Goodbye Jesus

Why Is It That Yahweh And Jesus Can't Keep The 10 Commandments?

mymistake

I remember being a Christian and back then I thought because God made us he owns us so he can do as he pleases.  

But that doesn't make sense that a "God of justice" would create laws that even he does not follow.

So to the best of my memory:

Yahweh keeps commandments 1, 2, 3, 4

Number 5 is not applicable  for Yahweh because he has no parents.  (unless you count God Most High in which case

Yahweh breaks #5)

Of course Yahweh murdered people by the millions.  #6

Yahweh got Joseph's woman pregnant.  #7

Yahweh had to steal the promised land for his people.   #8

Yahweh lied to Job and lied to Adam and Eve.   #9

And before you get Joseph's woman pregnant you first must want to so that is #10

Jesus keeps commandments 2, 6, 7, 8 and 10

However Jesus became the very god who would be before Yahweh   #1

Up on the cross Jesus was blaming God.  (Matthew & Mark)    #3

Jesus had his disciples harvest grain on the Sabbath and Jesus claimed he was the Lord of the Sabbath.  #4

Jesus honored his father but was rude to his mother and addressed her as "woman".   #5

Jesus was always speaking in riddles and parables with the intent to deceive his audience.   #9

And yet supposedly Yahweh demanded that every Hebrew followed God's laws from the day they were given until Christ

came.  God is a hypocrite even in God's own myth.

• Like 2

I should add to this and ask why there is a need for God to change things in the first place.

If you're an all-knowing, all-powerful God, this implies that you must know the future. Otherwise, you're not all-knowing.

If you're a good God, a perfect God, this implies that you cannot make mistakes and your plans are perfect every time, 100% of the time, and benefit as many people as possible, if not everyone. Otherwise, you are not good, perfect, or all-powerful and all-knowing.

So why, then, does God decide to make a dynamic shift with the coming of Jesus? Saying that there were prophecies about Jesus is not an answer, because that's part of the "solution", but there has to be a problem in order to make a solution, and this doesn't make any sense. It's a contradiction by terms: A perfect God cannot create something that is unintentionally imperfect. If He were to, He would, by definition, be imperfect.

Furthermore, if God were to make something intentionally imperfect, particularly referring to Creation, He would need to lose the "Good" title as to create something that would harm others intentionally would be, by definition, evil. But this is a digression far too short than it ought to be.

In any case, the fact that a problem exists creates a ​fundamental contradiction over the nature of God.

If He's all-powerful, then the system He made should ​be impossible to break as He would be capable of preventing mistakes from being made or someone throwing a wrench into the works.

If He's all-knowing, then the system He made should be absolutely perfect because He would not only know the perfect system for the present, but also the perfect system for every day to come.

Yet pesky Humanity's free will not only destroys this first plan, but forces God to make a back-up. Does this make any sense?

It shouldn't.

Some points from this thread...

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/67361-god-doesnt-prevent-terrible-things-because/page-9#.VRel8fnF8uk

that should be added to your list, MM.

God unjustly prevented Adam and Eve from understanding his warning about not eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

He didn't tell them that he would unjustly penalize them by adding curses to the impossible-to-understand command he'd given them about that tree.

He also didn't tell them that because they couldn't keep his impossible command, he would unjustly penalize every human being with pain, disease and death.

He also didn't tell them that because they couldn't keep his impossible command, he would unjustly penalize millions of humans with birth defects and lifelong disabilities. 

He also didn't tell them that because they couldn't keep his impossible command, he would unjustly penalize all of the created universe.

I really gotta post my notes from my Introduction to Western Religion class from last semester...

I had a debate over this very topic. According to him, had it been a court of law, I would have successfully indicted God...

Which makes me wonder about this.

http://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Demands-Questions-Challenging-Christians/dp/0785243631

If Christians are so gosh-darned sure that their faith would stand up in a court of law, let's see them defend God's cosmic injustices in Eden!

The only way I can respond to this is to say that I don't think Yahweh was ever supposed to be a nice character. Everything makes more sense if the warm and fuzzy view of God is replaced with that of a tyrant. Then at least the notion of the "fear of God" is a real one.

• Like 2

Bingo!  I agree, Desi, and have long suspected that the earliest writings were to portray a controlling tyrant, rather than a warm and loveable Fozzy Bear.  

God would keep these commandments that he himself created but he knows, via personal relationship with himself, that he's not pleased by works alone which is why he chooses to blindly believe in himself instead.

mwc

• Like 2