Goodbye Jesus

On Entering Hell.......

Castiel233

Some believe that the final resting place for mankind will be the eternal prison of never ending hell fire. Christ Himself certainly preached this dreadful doctrine, if what His biographers write of Him saying is true. For myself I could never love such a god, and should this awful doctrine be true and one day the gates of judgement are opening to welcome the brave and the loving, while the gates of Heaven swing open an inch to allow the trembling and obedient to shuffle in on their knees, I would rather take the former road to the latter. 

To add , of course unless its all true, in which case I shall fully repent just prior to dying.... as envisioned by The Simpsons episode "Faith off"

: )

It has always bothered me, even when I was a Christian, how God could just snap his fingers or wriggle his nose to do away with satan and hell but never does. Plus he knows before even creating someone who will go to hell and who will not... That's just sick. Why people chose to worship a god who created the most idiotic of idiotic situations is beyond me. I look back at what I used to believe and I either have to laugh or cry.

• Like 1

It has always bothered me, even when I was a Christian, how God could just snap his fingers or wriggle his nose to do away with satan and hell but never does. Plus he knows before even creating someone who will go to hell and who will not... That's just sick. 

True and this is part of what is the problem of the faith. If that faith be true God must want most people in Hell, The Bible  says that most go there, therefore He must desire it so.

Charles Bradlaugh (1833-1899) author and activist held the opinion that angels were created in Heaven and got to be there right from the start, while mankind was cursed on Earth and all but doomed to Hell purely for the actions of Adam and Eve. Bradlaugh (a stout anti theist, if ever there was one) considered the matter completely unjust......

If God wants all in Heaven, he should have had us made up there, if wanted most in Hell, He appears to have picked a good system to ensure that's where they go

Guest Furball

it makes you wonder, what if adam and eve never ate the forbidden fruit thereby disobeying gods command not to eat. How much longer would god have allowed them to be tested? At what point would god have said, ok adam and eve, you passed the test, I will remove the temptation tree from you. Its like god intentionally left the tree there for as long as it would take for them to get bored and eat the fruit thereof. he wanted to condemn us from the start. he would have left that damn tree there for all of eternity if it took that long to get them to disobey so he could throw us all into hell. what a violent god the christian god is. i am glad to be out of that death cult once and for all. freedom is where peace is found, not in fear based servitude. 

reading the above comments made me think of one of those mouse/rat mazes some kids did for science projects when i was in middle school. god's like a little kid watching "when are they gonna take the bait" "oooooo they took the bait, they're out of the garden, game on!", he even occasionally fucks things by tilting the board or putting obstacles (OT miracles). 

anyone else getting that vibe?

on a different note, even though i have quite thoroughly disproved it in my mind, i still get scared of hell sometimes.

Why would anyone want to worship a deity that will allow eternal agony for almost everybody? Almost seems like Christians are in league with evil.

• Like 1

I'm proud to say that I've overcome my fear of hell.

But, honestly, like so many who have come before have said, hell is where the party is gonna be. I'm not a party girl, but I sure as HELL do not want to be upstairs with the old prudes who will be rambling about god 24/7. I would lose my mind. Hell is going to be where most all of you are probably, along with many great scientists, thinkers, philosophers, and intelligent individuals who used their earthly brains to think outside of the box. I would be honored to burn along with all of these and you, fellow ex-C'ers. 

Nunc est bibendum! 

My question is why be worried about them eating the tree of life god is genuinely afraid of humans having immortality. What's more is why could god just stop the tree from granting immortality.

Lastly why is god afraid of humans acquiring knowledge

reading the above comments made me think of one of those mouse/rat mazes some kids did for science projects when i was in middle school. god's like a little kid watching "when are they gonna take the bait" "oooooo they took the bait, they're out of the garden, game on!", he even occasionally fucks things by tilting the board or putting obstacles (OT miracles).

anyone else getting that vibe?

on a different note, even though i have quite thoroughly disproved it in my mind, i still get scared of hell sometimes.

There's a video on YouTube that uses an analogy of the rat maze and free will.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's just say, I'd rather spend eternity with my non-believing family, Richard Dawkins, Carl Sagan, Ricky Gervais and Buddha than Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson or Sarah Palin.