A dying man asked a dying man for eternal life; A man without possessions

asked a poor man for a Kingdom.

"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

~Luke 23:42-43

zombie-jesus.jpg

• Like 5

Here's another tale concerning the kingdom:

A lord gave money to three stewards "according to their abilities" (Remember that phrase--it becomes important.) and left on a long journey. While the lord was gone, the first and second stewards doubled the amount given to them. The third steward dug a hole and buried his portion of the money.

When the lord returned, he interrogated the stewards as to how they had behaved in his absence. He had glowing words of praise and lavish rewards for the two gentlemen who had acted according to their abilities and doubled his money. The third man revealed his reasoning that the lord was a hard-ass and, in fear of what might happen if he lost what was given to him, he had hid the money. This, as we are told, was a true assessment of the lord. "If you knew I was a hard-ass, why didn't you loan out the money at interest, you stupid fool!?"

At any rate, the third steward is not just belittled, he is condemned to "outer darkness" where "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." But of course, we were already told that each one was given money according to their abilities, so why would the lord react this way? I think you know the answer.

I love this story. (You may read it in Matt. 25:14-30). It reveals much about the Tender Lord Jesus Who Popped Out of the Grave Today.

• Like 6

Keep your

Meh, you can keep your phoney-balony bible verses to yourself. I'm just in it for the chocolate bunnies. At least I know they're real. Tasty, too.

• Like 2

For Easter I did not deviate from my typical Sunday routine in the slightest, lest Jesus the false god get any glory whatsoever.

easter-pagan_14275729701.jpg

• Like 8

Easter_choco-bunnies.jpg

• Like 2

astarte.jpg

• Like 1

easter-pagan_1427348486.jpg

• Like 5

65275_531511413567269_475880626_n-429x55

• Like 5

60939548.jpg

• Like 4

"And with him they crucified two bandits, one on his right and one on his left. Those who passed by derided him, shaking their heads and saying, ‘Aha! You who would destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself, and come down from the cross!’ In the same way the chief priests, along with the scribes, were also mocking him among themselves and saying, ‘He saved others; he cannot save himself. Let the Messiah, the King of Israel, come down from the cross now, so that we may see and believe.’ Those who were crucified with him also taunted him." [Mark 15:27-32 (NRSV)]

"Then two bandits were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left. Those who passed by derided him, shaking their heads and saying, ‘You who would destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! If you are the Son of God, come down from the cross.’ In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes and elders, were mocking him, saying, ‘He saved others; he cannot save himself. He is the King of Israel; let him come down from the cross now, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God; let God deliver him now, if he wants to; for he said, “I am God’s Son.”‘ The bandits who were crucified with him also taunted him in the same way." [Matthew 27:38-44 (NRSV)]

See, I can cherry pick too.

• Like 3

Is this going to become a new version of the "Sunday Dispatch Thread"? Perhaps this will be one in which IH posts pro-Christian stuff every time a new holiday that was hijacked by Christianity comes along. Fortunately with this one, the doses will be fewer and much further apart (I hope).

I wanna eat Thackerie's chocolate bunny.

crazyguy123, not a new Sunday Dispatch thread here, but this was the Dispatch today on the other boards.

I just thought this morning I would wish you all a happy Easter Sunday and post the thought and scripture.

10422206_10205225861218957_6196542439832

• Like 7

crazyguy123, not a new Sunday Dispatch thread here, but this was the Dispatch today on the other boards.

I just thought this morning I would wish you all a happy Easter Sunday and post the thought and scripture.

Well, here's a little tip so you don't fuck it up next Easter...

We are EX-CHRISTIANS! That means -- we are no longer christians. Which also means, if you want to great us (on ANY day, actually) don't start with one of your fucking death-centered/worshipping parables.

We are NORMAL people now. We don't wanna hear this fucked up shit on ANY given Sunday.

• Like 7

Praise Satan that Easter is finally over and we don't have to put up with the crazy again until November 1st!

Praise Satan that Easter is finally over and we don't have to put up with the crazy again until November 1st!

Don't be so sure.

These crazy fuckers will probably be fighting to "take back" Independence Day in July...

65275_531511413567269_475880626_n-429x55

That makes so much sense.  I've been wondering why the date for the death of Jesus has been a formula based on the lunar calendar.  Easter falls on a different date each year because the formula from the lunar cycles gives a different answer each year.  It is absurd that if Jesus was a real person that none of his followers would remember the day on which he died.  But if the formula was actually for Ishtar's day then it makes perfect sense that a Roman Emperor or Pope could simply relabel it.  

• Like 2

That Easter goddess Ishtar is kinda hot for a cold stony chick. 

Easter is My holiday, Ironhorse.

BTW, I ate the Lamb -- with mint sauce.zDuivel2.gif

• Like 3

10422206_10205225861218957_6196542439832

Epic meme is epic.      17.gif

• Like 2