Goodbye Jesus

Whos Side Will You Be On When The Lord Returns

EyesOpened

Welcome to the forum, E.  I'm glad you are finally feeling comfortable with yourself and your own thoughts.  Good for you.

You are right about that question.  It's just one of the many ways Christians frame the whole debate so that they appear to start off as the truth.  They stack the deck in people's hearts and minds.

Welcome, Eyes.  We're so glad you're here!

Welcome, Eyes!

Jesus in the gospel tells his listeners that some who are standing there will see him return in glory.

Didn't happen.

False prophecy.

False prophets are to be stoned, acc. to the Torah.

• Like 2

Hello Eyestryingtoopen,  welcome to Ex-C!  

That was some great opening post. I think most everyone here has heard that line a few times, and some of us even said it to others. As a fellow ex-C, I know what you mean about the guilty feelings. I'm glad you got past that, no matter how long it took you.

By the way, it looks like you already have a nickname of sorts. If you don't want to be called Eyes for as long as you're here, you'd better speak up now!

Hello Eyestryingtoopen,  welcome to Ex-C!  

That was some great opening post. I think most everyone here has heard that line a few times, and some of us even said it to others. As a fellow ex-C, I know what you mean about the guilty feelings. I'm glad you got past that, no matter how long it took you.

By the way, it looks like you already have a nickname of sorts. If you don't want to be called Eyes for as long as you're here, you'd better speak up now!

Eyes or Dan is just fine. Whatever is easier for people to remember. Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am really looking forward to talking to all of you. This forum is a diamond in the rough and i really hope more people find this.

Hey Dan. Welcome

Hello Dan, I totally understand your statement about it taking 25 years to completely leave your childhood taught beliefs behind, it took me at least 6-7 years to rid myself of the last lingering beliefs. I thought I was over it in three years, but when asked if I could burn a bible, I was reluctant to answer. I've kind of moved into the anti-theist position in the last few years. My first inkling of trouble with bible beliefs was the concept of God, the supposed most intelligent, all knowing entity in the universe making one way to him, Jesus, and then not filling most of the world in on this supposed fact. The American Indians had around sixty generations be born, live and die without ever having a clue to this 'only way'. I'm just a normal guy and I think I could have figured out a way of letting EVERYONE in on it.

• Like 1

Hello Dan, I totally understand your statement about it taking 25 years to completely leave your childhood taught beliefs behind, it took me at least 6-7 years to rid myself of the last lingering beliefs. I thought I was over it in three years, but when asked if I could burn a bible, I was reluctant to answer. I've kind of moved into the anti-theist position in the last few years. My first inkling of trouble with bible beliefs was the concept of God, the supposed most intelligent, all knowing entity in the universe making one way to him, Jesus, and then not filling most of the world in on this supposed fact. The American Indians had around sixty generations be born, live and die without ever having a clue to this 'only way'. I'm just a normal guy and I think I could have figured out a way of letting EVERYONE in on it.

Hello Jeff and BC. Thanks for the welcome.

I agree BC that if there was a something as powerful as God that there would be no question or confusion to his/hers/its existence. It almost makes you wonder if the christian version of god has a certain amount of arrogance and doesnt feel the need to show up for lesser beings like us.

Again, thanks for the welcome everyone.

I think if someone asked me that I'd be tempted to reply with something along the lines of "How will you explain to Lucifer that you backed the wrong horse?".

Anyhow, welcome.  Both to this site and to a life free of unnecessary and (in its most extreme form) crippling guilt.

Welcome Dan. This is an awesome place. I think you'll fit in well.

Regarding the question in the title: when the zombie apocalypse comes, it's every man for himself!

How many of you have been invaded with that question i put in the title of my post. Very personal and invading question, isn't it?

If I ever happen to be asked this question by a believer, this will be my response:

"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side, little Orc." -Treebeard.

Of course, if the Christian asking the question happens to be bigger than I am, I may have to slightly modify the quote. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Welcome to the site though, Dan. It sounds like you have come to the right place.

As a fan of Supernatural, I would say I'm on the side of regular people. Team Free Will all the way!

Welcome Daneyes!

Luke

Hey Dan, welcome to the forums!

I heard that question thundered out a million times from the pulpit of every church I attended throughout the years.  I now simply substitute "Osiris", "Thor", or "The Tooth Fairy" for "Lord" in that quote.  They all have equal credibility and equal likelihood of fomenting and staging a big "return".

Have fun while you're here - there is indeed some great information available on these pages.  Congrats on making it this far!

If God is real and Lucifer is real, I'll definitely side with Lucifer when Jesus comes back.

Yup, it all resonates what you're saying. Welcome, and enjoy your time here. smile.png

Guest Furball

Neither one is real, so i side with reality. 

Welcome to Ex-C!

I see that you restore cars, i would love to see some pics if you have the time to post. If you do, please post them in the totally off topic section of this website. Thanks EO, and again, welcome.

-Cat 

Welcome to Ex-C!

I see that you restore cars, i would love to see some pics if you have the time to post. If you do, please post them in the totally off topic section of this website. Thanks EO, and again, welcome.

-Cat

Thanks CC

I will put some pics out. I also have a photobucket account with the cars i have done(most of which i have kept, lol).

And i totally agree with your answer with the post. At first when i finally came to the realization there was no God i was very angry at "Him". Then i thought, wait a second, how can i be mad at something that doesn't exist. That is when i figured out that it isn't "God" i was angry it, it was myself. That just goes to show you how bad the brainwashing was.

This is basically like asking me if I'm on Team Jacob or Team Edward. I don't care. 

If someone asked me this question in all seriousness I'd probably just stare at them like they had three heads and excuse myself. 

• Like 1

Welcome to Ex-C!

-Cat

Thanks CC

I will put some pics out. I also have a photobucket account with the cars i have done(most of which i have kept, lol).

And i totally agree with your answer with the post. At first when i finally came to the realization there was no God i was very angry at "Him". Then i thought, wait a second, how can i be mad at something that doesn't exist. That is when i figured out that it isn't "God" i was angry it, it was myself. That just goes to show you how bad the brainwashing was.

Well, you may wish to save some of that anger for the trusted adults that indoctrinated you into their particular religion and instilled peer pressure on you to conform.  Of course, you can let that anger go if you find that those trusted adults were, in turn, indoctrinated  and peer pressured by a prior generation of trusted adults, etc.

Welcome to Ex-C!

-Cat

Thanks CC

Well, you may wish to save some of that anger for the trusted adults that indoctrinated you into their particular religion and instilled peer pressure on you to conform.  Of course, you can let that anger go if you find that those trusted adults were, in turn, indoctrinated  and peer pressured by a prior generation of trusted adults, etc.

Religion (baptist) has been in my family for generations. Just from talking with my father, i can see how he was brainwashed the same way he was doing it to us(my brothers and sisters). I did go through a spell where i was kind of angry with my parents for this. Later on in life i noticed how ignorant he was about it. My mother was just going along for the ride like a good Xtian would. I chalk it up to ignorance on their part.

Instead of being angry, i will use that energy to warn as many people as i can about this fraud and hopefully help them get out of religion.

Welcome to Ex-C!

-Cat

Thanks CC

Religion (baptist) has been in my family for generations. Just from talking with my father, i can see how he was brainwashed the same way he was doing it to us(my brothers and sisters). I did go through a spell where i was kind of angry with my parents for this. Later on in life i noticed how ignorant he was about it. My mother was just going along for the ride like a good Xtian would. I chalk it up to ignorance on their part.

Instead of being angry, i will use that energy to warn as many people as i can about this fraud and hopefully help them get out of religion.

So if this is the case, why would you have been angry with yourself?

I think it was a chain reaction. I went through a short time when i was angry with the non existant being for not existing, i realized that is kind of stupid to be mad at something that didn't even exist. So, i looked into it more and realised the anger was both at me and my parents. My parent for subjecting me to religion in the first place and myself for believing all the hocus pocus. Now i see religion for what it is. Some people escape the deception and some don't. I was angry with myself for being so blind.

Welcome to freedom Dan. Only now will you realize what really being free is all about!

And it's a wonderful life.

Welcome to freedom Dan. Only now will you realize what really being free is all about!

And it's a wonderful life.

Thanks Burny.

It feels great to have the excess baggage of lies removed.