Goodbye Jesus

Mow My Lawn, Or Live Forever. You Choose

ConsiderTheSource

You are an unconverted person.  You will into your local Evangelical Christian Church.  You are presented with Two choices.  You can chose both if you wish.  There is no time pressure; except for you own lifespan.

1.  I am there with an open briefcase.  It contains $1,000,000 in cash.  I offer to give it to you if you mow my small suburban lawn.

2.  The church preacher offers you the pathway to eternal life and explains the simple details on how to obtain it.

So... which is more valuable?  $1,000,000; or eternal life?

You chose eternal life, right?  Eternal life is much more valuable than any sum of money.

So... which action will you complete FIRST?

You chose mow my lawn, right?  And, you likely did not have to think very long about it.

But... I thought eternal life was so much more valuable.   Right?  No?  So, what are you REALLY saying about this choice if the $1,000,000 is such an easier decision? 

I think I'll stay out of the local evangelical churches, thank you. If someone has money they want me to have, they'll find me.

Oh, and if there's a small suburban lawn that needs mowing I might be willing to do it for free if that means the end of winter. You gotta realize I'm in a place where winter is likely to stick around for a few more weeks, and grass won't be growing till late April or early May.

• Like 1