continue to ask Christians the same questions over and over again as if there will be something new. Do you have high hopes despite the lack of anything new for the past thousand years?

What is it that y'all want from Christians when you believe they could never provide it because you seen so many failed attempts?

Ask him a bunch of questions and debate him? Like why are u sending me to hell and then Dont even change your ways after he gives you an answer. Because let's face it non atheist thinks they deserve hell. So no matter what his answer was you would disagree and still go to hell for not accepting the sacrifice and trusting in jesus and in that case what was the point if proving he was real when you still won't accept Jesus?

Or would say OK cool and go about your daily life doing what you always been doing?

1AATA1,

I can't speak for anyone else on this website, but I would tend to think that atheists, and other assorted non-believers, just want something to make sense.  Which seems to be a reasonable request.

I for one don't believe in 'talking-snakes.' And even as a Christian, I would like to have an approach to the opening Chapters of Genesis that at the least make some kind of epistemological sense.

• Like 4

We ask questions in the hope that Christians will examine Christian axioms more objectively and move closer to a more reasonable paradigm.

1AATA1,

I can't speak for anyone else on this website, but I would tend to think that atheists, and other assorted non-believers, just want something to make sense.  Which seems to be a reasonable request.

I for one don't believe in 'talking-snakes.' And even as a Christian, I would like to have an approach to the opening Chapters of Genesis that at the least make some kind of epistemological sense.

Thanks for that, Philo. You are not far from the kingdom. smile.png

So A1...wait a while, in the hope that the stack of unanswered questions in your 'In' tray will be forgotten, and then start up a new thread as if they did exist?

PageofCupsNono.gif

IT'S A CIRCULAR ARGUMENT, IRONHORSE.

I patiently wait for A1 to respond to me about God entrapping Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.

YOU CAN'T CASTRATE ME...

I patiently wait for A1 to respond to me as to why his 'proof' of the viability of Circular Reasoning isn't world news.

I can only answer for myself...

For the most part, I don't ask questions of Christians. I mostly just leave them alone. As long as they are willing to keep their beliefs to themselves, I don't generally raise the topic.

When I do ask questions, it is for two reasons: first, because I genuinely believe that Christianity is not only false but dangerous (and as such, I hope that my Christian friends will ultimately abandon their faith), and second, because I don't profess to have the answers to all questions. I learn new things all the time. I think that constantly re-evaluating my conclusions is healthy intellectually.

As to your question regarding God being proven real, I'm not sure that I can really answer it. It depends what you mean by "God". If you mean the God of Christianity, then I suppose I would go back to being an unhappy Christian. The alternative would be utterly stupid. But seeing how as Christianity is an absurd proposition, I don't think that this is terribly likely.

• Like 3

AT: I could not be happy that god is real if he really is going to put 2/3 on all people in a burning lake of fire forever. The only way I could approve of that is under extreme duress.

Think  about it for once, unless you are too scared to look anywhere but in the bible for the truth because god will get you if you do. Whether you want to recognize it or not, the bible is not easy for most people to understand. And even Jesus deliberately made some of his parables vague because there were certain people he did not want to give the message of salvation to. And further, people born in a non-christian culture likely will never even have heard the Xtian message. So, it isn't and never has been a level playing field. That being the case, to  fair minded people (and to fair minded people, there is little doubt), the bible is not clear or easy to understand.. But how can these billions of non-christians believe something they never heard about or don't understand? But they go to hell, regardless.

Since god knows everything, past, present and future, he knew this would happen, that is, that billions of people who never existed before, will be created and live on earth for a brief period and then die and be sentenced to eternal life of torture in the lake of fire because Adam and Eve, many thousands of years ago,violated god's rule that they should not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. From that moment they are destined to be tortured forever, How could any fair minded person endorse that kind of divine plan for the majority of people who ever lived or will live on this earth? They were created by god for the purpose of being tortured in hell for eternity. Why? It was not to provide a lesson for others since the only others will be in heaven. Was the purpose for punishment? But the punishment has no purpose other than god's vengeance. It helps nobody.    Rip

Sorry, but I will not worship a god like that except under torture..

How could those in the minority in Heaven stand watching their relatives, friends and billions of others being tortured for being born in the realm of a god like that?  Rip

• Like 5

I've only been debating Christians since about 2010 maybe. Not thousands of years.

No, I mainly come here for entertainment.

If he is real....well, he isn't real. You're slipping into wishful thinking.

My sick form of entertainment. Debating Christians.

Maybe a blowjob? (Was that wrong to say? lol)

Well, I havent heard 'everything.' Rarely do I ever hear , "Jesus may not be real" from a Christian.

How about a face to face meet up with Jesus. Please facilitate that.

Proven? Like I get to meet him? Or does 'proven' mean we 'trace' scripture and bing, bang, boom! He's real (if we believe he's real)!

I dont really believe in Hell. But let's pretend Jesus is real and says, "I send people to hell for not loving me....", I'm supposed to be good with that? lol. What sacrifice? A day and half of death and then resurrection up to heaven? Not much sacrifice there.

Depends on how reasonable he was...but he doesnt exist so....

• Like 1

A1, you're an idiot.

Damn, I coulda just said that instead...lol

• Like 1

It's actually over 2000 years, but let's not split hairs.

Personally… I've been an Ex-christian for about 3 years.. even that is debatable since I moved from mainstream christianity quite a while ago and have explored other systems. I've been an atheist for about 2 years.

The concepts in the Bible are untenable for any intelligent being - it just doesn't make sense, and a lot of it is horrific. 

Of the christian god is proven real then we are already in hell, because that's a horrible deity… and there's no chance of anything other than slavery to a despot… and torture. 

If a (creator) god exists he could not be nearly that petty and destructive. I'm very aware of the scale of the known universe - anything that could create that would be so far beyond understanding that there would be no common ground. That goes both ways… Like our common ground with a microbe… interesting maybe, but understanding of it's experience? no. Funny thing I have learned as I have grown older… the more you know, the less you get emotionally involved - it's easier to sit back and observe, and let thing be. Detachment is an side effect of experience and knowledge. Not apathy… just that a larger view fosters a less emotional response.. now extrapolate that on to something with an infinite view…. it's ultimately very cold.

I'm huge on personal responsibility, morality, if you will. Not sure where christians get this idea that atheists don't have morals or accountability. I'm accountable to my fellow humans, the earth and the creatures on it. That's a pretty big responsibility… and I do not do things which could harm others… as much as possible. I have no one to forgive me… not unconditionally. I have to face my mistakes, and make amends. I don't get a free pass to fuck-up. I have found it takes MORE accountability to be an atheist than it ever did as a christian.

What do I want from christians? Actually I want them to keep their beliefs to themselves, and out of my bedroom, schools, science, my clothing choices, my self-expression, my gender, sexuality and government. (any religion actually) I want them to examine themselves before they judge me - 'cause I don't see a lot of that. Thinking (and studying) for themselves rather than just taking their priest, or pastor or latest christian authors' word for things… that would be interesting.

Critical thinking would be nice… but I rarely see that either. I'd like to see them be less hateful and elitist. I'd like them to be less hypocritical.

I don't expect answers from christians - because mostly they are woefully uneducated in most areas, even their own damn religion and texts.

• Like 6

Not that 1AA will even try to consider my reply... I'm posting this for the benefit of any lurkers or fence-sitters.

I'm mostly beyond asking any christians any question (except to push the buttons of morontheists and see them go all hysterical in their totally predictable ways :fdevil:), but when I still did that I hoped that they might question at least some of the bullshity tenets of their sick cults. See disillusioned's post up there.

I'm not opposed to christianity as a whole (and that said I'm not an atheist either ;) ). What I oppose and despise is da wholly babble inasmuch as people try to take it as literal truth (they never succeed as the book is such a load of contradictions and bullshit that you simply can't accept it all at the same time), and the people who are into this literalism crap. I've yet to see any literalist who didn't inevitably act like a total fucking asshole, claiming at the same time to be literally "holier-than-thou". Babblical literalism is nothing more than an excuse for being an inhuman asshole. I don't mind moderate/liberal christians though, like the vast majority of my fellow Germans over here. Their "faith" usually can be summed up as "The bible says jesus was a good guy, let's all try to be at least a little bit like him". I might find their ideas silly, but then they'll probably think the same about the tenets of my faith so as long as they respect me I respect them. If their religion makes them feel good without hurting others, I say "go for it".

• Super Moderator

Personally, I'm just trying to make this world a better place.

• Like 1

What do I want from christians? Actually I want them to keep their beliefs to themselves, and out of my bedroom, schools, science, my clothing choices, my self-expression, my gender, sexuality and government. (any religion actually)

No yoga pants for you, Ravenstar! 

• Like 1

But, but.. I love yoga pants!

God is real.  When you get to the afterlife you find out God is Ra.  And God is real pissed that you followed false idols your whole life.  Your heart gets weighed and found to be wanting.  Just before it is devoured by a demon what do you say to Ra?

Humans invented thousands of Gods.  And those are only the ones that became popular enough for us to find literature or religious objects.  If you are going to include all the unpopular gods there might be 100 times as many.  But really if you think about it there isn't just one Jesus.  Every Christian creates their own Jesus.  That is how we wind up with 40,000 different flavors of Christianity and every single member of every sect thinks the real Jesus agrees with them.  Don't you think it is a bit arrogant to ask what if the Jesus you created with your mind is the real God?

After you die you discover God is real but his name is Zeus and he is pissed about how you never honored him even once.  What are you going to do then?

After you die you discover God is real but his name is Odin and he is pissed about how you never . . . 

. . . God is real but his name is Baal and he is pissed . . . 

. . . God is real but his name is Ganesha . . . 

. . . the Goddess is real but her name is Inanna and she is pissed . . . 

You get to the afterlife and God is the God of the Old Testament and he is pissed because you followed the false religion of the New Testament and you let yourself be led astray by the false prophet Jesus.

• Like 1

I suspect the original poster said what he wanted to say & then moved on. Christians normally aren't interested in why others aren't believers & due to their information bias they are unable to process information that challenges their beliefs. I think the real purpose of the original post was to collect a few Jesus brownie points by witnessing to some of us lost souls. He did his duty, Jesus is pleased with him, and he can tell his friends about his good deed. All is well in his universe now.

• Like 1

What Xtians really don't want t do is think. It is the deadly sin----the one that can't be forgiven. Can any of you think of a better way to control a great, big group of   gullible, scared, people than to tell them they better not think? I mean thinking is hard work. So most of them are easy to convince. You have got to admit, it was and is an ingenious plan, if you have no conscience.  Rip

I ask questions about god because--if there is one (or more)--I want to know. If there is a heaven and hell, I want to know. If there is a way to avoid hell, I want to know. Most of all, I want to know if the god who can keep me from hell is worth following. In reality, I don't want to go to hell if it exists, but I will if the god who can save me from it isn't worth following.

So A1...wait a while, in the hope that the stack of unanswered questions in your 'In' tray will be forgotten, and then start up a new thread as if they did exist?

PageofCupsNono.gif

IT'S A CIRCULAR ARGUMENT, IRONHORSE.

I patiently wait for A1 to respond to me about God entrapping Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.

YOU CAN'T CASTRATE ME...

I patiently wait for A1 to respond to me as to why his 'proof' of the viability of Circular Reasoning isn't world news.

Bumped for A1's attention!

I haven't been alive for 1000 years, but even if I had what I'm trying to do by asking questions is get to know the individual. Not everyone has the same christianity as you do, so not all the answers are the same. There are a few basic similarities, of course. but everyone will be different. 

And it's exactly BECAUSE god can't be proven that we don't believe, not because we don't WANT TO. I would prefer a loving god, but I would also prefer unicorns and there's no convincing evidence of either, so this belief or disbelief is NOT my CHOICE. I didn't CHOOSE to not believe in unicorns the same way I DIDN'T CHOOSE to not believe in god. I also couldn't fool myself into thinking the sky was green.

So it's not that atheists don't WANT to believe they simply CAN'T. For whatever reason, theists find the arguments on the other side more convincing, and that's fine, they may not have a choice, just like how atheists simply don't have one either. And if you want to argue that we DO have a choice, I'd just simply say we agree to disagree and enjoy your day under the crisp green sky.