Goodbye Jesus

I Was Out Window Shopping Today

Castiel233

So walking round the shops and market and I saw a Muslim stall, leaflets on Islam and a big banner proclaiming that terrorism is not compatible with Islam, staffed by a small number of Muslim men, all standing quietly behind the stall......

Not more than 10 feet away was a Christian group, loudly proclaiming the Lord and handing out (or trying to) leaflets. They had to  hand a speaker. The difference between the two groups was stark, the Muslims quiet and reserved, the Christians, with the Bible T-shirts and leaflets far more vocal.........

Anyway one of the Christians was telling a tale, about waking up in hell and talking with Satan.......I didn't catch much of it, but what did catch my attention was his remarks (loudly delivered to largely indifferent shoppers)  that Satan tells lies.......

Who created Satan.....God.....who created Hell (where this man "met" Satan)....God.......yet this guy didn't mentioned these facts of the Christian faith.........

I wonder why not...........

Footnote:

That the Muslims had a stall and the Christians were free standing suggests to me that the later purposely muscled in on the formers turf 

Guest Furball

I really don't know what to say. I up voted your post. I am so glad to be out of religion and having to "go to war" with other peoples religious beliefs. You're right, these christians have no clue what their bible says and who is the real "culprit" behind hell and all the lies. I am glad they didn't try rope you in with their illogical logic and try to reconvert you. As for the muslims being silent and what not, strange how a lot of people who believe in other religions show more of christian behavior than the christians themselves. Thanks for sharing this. -peace

The did try to stop me twice and give me a leaflet of some sort, I just shook my head and said no thanks. As I say the difference between the two groups was very noticeable. The Muslims quiet , effectively inviting shoppers to  approach the stall if they wanted to (one woman did)...the Christians effectively inviting themselves to approach the shoppers. That they stopped me twice gives you an indication on how keen they were....they even had a Christian rapper 

The did try to stop me twice and give me a leaflet of some sort, I just shook my hand and said no thanks. As I say the difference between the two groups was very noticeable. The Muslims quiet , effectively inviting shoppers to  approach the stall if they wanted to (one woman did)...the Christians effectively inviting themselves to approach the shoppers. That they stopped me twice gives you an indication on how keen they were....they even had a Christian rapper 

which market is that, if it's near me I want to check the muslim stall just to pissed of christian :P

The did try to stop me twice and give me a leaflet of some sort, I just shook my hand and said no thanks. As I say the difference between the two groups was very noticeable. The Muslims quiet , effectively inviting shoppers to  approach the stall if they wanted to (one woman did)...the Christians effectively inviting themselves to approach the shoppers. That they stopped me twice gives you an indication on how keen they were....they even had a Christian rapper 

which market is that, if it's near me I want to check the muslim stall just to pissed of christian tongue.png

Birmingham 

As a colleague of mine once did, why not tell the Christian to go and discuss with the Muslim which one of them is talking rubbish.  Once they've decided that, you will listen to the other one.

This is the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed to have ever been xian.  I never participated in such things, but having been in the group at all (simply as a church-goer) puts me in the same light.

• Like 1

Guest Furball

i used to get embarrassed passing out tracts, if i hated jehovas witnesses passing out their literature to me, it occurred to me that i was doing the same thing and pissing off other people. i hated tract distribution, but like they teach us, be a fool for jesus chrust

-whatever

• Super Moderator

The Scientologist stalls at shopping centers and flea markets are a lot more fun to deal with. 

Believe it or not, I'd rather be around Muslims than Christians. Muslims are more humble, less in-your-face, and don't cry about being oppressed every 2 seconds. I'm talking about the moderates, of course.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, I'd rather be around Muslims than Christians. Muslims are more humble, less in-your-face, and don't cry about being oppressed every 2 seconds. I'm talking about the moderates, of course.

Yeah, when I went to Malaysia, a lot of people were muslim and I did not find anyone trying to shove their religion down anyone's throats on the street. In fact, I found that a lot of them were quite humble and much friendlier than a lot of Christians I've met.

Whereas I've been confronted by Christians on the street trying to shove their beliefs down other people's throats. Then there was someone on a megaphone being all like "JESUS LOVES YOU" and YOU'RE ALL GOING TO HELL." At the time I was Christian, but even then I was kind of pissed off about how pushy they were.

Then there was someone on a megaphone being all like "JESUS LOVES YOU" and YOU'RE ALL GOING TO HELL." At the time I was Christian, but even then I was kind of pissed off about how pushy they were.

Nothing quite like the carrot and stick approach. "Really, God loves you so much... But you're going to burn in eternal hell fire if you reject him!" Such love.

• Like 1

If god would show 'himself' to the world, we wouldn't have to have people standing on corners or going door to door to convince you of their god......

We would just all know that 'he' exists......Wouldn't you think the 'man in power' could do this? Wendyshrug.gif

If god would show 'himself' to the world, we wouldn't have to have people standing on corners or going door to door to convince you of their god......

We would just all know that 'he' exists......Wouldn't you think the 'man in power' could do this? Wendyshrug.gif

He could Margee....but he won't.

That would interfere with our free will.  

He wants us to freely choose him, by faith alone - not grudgingly concede he's real because were left with no choice.  

(At least that's the argument I was given in my church, when this topic came up.)

• Like 1

He could Margee....but he won't.

That would interfere with our free will.  

He wants us to freely choose him, by faith alone - not grudgingly concede he's real because were left with no choice.  

(At least that's the argument I was given in my church, when this topic came up.)

But jesus WAS here (according to the bible) and people still had the free will to not believe, even in what they saw themselves, like the miracles.

So that "giving us free will" bullshit is just that.

they even had a Christian rapper 

tumblr_liddxpw3RI1qbddmv.gif

There is a Christian rapper that comes to my university multiple times every semester. They use mega phones, microphones and loud speakers. That gif describes exactly how I feel. There is a Pagan group that sets up a stall in the same place sometimes and they sit there quietly at a table with a sign that says, "Ask a Pagan."