Goodbye Jesus

An Invitation To Baa And Friends

Fweethawt

As of the time of my typing this, it has been over 36 hours since you posted your invitation to christians to learn more about cosmology and you've not had a single taker.

So, I'd like to invite YOU to start the thread anyway since the rest of us non-christians would more than likely be delighted to read whatever the three of you have put together.

Unless of course, your invitation is for christians only... If that's the case, I'd be willing to reconvert just to accept the invite.

I'd even suggest asking a mod to pin the thread and keep it unlocked.

So, BAA, what do you say?

(I tried PM-ing you but your inbox was full )

As of the time of my typing this, it has been over 36 hours since you posted your invitation to christians to learn more about cosmology and you've not had a single taker.

Yes, I see that Fweethawt.

So, I'd like to invite YOU to start the thread anyway since the rest of us non-christians would more than likely be delighted to read whatever the three of you have put together.

Your enthusiasm is infectious, my cheese-loving friend.

But can we maintain a holding pattern for a while longer?  Until... say, Monday?  Giving them the benefit of the doubt, so to speak?

Unless of course, your invitation is for christians only... If that's the case, I'd be willing to reconvert just to accept the invite.

It's ok, the invitation is primarily for the Christians ...but it's open to all.  

I'd even suggest asking a mod to pin the thread and keep it unlocked.

Now there's a good idea.  

So, BAA, what do you say?

The launch window is now set for Monday!  smile.png

(I tried PM-ing you but your inbox was full )

Oops!  Sorry 'bout that.  I must free up some space by transferring the backlog to other storage.

Thanks,

BAA.

Monday it is! I look forward to sharing what I've learned with anyone who's interested.

This sounds cool. Please, would you grant a simple request? Could you include a lesson on the Beautiful Star of Bethlehem that guided the wise men on their way to see the Holy Suckling? Cryotanknotworthy.gifjesus.gif I'm curious about the mechanism that moved that big ol' star out of it's place in the sky to wander around until it settled just over the Divine Manger.

Thanks, BAA and Bhim!

If at all possible, can you guys lay it out in chronological order. For example, begin with what we can know about what existed prior to the big bang. Then move to the big bang and so forth?

Just sayin'... Putting it that way would make the big picture more easily understood, in my opinion.

Thanks, BAA and Bhim!

If at all possible, can you guys lay it out in chronological order. For example, begin with what we can know about what existed prior to the big bang. Then move to the big bang and so forth?

Just sayin'... Putting it that way would make the big picture more easily understood, in my opinion.

We will be following a kind of chronology, Fwee.

The first point I mentioned on the invite is, 'How to understand and use the basic principles of cosmology properly'.

So, we could begin at the Big Bang, but to do so requires that we know how to understand it properly.  This is where those basic principles come in.  Most folks aren't aware of what these basic principles are and how they're used.  Especially when looking at complex things like the Big Bang, the expansion of space, inflationary theory, etc.  If you don't get the first principles right then the result is a great deal of confusion and misunderstanding.  

Bhim, RS and myself aim to set that right.

We'll explain the historical background of the principles, why they're used and how they should be used.  Only when we've covered these principles will we actually move on to the next point, ok?  So the chronology involved isn't a timeline of the universe, but a timeline of the science of cosmology.  Yes, we will cover cosmic history, but that'll be later on and only when we know how to correctly understand it.

I suppose it's a bit like going to France without learning any French first.

You can do it and you can (mostly) get by... but you run the big risk of being confused and causing confusion if you don't know how to use the French language properly.  For example, compare this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cul-de-sac

with this...

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/6-foreign-expressions-you-should-know/

4. Cul-de-sac

This expression was originated in England by French-speaking aristocrats. Literally it means “bottom of a sack,” but generally it refers to a dead-end street. Cul-de-sac can also be used metaphorically to express an action that leads to nowhere or an impasse.

A literal interpretation of cul-de-sac can read, "Arse of bag!"

Better to learn the lingo and avoid the trouble, eh?

Thanks,

BAA.