Goodbye Jesus

God Doesn't Prevent Terrible Things Because:

FreeThinkerNZ

If you will kindly go re-read you will see that initially I started the thread with humor/sarcasm. Then I gave a few honest answers. Then CC started with the insults. Just because he couldn't understand what I was attempting to convey does not make me the jackass. It would be him that is the jackass. Pretty simple.

Wrong.  You started being a jackass in post #8.  That was before CC joined the thread.  

You continued to be a jackass in post #13 and #15.  CC's first post was 21.  Care to

invent a new lie?

Edit:

I have to day that I agree 100% with CC's "insults".  They are both true and well deserved.

Let me just quote a few:

"So much for the doctrine of grace (unmerited favor). So tell me einstein, what did this poor person in the picture below do to god to make him bring this horrible situation upon him. I doubt all the hungry kids in africa told your god to shove it. So please explain to me how little kids in africa are students in your gods university of hard knocks when they didn't do anything to god. People like you make me want to puke. Your apologetics are laughable at best. So, look at the picture below and tell me end3 what this person did to deserve this!"

"Right, because you have yet to provide any evidence that your god exists and you have not yet provided a single shred of evidence that proves the bible is true as well. So i will give you this one, you're only here as a hypocrite christian antagonist."

"Ok the first part doesn't make any sense to what is being discussed here. 

Secondly, why is jesus waiting over 2,000 years when he told his disciples he would be right back? The silence means he doesn't exist, it also proves him a liar. 

Thirdly, you are sadly mistaken and don't know your bible. We don't have to accept instruction as god implants it in us, for us, against our will.

Let's look at Ezekiel 36

Ezekiel 36: 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Notice it has god doing all the work, it has nothing to do with people accepting or denying gods instructions statutes and judgements.

Can you atleast keep one command of the scriptures and study to show yourself a workman approved?"

"So what lesson in gods university of hard knocks does a devout christian learn? If he is an obedient devout christian, why is god still giving them "hard knocks" if they are repentant believers??????????/"

All of those were spot on.

God doesn't prevent horrible things because humanity told and tells God to shove it.....so humans must learn via the University of Hard Knocks.

So now you want us to think this was a joke?  For starters it isn't funny.  Secondly

your religion is dead serious with this stuff.  This is how Christianity enslaves

millions and tears apart their self esteem.  Who jokes about that kind of stuff?

God doesn't prevent horrible things because humanity told and tells God to shove it.....so humans must learn via the University of Hard Knocks.

So now you want us to think this was a joke?  For starters it isn't funny.  Secondly

your religion is dead serious with this stuff.  This is how Christianity enslaves

millions and tears apart their self esteem.  Who jokes about that kind of stuff?

Very very very very often, if not all the time, we learn the hard way. What is wrong with being inspired to, or have faith in, a means to choose life for others. How about addressing the comment I made about the collective of humanity being responsible for that starving person. You really think Christians are so shallow that they don't hope for and actually make efforts to help these situations? You would believe that only Christians make errors in the approach?

I'm sorry that you have been hurt by Christianity, but welcome to the club.

Edit:  Oh wait.  Did you think Cat is a woman?  Did this trigger your hatred for

women?  That might explain some things.  Perhaps you should move to 

Indiana and open a bakery where you refuse to serve or hire women because

of your "religious freedom".

No MM, his/her profile doesn't specify gender.

I just want to jump in and say that I also think CC was/is spot on in this thread.  I almost posted yesterday to tell him that he was on a roll. Now I wish I had.

I remember how it felt when I was a Christian and I had to face the ugly truth like this. I was angry too. Even though I kept believing for quite a while, there was always a small part of me that never quite felt the same about Biblegod. I could never quite trust him fully again.

I went through the blame the victim stuff. I went through blaming myself for not doing more or praying harder or having enough faith. Of course I blamed the devil too.

I wondered why God didn't  just take care of things like this on his own. He certainly didn't hesitate to flood the world or burn a lot of people to death in Sodom. He didn't wait for money or prayers then and the devil couldn't stop him.

I think we all know the logical conclusion of seeing the Bible as it is, and seeing it's God as he describes himself in his book. Fortunately we don't have to choose between following this god or going to Hell. A real, critical examination provides enough common sense evidence that we can know that it is myth and fairy tale.

After that, the only choices are to walk free from it, or keep yourself deluded.   

Edit:  Oh wait.  Did you think Cat is a woman?  Did this trigger your hatred for

Which is why I think it triggered your hatred of women.

You have a history of going ape shit when you see

somebody's profile is marked "female".  Apparently now

you have branched out into ape shit over "not telling".

Maybe I will change my gender declaration in solidarity.

Why not just take responsibility for making an errant assumption rather trying to pin me.

And what about the response to my question???

I just want to jump in and say that I also think CC was/is spot on in this thread.  I almost posted yesterday to tell him that he was on a roll. Now I wish I had.

I remember how it felt when I was a Christian and I had to face the ugly truth like this. I was angry too. Even though I kept believing for quite a while, there was always a small part of me that never quite felt the same about Biblegod. I could never quite trust him fully again.

I went through the blame the victim stuff. I went through blaming myself for not doing more or praying harder or having enough faith. Of course I blamed the devil too.

I wondered why God didn't  just take care of things like this on his own. He certainly didn't hesitate to flood the world or burn a lot of people to death in Sodom. He didn't wait for money or prayers then and the devil couldn't stop him.

I think we all know the logical conclusion of seeing the Bible as it is, and seeing it's God as he describes himself in his book. Fortunately we don't have to choose between following this god or going to Hell. A real, critical examination provides enough common sense evidence that we can know that it is myth and fairy tale.

After that, the only choices are to walk free from it, or keep yourself deluded.

No, it's not spot on. Even science today supports genetic change through nurture. You take many many generations of poor behavior across the scope of humanity and then want to blame a particular religion???? That's asinine. Science points to Grace in this case. It's ALL our faults.

Very very very very often, if not all the time, we learn the hard way. What is wrong with being inspired to, or have faith in, a means to choose life for others. How about addressing the comment I made about the collective of humanity being responsible for that starving person. You really think Christians are so shallow that they don't hope for and actually make efforts to help these situations? You would believe that only Christians make errors in the approach?

I'm sorry that you have been hurt by Christianity, but welcome to the club.

Your "faith in, a means to choose life" is causing the problem.

"the collective of humanity being responsible for that starving person" is stupidity beyond words.

Humanity isn't all powerful or all knowing.  

This is like holding the Canine race responsible because a dog dies of starvation somewhere.

Try to think.

E3, you might have a basis for an argument that it is all our collective fault...if there is no God in control of everything. You can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

Why not just take responsibility for making an errant assumption rather trying to pin me.

And what about the response to my question???

Post 54 contains no question.  I am not responsible for you hatred of women.  

That is on you.  Most of the things you have said in this thread are false.  

What "errant assumption" are you talking about now?

No, it's not spot on. Even science today supports genetic change through nurture. You take many many generations of poor behavior across the scope of humanity and then want to blame a particular religion???? That's asinine. Science points to Grace in this case. It's ALL our faults.

What does genetic change have to do with anything at all?  Clearly you don't understand

that "poor behavior" is not a factor being selected against in survival.  If you would like to

be educated on evolution there are many people who would be happy to walk you through

it.  There is nothing that points to Grace.  That is your delusion.  Your lashing out at people 

because your delusion is in conflict with reality.

I think what end is trying to convey is obvious. We need the world to turn back to god. He longs for a time when where the church controls the government and everyone loves and fears god. Like the dark ages. Those were better times. Such a forum like this wouldnt exist and he wouldnt have to bother explaining himself. He could sit back and light a cigar from our smoldering carcasses.

• Like 1

E3, you might have a basis for an argument that it is all our collective fault...if there is no God in control of everything. You can't have it both ways.

That's not the case.

God says, "Feed my sheep", yet we reject God and post pictures of starving people and blame God and each other? Really?

I think what end is trying to convey is obvious. We need the world to turn back to god. He longs for a time when where the church controls the government and everyone loves and fears god. Like the dark ages. Those were better times. Such a forum like this wouldnt exist and he wouldnt have to bother explaining himself. He could sit back and light a cigar from our smoldering carcasses.

If you think the last forty five years are an improvement in morality, you might want to rethink that.

What does genetic change have to do with anything at all?  Clearly you don't understand

that "poor behavior" is not a factor being selected against in survival.  If you would like to

be educated on evolution there are many people who would be happy to walk you through

it.  There is nothing that points to Grace.  That is your delusion.  Your lashing out at people 

because your delusion is in conflict with reality.

Some days you seem lucid MM. Today is not one of your days. We'll talk another time.

That's not the case.

God says, "Feed my sheep", yet we reject God and post pictures of starving people and blame God and each other? Really?

You fooking moron, I don't have a million rations of food in my back pocket and I don't have a sleigh driven by 8 flying reindeer to allow me to distribute the food all over Africa.  I have the power to do nothing about African overpopulation.  You know who does have the power to do something?  Christian leaders!  They could encourage people in Africa to use condoms and other birth control.  Instead the Pope declared it a mortal sin and caused the starvation we see today in third world countries.  And Jesus Christ looked upon all the suffering and choose to act like he does not exist.

Edit:

And the Protestants are no better.  Their preaching has inspired Christians to terrorize central Africa.  Christians hunt and murder both homosexuals and Muslims.  Jesus must be so proud.

• Like 1

If you think the last forty five years are an improvement in morality, you might want to rethink that.
you should check out the topic i started in the "sex and christianity forum" regarding adolescent sexual repression. Yes, I think morality has improved. Look at the crime rates. Murder rate is in half in the last two decades. Half! Teen pregnancy down huge. Cant think of the exact number off the top of my head. Everything is getting better as religion fades away.

http://www.childtrends.org/?indicators=teen-pregnancy

Also abortions are down too as a consequence of a falling teen pregnancy rate which is also in half In the last two decades.

• Like 1

you should check out the topic i started in the "sex and christianity forum" regarding adolescent sexual repression. Yes, I think morality has improved. Look at the crime rates. Murder rate is in half in the last two decades. Half! Teen pregnancy down huge. Cant think of the exact number off the top of my head. Everything is getting better as religion fades away.

But how can the crime rate be going down if Fox News still reports bad things happening?    :)

Some days you seem lucid MM. Today is not one of your days. We'll talk another time.

Pro tip:

The word "lucid" does not mean "agree with the Bible".  I can see why you might get confused about it.

That's not the case.

You fooking moron, I don't have a million rations of food in my back pocket and I don't have a sleigh driven by 8 flying reindeer to allow me to distribute the food all over Africa.  I have the power to do nothing about African overpopulation.  You know who does have the power to do something?  Christian leaders!  They could encourage people in Africa to use condoms and other birth control.  Instead the Pope declared it a mortal sin and caused the starvation we see today in third world countries.  And Jesus Christ looked upon all the suffering and choose to act like he does not exist.

Edit:

And the Protestants are no better.  Their preaching has inspired Christians to terrorize central Africa.  Christians hunt and murder both homosexuals and Muslims.  Jesus must be so proud.

Many of you whine about personal responsibility but let's look at this scenario.

Per MM:

I can't personally feed the people of Africa.

+ God is imaginary.

----------------------------------------------

The people who believe in the imaginary God and the imaginary God are starving the people of Africa

This must be Common Core......(emphasis on common).

The people who believe in the imaginary God and the imaginary God are starving the people of Africa

It's called a Strawman fallacy.  Overpopulation is starving the people of Africa.  Imaginary gods do nothing.  

I can point to the specific cases where Christian leaders have contributed to overpopulation by preying upon

and spreading superstition.  That doesn't mean overpopulation would not exist without Christianity but

Christianity does contribute significantly to the suffering.

• Like 2

It's called a Strawman fallacy. Overpopulation is starving the people of Africa. Imaginary gods do nothing.

I can point to the specific cases where Christian leaders have contributed to overpopulation by preying upon

and spreading superstition. That doesn't mean overpopulation would not exist without Christianity but

Eggggggzactly. Theyre spreading that condoms dont stop hiv didnt help. Hell even IF condoms didnt stop hiv, they still work as contraception preventing unwanted pregnancy.

It's called a Strawman fallacy.  Overpopulation is starving the people of Africa.  Imaginary gods do nothing.  

and spreading superstition.  That doesn't mean overpopulation would not exist without Christianity but

No, didn't you say CC's arguments were spot on? His assertion that God was in charge of the starvation?

Now we're talking overpopulation???? And again, somehow people, errant, lost, Christians, trying to help, are soo bad for trying to help?

Get a grip you two.

When you are making the problem worse, yes you are bad for trying to help