Goodbye Jesus

Indications Of Alien Life By 2025

Fweethawt

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

The mathematical probability of there being life, in some form, somewhere in the universe makes it almost a certainty. That makes NASA's prediction scientifically possible but their time frame may or may not be accurate.

• Like 1

Whoever we run into, I hope they are kind enough to help us sort through our problems. Elevated, by alien wisdom from stars beyond.

Of course, I'm talking about alien intelligences, not microbes, but hey: You start somewhere.

Since 50% of my avatar's DNA did not originate on Earth, I'm going to watch this space very carefully.  (Pun intended.)

LLAP

• Super Moderator

I hate it when scientists make predictions like this. We're just now getting the tools we think we might need for this quest and there's no factual information that can lead to a probable timetable. They're just guessing, but maybe they have a good reason; sensational headlines focus attention (and money) on the agency.

They will definately find life. Whether or not it is intelligent is a different matter. Hell, I dont why know why abiogenesis is such a big deal. Life on earth couldve been something as simple as single celled organisms hitching a ride on an asteroid that just collided with earth. Or maybe a space probe like the voyageur that had some bacteria on it.

I think NASA has a sooner date than what they are letting on. NASA tends to be conservative with their time frames. Exciting times we live in.

Guest Furball

"We are not talking about little green men," Stofan said at the panel. "We are talking about little microbes."[/size]

Personally, i would rather have them find a walking, talking being from another planet, not some microbe frozen in an ice rock somewhere. Although that would be news worthy too, i just prefer the science fiction discovery of actual beings and saucer crafts. So much more entertaining. [/size]

My cellphone can record full HD but every ufo video is grainy crap

I can't wait until Christian preachers say that the Bible has always said there is microbial life all though creation.  The Bible has always said whatever science has just discovered.

• Like 1

"We are not talking about little green men," Stofan said at the panel. "We are talking about little microbes."[/size]

Personally, i would rather have them find a walking, talking being from another planet, not some microbe frozen in an ice rock somewhere. Although that would be news worthy too, i just prefer the science fiction discovery of actual beings and saucer crafts. So much more entertaining. [/size]

Right, because when you're dealing with a spacecraft that is the representative of an advanced, space-travelling civilization, you shoot a bloody missile at him!

Since 50% of my avatar's DNA did not originate on Earth, I'm going to watch this space very carefully.  (Pun intended.)

LLAP

Umm dude... none of your avi's DNA is from this Earth.

After all, that's bearded Spock from the mirror universe.

*off geek soapbox*

SCNR ;)

I can't wait until Christian preachers say that the Bible has always said there is microbial life all though creation.  The Bible has always said whatever science has just discovered.

Douche Bags....  

LLAP

Umm dude... none of your avi's DNA is from this Earth.

After all, that's bearded Spock from the mirror universe.

*off geek soapbox*

SCNR wink.png

Ooops!   My bad.

:(

There's a very good reason why this footage is so grainy.

It's official NASA footage to be sure.

But it was taken in the 1960's during one of the Gemini missions and shows tiny particles of unburned rocket fuel.

A similar phenomenon was reported by John Glenn in Friendship 7 during the Mercury program.

This was shown (with a great deal of artistic license) in the movie, "The Right Stuff". 

(10:30 to 12:45)

Thanks,

BAA.

There's a very good reason why this footage is so grainy.

It's official NASA footage to be sure.

But it was taken in the 1960's during one of the Gemini missions and shows tiny particles of unburned rocket fuel.

A similar phenomenon was reported by John Glenn in Friendship 7 during the Mercury program.

This was shown (with a great deal of artistic license) in the movie, "The Right Stuff". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0R95R35-k (10:30 to 12:45)

Thanks,

BAA.

Great movie.

Agree, EyesOpened!   goodjob.gif

I'm not old enough to recall Mercury or Gemini, but I did watch every Apollo mission on tv... loving every second! 

smile.png

Thanks,

BAA.

I wish I had been around when Man landed on the moon...

• Super Moderator

The moon landing was awesome. I didn't know it was fake until the advent of the Internet. zDuivel7.gif

The moon landing was awesome. I didn't know it was fake until the advent of the Internet. zDuivel7.gif

You reckon the moon buggy is still up there. I'm betting it has a flower power sticker on it.

Edit: Ha, apparently there were three...still up there to my understanding. Oh, sorry, still three on the secret set...