Belief In God.

Cianna200

What if Christianity was a loving religion that taught this

1. Humans are naturally good

2. There is no Satan

3. There is no original sin

4. There is no sin just mistakes

5. There is no eternal punishment

6. compassion and selflessness are truly honored.

7. Tolerate other religions

8. Do not subdue the earth but love it

9. Men and women are equal

10. beliefs are not important, only our actions

11. Homosexuality is not wrong

12. Sex is only bad when it results in pain, and only good when it results in a better relationship or a beautiful planned child other than that it is neither good nor bad.

13. No one has all the answers.

What if Christianity were like this before you left it behind, do you think you would still be a Christian?

Possibly not, but that wouldn't make it true.

Guest Furball

What if Christianity were like this before you left it behind, do you think you would still be a Christian?

If this were true, then jesus never would have come, so there would have been no christianity to begin with.

If this were true, then jesus never would have come, so there would have been no christianity to begin with.

But Jesus taught the opposite of what modern Christianity teaches

Guest Furball

jesus only came to save people from eternal punishment and their sins, if you take these things away that you stated above, then there would have been no reason for him to come, therefor christianity never would have existed

there is a religion like the one you described in your opening post, it's those conversations with god books, the god in those books is the god that christianity claims to have

jesus only came to save people from eternal punishment and their sins, if you take these things away that you stated above, then there would have been no reason for him to come, therefor christianity never would have existed

there is a religion like the one you described in your opening post, it's those conversations with god books, the god in those books is the god that christianity claims to have

According to certain scriptures there is universal salvation and Jesus came to teach people to love others, but the teacher of eternal punishment and the whole Jesus died to save us from sin was taught by Paul, when I was a Christian, I noticed that he contradicted Jesus many times.

Guest Furball

do you believe jesus never taught about sin?

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. (jesus own words)

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. (jesus own words)

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

He did teach about sin but the real meaning of sin in Greek was revealed to be "missing the mark" or making mistakes. What Jesus did not teach was salvation was through calling upon him as Lord and Savior.

• Super Moderator

I didn't leave the religion because of the way it was implemented or how believers adopted their various dogma. I left because it was bullshit at its core and had no evidence to support any of it.

I didn't leave the religion because of the way it was implemented or how believers adopted their various dogma. I left because it was bullshit at its core and had no evidence to support any of it.

I know but I asked if it was loving would you have stayed one?

Believing in Santa Clause is a nice and friendly world view but at some point we all grow up.

Guest Furball

He did teach about sin but the real meaning of sin in Greek was revealed to be "missing the mark" or making mistakes. 

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1john 3:4

Sin is breaking god's law, not making mistakes. God wouldn't have sacrificed his only son for people having making mistakes. The bible is a law book, with god being the judge. 

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. romans 4:15

Jesus came to save believers from that wrath. He absolutely spoke about sin, righteousness, and judgement. 

The bible as a whole never supports universal salvation. There are a few verses that use the word "world." But, the word world has many meanings in the bible. 

• Super Moderator

I know but I asked if it was loving would you have stayed one?

No, there is nothing to suggest Christianity, however interpreted or practiced, is valid. If there's no evidence something is true, no matter how cute and nice it pretends to be, I simply can't believe or embrace it.

He did teach about sin but the real meaning of sin in Greek was revealed to be "missing the mark" or making mistakes.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1john 3:4

Sin is breaking god's law, not making mistakes. God wouldn't have sacrificed his only son for people having making mistakes. The bible is a law book, with god being the judge. 

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. romans 4:15

Jesus came to save believers from that wrath. He absolutely spoke about sin, righteousness, and judgement. 

The bible as a whole never supports universal salvation. There are a few verses that use the word "world." But, the word world has many meanings in the bible. 

The bible taught thousands of things that many Christians never read

Guest Furball

I sooo agree with you. To answer your opening post, no i would not have stayed in it. -peace

I sooo agree with you. To answer your opening post, no i would not have stayed in it. -peace

:) Alright, I probably wouldn't have either, Wicca is just too attractive

I'm with CeilingCat.  I cannot recognize your suggestion as Christianity.  Whether I would accept any such religion would depend on whether it allowed a range of views sufficient to permit my own, I suppose.  But either way, I would not still be a Christian because it would not be Christianity.

I'm with CeilingCat. I cannot recognize your suggestion as Christianity. Whether I would accept any such religion would depend on whether it allowed a range of views sufficient to permit my own, I suppose. But either way, I would not still be a Christian because it would not be Christianity.

The problem with saying it would not be Christianity is that the current teachings of modern Christianity wouldn't have existed to begin with (so we would have never known about them) if modern Christianity actually taught the above

[snipped] 

The kind of xianity you describe is pretty much what I had cherrypicked my way to believing before I deconverted.  It was palatable enough for me, but the reason I left was because I figured out it wasn't true.

Believing in Santa Clause is a nice and friendly world view but at some point we all grow up.

I agree, almost all of us grow out of Santa Claus belief, except perhaps those who are mentally impaired.

Jesus belief is different though; not everyone grows out of it, sadly.