Goodbye Jesus

Boiling The Friggin Egg

Ric

Feeling stupid?  Join Up!  Google how to boil an egg.  You'll STARVE!  This is ridiculous.  You have to get married, to get a boiled egg?  And Google's CEO is paid that much?  and can't tell you how to boil an egg, without doing a research paper?  Shit!  Tuna salad without the egg.  No longer care.

Ummmm...umm... Should there be a next time you care, here's my recipe:

-Take a small kettle

-add enough cold water that it'll cover up all of the egg

-warm up water on the stove till it boils (without the egg in it yet)

-add 1 tbsp (that small spoon you stir coffee with) of salt into boiling water

-place the egg onto a bigger spoon

-slowly place egg into the boiling water with the spoon

-remove spoon

-let boil for 15 mins

-after 15 mins, take kettle off stove and pour cold water into it, right on the egg, till the egg feels only warm to your hand

-break eggshell, consume egg.

For more eggs, just change every singular "egg" in the recipe into plural. Boiling time, salt etc are the same (as in, if you boil 10 eggs, it's still 15 minutes total).

Too complicated, Yunea.  I couldn't cope with that!

Put egg in saucepan.

Cover with cold water.

Bring to boil on hob.

Boil for 3 to 8 minutes (depending on how soft or hard boiled you like your egg)

Empty water from saucepan.

Cover with cold water for 30 seconds to a minute if you want to remove shell completely.  Otherwise use spoon to place straight into egg-cup.

Eat (preferably leaving the shell).

I'm trying to persuade Mrs E that she would like to try making egg and lemon soup (common in the Med, virtually unheard of here).  Anyone tried it?

Thank you, got past the crisis.  Doesn't take much anymore.

See, I'm Resident Idiot, serving in that capacity in various places. 

More-or-less normal, until this past summer, when it was my misfortune to experience three hemorrhagic strokes. 

it's a new world, each day.  What is mundane or simple to some, can be a mountain to climb for me.  I love life, but get frustrated when it doesn't roll over and play dead for me.  The "patience" brain cell was apparently soaked.  I hope it is drying out.

"It's all good," I'm fond of saying, and it is, considering some of the alternatives. 

i am now blind, left-of-center, but the pathologist told me recently, having examined me initially, that in her heart believed, "this patient will never come back."  and yet, Ta-Daaa!  here I is.   Last month, I regained my ability to drive.  Still scares me, but?

I am off the walker, as in the past week or so.  Looking for canes with hidden weapons.  that's good.

Decent gun collection, but can't shoot anymore.  Right-dominant, get it?  that's bad.

Determined who the really real friends are.  that's......good.

Unable to tend to my business, but find that my employees can.  that's good!

Has given me new purpose, to lend a hand to someone in need.  I hope, in that way, that my eyesight is more acute.

I like to bring the water to a boil first and only leave the egg in for 12-13min.  If you tear the shell and top and bottom, you can blow the egg out in one shot.

Keep kicking ass on your recovery!