Goodbye Jesus

Happy Easter

ironhorse

A dying man asked a dying man for eternal life; A man without possessions

asked a poor man for a Kingdom.

"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

~Luke 23:42-43

IH, now that Easter is fresh in your mind, tell us, with chapter and verse please, how many days was Jesus supposed to be in the earth (i.e. dead)?  How many days and nights was he in the earth (i.e. dead)?

How many women went to his tomb 2,000 or so years ago, and what did they see and what did they do? 

You have the scripture, we know that, and you don't mind quoting it. Help me out, will you?

• Like 1

I see what Dude is doing...

*snicker*snort*snicker*

17605_834266309976916_686350709642839524

• Like 3

It's easter day.  Shouldn't you be telling the myth of the empty tomb instead of this one?

I'm glad he lies and tells that guy that they'll both be together in "paradise" wherever that is in his cosmology.  If it's heaven then he dies, goes to heaven, comes back for his body and returns to heaven.  Lame.  If it's hell (the "nice" part...???) then also lame because apparently the "kingdom" is hell and he's fucked everyone.

mwc

I wanna eat Thackerie's chocolate bunny.

PageofCupsNono.gif

Happy cheap candy day everyone!

Ironhorse,

Since you persist in drive-by trolling us with scripture - I'll be PMing every forthcoming cosmology tutorial to you.

The ignorance you pretend is your shield of faith will be of no help to you.

You can run, but you can't hide!

BAA.

• Like 3

Queen of Heaven, war, love and fertility and mother goddess, Freyja of the Nordics, worshipped as Innanna by the Sumerians, Ashtoreth and/or Astarte by the Canaanites/Phoenicians, Ishtar by the Babylonians, maybe even Asherah of the Hebrews since the iconography is very similar (a female figure holding her breasts is another representation of the goddess) Isis (pronounced 'ees'ah' - very close to easter) (sometimes also Hathor) by the Egyptians and Aphrodite/Venus/Artemis by the Greeks/Romans (or even as Isis)… 

She descended into the underworld to retrieve her lover, and returned (rebirth/resurrection story as well as the forerunner for the story of Persephone and Hades - an agricultural cycle story) She is a consort of ANU, the father god of the Sumerians… and lover of Tammuz.(and many others)

The symbol of the egg is an obviously fertility symbol, and one of Freyja's animals was not the rabbit, but the Hare - another ancient fertility symbol. Ishtar's other symbols are the Lion and the Owl (strength and wisdom) the eight-pointed star, The Morning Star as well as the Ibex (cattle), grove, and/or tree of life. She has been worshipped for over 4000 years, that we know of, by many names, in many civilizations. She has been also associated with Lilith, Adams first wife according to the Jews and Mary, the mother of Jesus. (the symbology is very similar - especially in Catholic iconography - and Mary is called the Queen of Heaven) Esther is a derivative of her name.

Oestre (easter) is a Teutonic goddess, similar to Ishtar and is the original namesake of the Spring Equinox festival, or Easter in Europe.

Making cakes for the goddess is also a very old tradition (origin of hot cross buns). "Even the cross on the bun wasn’t originally a reference to the Christian story, but an ancient Celtic symbol — the Celtic cross with equal length bars represents the intersection of earth (the horizontal line) and Heaven (the vertical line), the human and divine."

And that… is Easter.

I saw a Robin the other day, and that's enough for me  :D  Spring has sprung!

• Like 6

Easter really makes me laugh at religious people more than any other holiday they claim as theirs.

Even when I was still one of them I laughed and tried to explain it. But no. It's jesus. Whatever

• Like 1

I've always scratched my head with the two bandits on the crosses with Jesus in both Mark and Matthew.

Picture this: You're in horrible pain, suffocating slowly and every motion you make to breath is like a lance, and you are slowly bleeding out. What is the most logical thing to do?

Taunt the guy next to you, wasting precious air, of course!

• Like 3

Well, if you're in that situation, I suppose you could...

ALWAYS   LOOK   ON   THE   BRIGHT   SIDE   OF   LIFE ...!

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 2

The ancient Epicureans used to say that the wise man is happy even on the rack.

And we wonder why the Epicureans aren't a thing anymore...

• Like 1

Hey F!

If that's so, then according to Isaiah 53 , Jesus wasn't a wise man.

And we wonder why the Epicureans aren't a thing anymore...

Well... if you ever find yourself being tortured on the rack, you might be helped by some of their insights.  That's all I can think to reply!

And then the burglar died. The burglar didn't have the time to be anxious about not having enough faith, not being good enough, not submitting enough, not warning enough many people about their sins, etc. No time to fear he or his loved ones are going to hell, no time spent praying on his knees, tears flowing down his face, that God would release him of his horrible sinful nature. He just flew to paradise, just like that, because he talked with Jesus right before dying. 

I don't get it. 

• Like 1

Strange, I did not realize the Epicureans had vanished.

I thinking this world today has many people who adore and

seek riches in comforts, food, and drink.

Once again, you show that you do not know what you're talking about.  Your description does not fit the ancient philosophical school of Epicurus at all.

• Like 2

That is the risk you take when you choose to be ignorant.  You don't realize many things.

Guest Furball

I think you meant seek comfort in riches, food, and drink. 

• Like 1

We note that you choose to take comfort in blissful ignorance, Ironhorse.

• Like 2

Thank you CeilingCat, I misplaced the two words. I was running in and out of the house at the time.

I did mean seek comfort (pleasure would actually be a better word).

And before anyone else accuses me of being blissfully ignorant on this,

please consult a dictionary and explain why my statement on Epicureans is incorrect.

Thank you CeilingCat, I misplaced the two words. I was running in and out of the house at the time.

please consult a dictionary and explain why my statement on Epicureans is incorrect.

No, Mr. "I Shift the Burden of Proof Because I'm Lazy", you take the time to explain why you think your statement is correct.

• Like 2

No, Mr. "I Shift the Burden of Proof Because I'm Lazy", you take the time to explain why you think your statement is correct.

Damn, I was about to answer his question but sdelsolray you are so right.  Let Mr. Ignorance do his own work.

Just saying, I've read works by Epicureans before.

I'm not going to answer for Ironhorse, but I am gonna say that he has made the error that a lot of people have made about the nature of Epicurean thought.

A lot.