Goodbye Jesus

God's Body Count

Penguin

Here is an interesting tidbit: http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html

Minimum, God is responsible for 2,821,364 deaths. It could be as many as 24,994,828, and that's just in the Bible. At the minimum count, that's equal to the deaths of Soviet POWs at the hands of the Nazis between June 1941 and January 1942. It seems the Nazis were more efficient, but the Almighty Asshole was more creative.

"God is love."

And yet Lucifer has only done 10 killings, his count being around 60, some of them from the consent of God. 

I believe the Christians call it sovereignty.  The exercise of god's will according to his privilege.  His good will, of course.  So obviously the deaths were entirely justified - presumably because they were servants of the devil and hence it was the devil's responsibility.

It's amazing how you can argue black is white and convince yourself of anything...

I believe the Christians call it sovereignty.  The exercise of god's will according to his privilege.  His good will, of course.  So obviously the deaths were entirely justified - presumably because they were servants of the devil and hence it was the devil's responsibility.

It's amazing how you can argue black is white and convince yourself of anything...

When a Christian goes that way it is time to remind them or moral relativism.  Where is that moral absolute that prevents us from glorifying the genocide of the Old Testament patriarchs?

Reminding them of relativism is unlikely to dent their absolutist armour; those who try are likely to find their heads hitting a particularly unforgiving wall.

I haven't killed anybody (yet) -- I'm winning!

Guest Furball

God's murder count has to be in the billions by now. Like i read somewhere once, 'who gives a shit about satan when you have jehovah committing all these murders.'

Guest Furball

Here is an interesting tidbit: http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html

Minimum, God is responsible for 2,821,364 deaths. It could be as many as 24,994,828, and that's just in the Bible. At the minimum count, that's equal to the deaths of Soviet POWs at the hands of the Nazis between June 1941 and January 1942. It seems the Nazis were more efficient, but the Almighty Asshole was more creative.

we-tolerate-no-one-in-our-ranks-who-atta

^

Another anti-Semitic Christian Crusade. And that quote is confirmed. He said it during a speech in Passau.

The next time I hear a Christian bitching about being persecuted in America because someone wants to remove the Ten Commandments from a courthouse, I'm going to officially lose my shit. They'll sell tickets for admission, popcorn, and beer to that ass-kicking.