Goodbye Jesus

Duck Dynasty’S Phil Robertson Says If An Atheist Family Is Raped And Killed, They Would Discover Right And Wrong

SilentLoner

Right Wing Watch has just released audio of a speech the patriarch of Duck Dynasty, Phil Robertson, made at the Vero Beach Prayer Breakfast. During the speech, in an attempt to imply that there is no “right and wrong” for atheists, Robertson offers a scenario in which an atheist father would have a wakeup call. It involves having his wife beheaded, his two daughters raped and killed, and then having his penis cut off.

Here’s the transcript:

“I’ll make a bet with you,” Robertson said. “Two guys break into an atheist’s home. He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot them and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And then they can look at him and say, ‘Isn’t it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn’t it great that there’s nothing wrong with this? There’s no right or wrong, now is it dude?’”

Robertson kept going: “Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, ‘Wouldn’t it be something if this [sic] was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We’re sick in the head, have a nice day.”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/brotherrichard/2015/03/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-says-if-an-atheist-family-is-raped-and-killed-they-would-discover-right-and-wrong/

What a pathetic and empty human being.

• Like 3

One totally sick ignorant dude.... no wonder he has a highly rated Christian family friendly show....

• Like 1

Ummm...this sounds a lot like the stuff Israel's god told them to do to other people.

And atheists believe in right and wrong.  They just don't believe it's handed down from on-high by a magical sky-fairy in the most perfect form possible...an old set of books written by some anonymous dudes that thought they heard voices then later edited and compiled by consensus and political committee.

mwc

• Like 2

Even thinking of that horrible scenario shows a sick and warped mind.

10537117_994701007223843_207880951434710

• Like 2

What a sick fuck.

• Like 1

It's a problem that this blatantly false caricature of atheism can be paraded around as if it's valid. I watched God is not dead last night and this exact same BS straw man raising. Hopefully an onslaught of counter arguments sweep the web and TV. I live not far from Vero Beach. I wish I would have known about it and attended! 

• Like 1

Ironically the Bible is perfectly cool with righteous Hebrew warriors doing exactly that to Philistines.  Didn't David give a bag of severed Philistine penises to King Saul as a gift?  And of course after you kill a Philistine man his daughters belong to you as spoils of war.  The Bible requires that you make them wash (shave their head) before you violate them.

Cuz it is the word of an all-loving, all-good God

Edit:

1 Sam 18:25-27

Saul wanted to sell his daughter to David for 100 Philistine forskins so David kills 200 Philistines and brings Saul all the forskins.  Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Eat a bag of . . ."

And the raping the (little girl) prisoners of war rule comes from Moses in Numbers 31:15-18

This was the verse I was talking about:  Deuteronomy 21:10-14

If you like one of the little girls who were taken captive (anybody old enough to be sexually active was killed outright) then grab her.  Shave her head.  Cut her nails.  Keep her in your house.  Give her a full month to morn for the way you butchered her father and mother.  Then you can bang her to your heart's content.  But if you decide you don't want her anymore you can't sell her because you violated her.

God is love.

• Like 3

Wow. A new low has been reached. 

The Roberts' clan of Duck Dynasty fame is nothing but a pathetic sham anyway. Dusty Smith uncovered their shit long ago. 

If I weren't already disillusioned with my home country, the fact that I share it with repugnant asshats like Phil Roberts would have pushed me closer to abandoning all hope.

• Like 1

So what I'm reading is that the only reason Christians don't break into someone's home, rape and murder their daughters, decapitate their wife and cut off their penis is that God told them it was wrong (even though the bible contradicts that) and not because of any independent thought process. That's terrifying.

• Like 6

My xtian bro-in-law actually doesn't read the bible anymore but rather reads a Duck Dynasty daily quote. I kid you not! How the fuck do you even respond to that?! I may just send him that youtube from Dusty...

How is it that I, who doesn't believe in logic, truth or good (in that sense) am so capable of judging for myself what a sick fuck this guy is?  Riddle me that?

• Super Moderator

I think some people still don't know the whole family is a fake. Spread the word, though it still won't make any difference to the conservatives.

http://politicalblindspot.com/how-a-wealthy-clean-cut-duck-dynasty-tricked-the-world-for-publicity/

I think a lot of people suppose that atheists have no right and wrong because those people have been brought up on God's commands as their basis of right and wrong. Little kids reach an age where they are taught the ten commandments, then more. So they unthinkingly imbibe the message that the "right-making" thing is God's command.

How do people see right and wrong who grow up in cultures that don't base it on divine commands - maybe Japan, China... ?

I know right from wrong. The Fuck Dynasty people are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

• Like 1

Fashion crimes galore too

• Like 2

I've never actually seen the show. There are many benefits to not owning a TV.

Guest Furball

So he is a christian with "morals" and he comes up with a story like that? He also owns an untold number of guns and likes to shoot "gods creation" all over the place? jesus this guy should be a writer/director for italian horror movies. What a piece of of sub human trash. He should buy some "duck" tape and put it over his mouth, takes his zillions of dollars and go fuck himself. -me(ow)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Astute observation, Blood.

I'd love to stick around and discuss this, but I'm a little behind on my quota of raping and pillaging. Gotta run!brutal_01.gif

• Like 1

I was very carefully listening for an argument in what this guy was saying, but I didn't hear one.  There was no application of logic, or conclusion drawn, it was just a lurid story being described, with the hope that people would see things just the way that he saw them.  I suppose given his audience he had no need to be persuasive, but simply provoke people's emotions with some nasty words.

2012-01-23-a-practical-application-of-ph
  • Like 9