Goodbye Jesus

Better Call Saul

Guest Furball

I've yet to watch episode three, but I enjoyed the first two.

I've been enjoying it a lot. Always awesome to see characters like Tuco and Mike again. 

• Super Moderator

I like it a lot.  

I've watched the first four episodes twice. To anyone watching the show, I'd say this is the best way to watch it. You are guaranteed to pick up!on details that you didn't notice the first time through.

The character (Saul) is pretty complex if you pay close attention to the details.

This show really opened up for me the second time through. It's incredible.

I've watched the first four episodes twice. To anyone watching the show, I'd say this is the best way to watch it. You are guaranteed to pick up!on details that you didn't notice the first time through.

The character (Saul) is pretty complex if you pay close attention to the details.

I agree. Plus the opening of him working in a Cinnabon presumably in Ohio is amazing. He comes home, closes he blinds, pours a drink, and sits all alone in a shitty recliner watching old Better Call Saul commercials. 

I agree. Plus the opening of him working in a Cinnabon presumably in Ohio is amazing. He comes home, closes he blinds, pours a drink, and sits all alone in a shitty recliner watching old Better Call Saul commercials.
I think that scene was probably supposed to be a POST-Breaking Bad timeline. He's probably under witness protection program or something.

Wow! I can't believe he used Matlock reruns to do that!

Bwahahahahaaaa! What a scumbag!

This week's episode was pretty humorous. Next week should be a good one since it looks like Mike's story is going to develop a little more.

I think that scene was probably supposed to be a POST-Breaking Bad timeline. He's probably under witness protection program or something.

Well, ya, the scene is post Breaking Bad. If you remember both Saul and Walter went to the "vacuum guy" to get new identities. Saul joked "best case scenario he's managing a Cinnabon in Omaha" which is apparently what ended up happening. 

I bet you're wrong on this one. In BB, the opening season ep ended up resolving at the end of the season (think toy doll floating in the pool). And, the literary rule is if you read about a gun hanging on the mantle, at some point that gun is coming down and shooting someone.

Well, ya, the scene is post Breaking Bad. If you remember both Saul and Walter went to the "vacuum guy" to get new identities. Saul joked "best case scenario he's managing a Cinnabon in Omaha" which is apparently what ended up happening. 

Responded to Fwee before I saw this.  Maybe you're right.  I don't remember this. 

Guest Furball

great catch, i agree, it has post BB all over it

I really have enjoyed it thus far. My biggest love about it is that it manages to be suspenseful, even though I know the outcomes of some of the characters.

I'm really curious about what happens to Kim and Chuck before Breaking Bad. My guess is that Chuck loses his mind and is committed/dies in an accident and that Kim and Jimmy have some sort of disagreement, she no longer has ties to staying in Albuquerque, and moves to another city to join another law firm. (After all, I can imagine Chuck getting into some pretty dangerous situations, especially with Jimmy's associations with criminals. Jimmy also makes the remark that Kim is good enough to be working in a better law firm.)

My boyfriend suggested that Kim and Chuck are still in Jimmy's life even during Breaking Bad, but we just don't see them. I just don't think Chuck or Kim would tolerate Jimmy as Saul though.

Yep.  People should go back and rewatch the Granite State ep of BB for a refresher.  Saul and Walt wind up as short-term roommates before they're relocated then Walt is sent to live in the cabin in the woods (we never find out what happens to Saul in that series).  And now here we find out that Saul really did wind up making Cinnabon's.  It's funny.

mwc

Sad episode last night... *sniffle*

At least we got some back-story on Mike. Finally!

I never would've pegged him as that though.

Interesting story.

I think Mike should get his own show.

He's such a badass.

• 2 weeks later...

Only one episode left of a show that is quickly shaping up to be one of the best on TV right now. The latest episode "Pimento" was downright amazing. No spoilers but I love the title (and Mike's sandwich scene). Pimento - the caviar of the south i.e. something cheap masquerading as something respectable...I don't think that's a reference to "Slippin' Jimmy" either.

If you haven't been keeping up with this show, I highly recommend checking it out. 

Mike is awesome...

I just finished watching this week's episode and, yeah, the sandwich scene was golden.

Mike is just plain awesome.

I felt kinda bad for Jimmy after this one. He's getting to his breaking point, for sure.

So ends season 1. I'd say the show is off to a really good start. I haven't kept track of the ratings so I don't know yet if there's even going to be a season 2.

I sure hope so.

So ends season 1. I'd say the show is off to a really good start. I haven't kept track of the ratings so I don't know yet if there's even going to be a season 2.

I sure hope so.

I'm pretty sure there will be. I was also really happy with the finale. I think some shows are starting to notice how Game of Thrones does it (airing this Sunday) in that the second to last episode is usually the big OMG!!!!! episode with the last one being to tie up lose ends. Season finales that end on cliff hangers have gotten pretty cliche, it's nice to see seasons that are their own complete arc. 

Vince Gilligan is a genius. The attention to detail in this show is amazing. I highly recommend viewers do some research on the work that goes into the color scheme of the show. Even the color of a characters outfit has something to reveal about them. 

I seem to recall the show got picked up for a second season before it even aired its first so no worries there.

So with Jimmy's new outlook on life it seems there's a whole lot of possibilities to explore.

And as far as little details and whatnot in the show.  You can call the phone numbers and look up the various addresses that pop-up from time to time in the show.  They're not dummy TV shit.

mwc

I forgot all about the color coordination. I wouldn't know the first thing about how to look that up and what it means.

I'm looking forward to the next season though.

Just a helpful tip that I think I mentioned earlier in this thread -- go back and rewatch the show. You won't be disappointed. And you'll pick up on a lot more of the details.