Goodbye Jesus

Christianity And Personal Responsibility

Penguin

The comment about the ex-wife's cousin shows that a person can shift from being a fundie into something else, while retaining the same bigoted views on social issues as fundies have and encourage.  It's not enough to just stop being a fundie, people need to become rational humanists.

Feminist drivel...

The comment about the ex-wife's cousin shows that a person can shift from being a fundie into something else, while retaining the same bigoted views on social issues as fundies have and encourage.  It's not enough to just stop being a fundie, people need to become rational humanists.

Feminist drivel...

Nope.  She makes a good point.  Who are you to decide if a baby boy is too effeminate?  Your prejudice is on display.

On a personal note, I do believe that is 12k for me.   woohoo.gif   woot woot!

• Like 2

Feminist drivel...

I have to say this, this is name calling. She raised a valid point.

• Like 2

Perhaps you'd like to explain how it's "feminist drivel?"

• Like 1

Feminist drivel...

What did I quote yesterday, StillLooking?

"Idiots!  Stupid shit!  That's a fucked up life [of yours] BAA.  Your conclusion is moronic. Antagonistic bitch!  Your whining ass position. Fuck you, BDP." 

Fyi SL, it was FreeThinkerNewZealand who End called the... antagonistic bitch, some weeks ago.

Luke 6 : 43 - 45.

A Tree and Its Fruit

43 “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 

44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 

45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.

For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Question End3 all you like about various points of doctrine SL and you'll only see what he wants you to see and read.

The real End3 can be seen whenever the evil leaks out of his mouth - via his keyboard.

• Like 2

Taming the Tongue

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 

10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 

11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 

12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

• Like 1

Feminist drivel...

What did I quote yesterday, StillLooking?

"Idiots!  Stupid shit!  That's a fucked up life [of yours] BAA.  Your conclusion is moronic. Antagonistic bitch!  Your whining ass position. Fuck you, BDP." 

Fyi SL, it was FreeThinkerNewZealand who End called the... antagonistic bitch, some weeks ago.

Luke 6 : 43 - 45.

A Tree and Its Fruit

43 “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 

44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 

45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.

For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Question End3 all you like about various points of doctrine SL and you'll only see what he wants you to see and read.

The real End3 can be seen whenever the evil leaks out of his mouth - via his keyboard.

End3, BAA here raised a valid point too. Would you care to clear it up?

I find BAA and FreeThinkerNZ very rational and logical. You might want to revisit their posts to you that made you angry and rethink your conclusion about them. They are at the flip side of the belief coin but their arguments are sound.

Although I consider the New Testament to be an evil document which extols all manners of immorality, it is not without its exceedingly small share of moral insight.  The one time Jesus spoke truth may have been when he said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."  And the passage from James quoted by BAA is ingenious.

Evangelical Christians - who believe that non-Christians go to eternal hell - should remember that by their own scripture, they will be judged for every careless word they utter.  Angry outbursts are not forgotten by Jesus, and neither should we forget the emotional statements made by evangelicals in the Lion's Den.

• Like 1

Although I consider the New Testament to be an evil document which extols all manners of immorality, it is not without its exceedingly small share of moral insight.  The one time Jesus spoke truth may have been when he said "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."  And the passage from James quoted by BAA is ingenious.

Evangelical Christians - who believe that non-Christians go to eternal hell - should remember that by their own scripture, they will be judged for every careless word they utter.  Angry outbursts are not forgotten by Jesus, and neither should we forget the emotional statements made by evangelicals in the Lion's Den.

Relax, Bhim.  Christians aren't perfect...they are just forgiven. No matter what they say or do, so long as they repent after they will be fine. No harm, no foul.

The scripture of the bumper sticker wouldn't lie, and everyone knows that the one-liner supersedes the long boring reading of the Bible and what it really says, that could also mean at least five or six other things in the Original Greek™.

OK, sarcasm aside, there is one truth in the Bible that I find incredibly ironic. Jesus said, "If you continue in my word, you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Indeed. It was when I gave up everything including the opinions of others, the commentaries, the books about the Bible, the sermons, and on and on and only continued in the Word of God that I saw that it couldn't possibly be true, and I was set free from believing it.

The Christians that come here, and I would suspect most Christians overall, are no different than I was when I was a Christian.

To me, as I get older, it's like watching a child that hides his head behind a tree and thinks you can't see him, because he can't see you. In a child, such things are cute and cause a chuckle. In an adult, it's a sad way to go through life, and I wonder why some people that can grow up refuse to do so.

• Like 1

I find BAA and FreeThinkerNZ very rational and logical. You might want to revisit their posts to you that made you angry and rethink your conclusion about them. They are at the flip side of the belief coin but their arguments are sound.

No thanks. I have them both on ignore. Glanced at NZ's post to see if there is any change. Sadly no.

Relax, Bhim.  Christians aren't perfect...they are just forgiven. No matter what they say or do, so long as they repent after they will be fine. No harm, no foul.

The scripture of the bumper sticker wouldn't lie, and everyone knows that the one-liner supersedes the long boring reading of the Bible and what it really says, that could also mean at least five or six other things in the Original Greek™.

OK, sarcasm aside, there is one truth in the Bible that I find incredibly ironic. Jesus said, "If you continue in my word, you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Indeed. It was when I gave up everything including the opinions of others, the commentaries, the books about the Bible, the sermons, and on and on and only continued in the Word of God that I saw that it couldn't possibly be true, and I was set free from believing it.

The Christians that come here, and I would suspect most Christians overall, are no different than I was when I was a Christian.

To me, as I get older, it's like watching a child that hides his head behind a tree and thinks you can't see him, because he can't see you. In a child, such things are cute and cause a chuckle. In an adult, it's a sad way to go through life, and I wonder why some people that can grow up refuse to do so.

I somewhat agree from a different perspective of course. At some point in your life, you just look and say, wow, what a waste of time and effort. I can see how this site provides means for healing but wonder why some people make a profession of the striking back part of healing. You would think at some point people find peace and understand that allowing the hurtful part to linger is a waste of very valuable time.

Perhaps you'd like to explain how it's "feminist drivel?"

Perhaps you might respond to the questions I answered for you.

Perhaps you'd like to respond to lots of things you've posted and the questions they raise. BAA could help you with this.

I'm no Feminist, E3, but at least their drivel is open to talk, while your God isn't open to anything, including the reality He supposedly created.

Find out what Jesus would do, E3, and do that. Sell all that you have and give to the poor. Come visit me in prison. Feed me. Clothe me. I am the least of these; your brethren. Do so unto me, the least of your brethren, I pray thee. Follow the Master, I pray thee.

• Like 1

Perhaps you'd like to respond to lots of things you've posted and the questions they raise. BAA could help you with this.

I'm no Feminist, E3, but at least their drivel is open to talk, while your God isn't open to anything, including the reality He supposedly created.

No, they are not interested in "open". Their pendulum is stuck to one side at the moment....which seems to destroy necessary balance.....much like fundamentalism.

No, they are not interested in "open". Their pendulum is stuck to one side at the moment....which seems to destroy necessary balance.....much like fundamentalism.

Give it up, E3. You are only promised this one life, and you have no idea where it will end, or when. Why do you fight so much against what other people's crotches desire, if you represent God Almighty?  Wouldn't a God Almighty have more important things to do, or is He bored because He has nothing better to do?

• Like 1

Come on End.  You are not open to conversations that expose your religion to the light of day.  That is why you have to put so many people on ignore.

• Like 2

I gave up on meaningful dialog with End3 shortly after encountering him here.  I gather from various statements by him that End3 never attended college.  Now this, in and of itself, is by no means shameful; many posters here were unable to achieve any sort of higher education but seem quite adept at articulating themselves anyway.  Some have even sought to educate themselves on the finer points of cosmology and biological evolution.  What distinguishes End3 is that he is overtly proud of eschewing any kind of formal education or alternative means of enlightenment, yet makes strange and and vague claims of running his own lab (what sort of lab this is, I am unable to discern from his posts).  Whereas many here have a hunger for knowledge and seek it out to whatever extent they are able, End3 seems to equate intelligence and enlightenment with immorality.  I'll save him the trouble of accusing me of intellectual elitism, and will admit to it with equal pride.

Suffice it to say, this poster typifies the low caliber of Lion's Den Christians upon which I often lament, and unfortunately he is fit for little else than to be our resident punching bag.  Apologies for my utter lack of respect for willful dumbassery.

• Like 2

...yet makes strange and and vague claims of running his own lab (what sort of lab this is, I am unable to discern from his posts). 

Meth.

• Like 4

No thanks. I have them both on ignore. Glanced at NZ's post to see if there is any change. Sadly no.

I think you need to do some introspection.

• Like 1

I think you need to do some introspection.

So do you see how End's "Christian" notion of personal responsibility works, SL?

He can write whatever insulting words he likes and FTNZ and I mustn't hold him responsible.

Yet, we should believe the Bible, even when he stubbornly refuses to abide by what it says about his behavior. 

And I might add that End's inner poison isn't just expressed as foul language and vitriol.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/66864-isis-is-war-against-isis-justified/#.VOmmgvmsUuk 

How will Jesus hold him responsible for wanting to kill?

• Like 2

Come on End.  You are not open to conversations that expose your religion to the light of day.  That is why you have to put so many people on ignore.

No, that's not right. You are not on ignore. SL is not. She and I were having a polite conversation. Those that are on ignore are rude and really don't want to have a civil discussion. BAA's tedium stifles any forward movement. NZ's uses her feminism as a mandate for abuse.

What brings me back after a small reprieve is OPs like Penguin's here......Christianity leaves no room for self-responsibility......wonderfully short of insight.

I probably will leave again given the lack of forward movement.

No, that's not right. You are not on ignore. SL is not. She and I were having a polite conversation. Those that are on ignore are rude and really don't want to have a civil discussion. BAA's tedium stifles any forward movement. NZ's uses her feminism as a mandate for abuse.

What brings me back after a small reprieve is OPs like Penguin's here......Christianity leaves no room for self-responsibility......wonderfully short of insight.

You may not have a few of us on ignore but you still won't have a conversation that exposes the truth about Christianity.  Instead you leave that part unaddressed.  Then you disappear for a time.

That Christianity leaves no room for personal responsibility is insightful.  I can explain how in five different way.  You won't be able to refute any of them but that won't stop you from rejecting the truth.

• Like 1

There can be no forward movement while you promote that which you won't abide by, End.

Nor while you say scripture is something that guides your life, but which you mustn't be held you accountable to.  Nor while you practice exactly what your God tells you not to.

Your behavior shows us exactly how your beliefs have made you into a 'better' person.

How your belief in Jesus has changed you from being a warmonger into a peacemaker.  How Jesus has transformed your life, changing you from an angry, intolerant, foul-mouthed bigot into a 'better' person. 

The responsibility for your behavior is solely yours, but you refuse to step up to the plate and accept it.

• Like 1

And you aren't willing to change your point of view on this, are you E3.

Feminist drivel...

I'm proud to be a feminist, and also to be a humanist, the latter of which led me to make the above post.  I was calling end out on his bigotry towards homosexuals, which is a humanist issue, and not directly a feminist issue.  Plenty of non-feminists could have made the exact same post.

End thinks he can insult me by mentioning my feminism, which is another form of bigotry in itself.  Ex-c is full of humanists, and almost all of them are feminists too, although they don't say so as enthusiastically as me because of various issues they have with their concepts of the feminist movement.  IMO they are still feminists, they support gender equality.  And they certainly oppose the kind of bigotry that led end to throw his ex-wife's family members under the bus.

I note that end enthusiastically made a negative comment on a thread I just started about positive parenting "Little miss attitude video".  So I guess "ignore" isn't really working out for him.

End doesn't like feminists because they threaten the traditional "balance" of male superiority that he finds convenient.  Men who are reasonable and rational (and often they are also atheists and humanists) do not fear the gender equality that (almost all) feminists want.

I don't think end is in any position to call someone "rude", given his track record of verbally abusing people here.  I just prefer to call people out when they're being openly homophobic... instead of rationally discussing his views on sexual orientation, he chose to attack me on an unrelated issue and call me rude.  I think it's pretty obvious what's really going on here.

He clearly thinks that children catch homosexuality from their parents.  I would laugh at how ridiculous that is, except that I know many bigots use such beliefs to justify their appalling behaviour towards LGBT people, and their children.

He might leave again, but I won't hold my breath.  He'll be back.  And we will still be here, to remind him of his track record and try to hold him accountable.

• Like 2