Goodbye Jesus

Looks Like I'm Going To Be Here For A While

Reptillian

Well, I am someone who follows the sect of igtheism which involves semantics and making a conclusion if and only if god is coherently defined as I recognize and accept there are naturalistic pantheists and supernatural pantheists along with anthropomorphic forms of theism. I do not really feel like I belong into a place where the majority of the people are secular because I tend to feel very excluded as many people seems to assume that the concept of god is always anthromorphic and their approach to the god question is very different than the approach of making sure that the question is clear and making a conclusion of god. Basically, their approach is that if one doesn't have evidence that an anthropomorphic concept of god does not exist, therefore all concepts of god is non-existent while my approach is that if god is defined as x, and indicator for this god is y, then therefore conclusion that god does or does not exist because of z reason. I also am in the firm believer that one can only make a conclusion if one has sufficient datas or indicators to suggest the existence or the non-existence of something, and if there is no sufficient datas, then there is no conclusion to be made rather than lack of evidence or data means we should always take on the negative approach. That's another reason why I feel isolated from the secular community even if I am secular myself.

That being said, that's not why I am back. I am back simply because I have to deal with the ever-increasing pressure to believe in god as even my father is officially a christian, and my mother is a full-time christian. I have to deal with christian radio 24/7, and they take me to churches if the opportunity presents. It wasn't like this before my grandmother came to visit, and I lost trust of my own grandmother because of that. I recognize that it's their house means that they can do whatever they want, but holy hell, it is annoying. Also, it doesn't help that I see my parents reinforcing the very concept that god is anthropomorphic does make me feel that I am strange in my theological position.

• Super Moderator

You're in good company!  For so many of us, Ex-C is our sane place - our sanctuary - in the midst of crazyass christians in our real lives.