Goodbye Jesus

Water Into ...grape Juice?

ax345

I have recently seen some FB postings by "Bible" Christians who think Jesus did not turn the water at Cana into "alcoholic" wine, because in their eyes, alcoholic consumption is an automatic sin.  Even though the scripture reads that the wine he created was the "good stuff" that should have been served first, not the inferior wine that usually gets served after everyone's warmed up.

The irony is almost too much for me to bear.

How do you insert movie player for youtube clips.

I have recently seen some FB postings by "Bible" Christians who think Jesus did not turn the water at Cana into "alcoholic" wine, because in their eyes, alcoholic consumption is an automatic sin.  Even though the scripture reads that the wine he created was the "good stuff" that should have been served first, not the inferior wine that usually gets served after everyone's warmed up.

Just tell those clowns that they're heretics and in a properly ordered state would be tried by the Inquisition.  In the holy sacrament of the Mass, it's not grape juice that is turned into the blood of Christ.

I've heard about a lot of other 'in their mind' sins like playing cards, pool, smoking and gambling, but the stock market version of gambling seems to fall through a biblical crack somehow. When you ask where these sins are in the bible, you get a deer in the headlights look or worse some convoluted twisted version of some obscure verse. Maybe we should ask if the verse they are looking for is in the back, by the yellow pages.

My childhood church taught the same thing. For them, when Jesus or the disciples are depicted as drinking wine, it was grape juice, not wine with alcohol. If they were able to stop the fermentation process 2,000 years ago, that would have been quite the miracle!

What's the difference of catching a deer in the headlights and catching a christian in the headlights.

You always feel guilty for the deer.

What's the difference of catching a deer in the headlights and catching a christian in the headlights.

A christian is dumb enough to run toward the light(s).

That's better than my explanation can I use that too when I tell that joke to people.

Guest Furball

so that 's where they got the saying the light at the end of the tunnel

Growing up Methodist, they didn't allow drinking, so always used grape juice for communion.  I never understood that since the Jesus/wine thing was taught even in Sunday school, both with his first miracle of turning the water into wine, and the first communion.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Guest Furball

so the church which claims to have the truth, took the symbolic meaning of wine, misinterpreted it as a literal saying and hands out real wine at churches??

they always just gave us water in one of those tiny throw away cups

i wasn't aware some churches used real wine

so the church which claims to have the truth, took the symbolic meaning of wine, misinterpreted it as a literal saying and hands out real wine at churches??

My ex gf was a Catholic. She told me that her church used real wine for communion. So was surprised the time that she came to my baptist church, on the day of communion, and saw grape juice instead.

My ex gf was a Catholic. She told me that her church used real wine for communion. So was surprised the time that she came to my baptist church, on the day of communion, and saw grape juice instead.

Really? I think the baptist church I grew up going to used real wine, was a rather east Texas flavored one though (the church that is, never had the wine). if that matters.

1)  Grapes can be used to make grape juice, without any alcohol, through well known processes.

2)  Grapes can be used to make wine, which contains alcohol, with additional ingredients and different processes.

Those are the only ways they can be made.  Reality trumps mythology and superstition.