Goodbye Jesus

Would You Ever Date A Christian?

Deidre

I dated a Christian after my deconversion.  We had chemistry.  We had fun.  Then we had our first deep and meaningful conversation and her pat Christian answers made me lose respect for her.  I started to find her annoying and it unravelled pretty quickly after that.

I think I might be able to handle a Christian who has really studied the religion.  I have a begrudging respect for people who understand the ins and outs of what they believe in, warts in all.  But these sorts of Christians are few and far between.

It might change when having kids isn't part of the equation, when its two adults in disagreement.   Imagine the battles over their young minds if you did marry any sort of Theist.

Yea, I'm not willing to get that far...to where I'm developing feelings and such and THEN...the problems arise over faith and our differences. Easier to date atheists, me thinks. 

Glad you didn't just sweep your concerns under the rug.

I have always been awesome in bed.

Maybe you weren't a 'real' Christian. ;)

:P

Maybe you weren't a 'real' Christian. wink.png

tongue.png

I suppose that I've always been a bit of an iconoclast. zDuivel7.gif

Maybe you weren't a 'real' Christian. wink.png

tongue.png

I suppose that I've always been a bit of an iconoclast. zDuivel7.gif

Lucky for us. cool.png

• Like 1

Been there. She eventually dumped me because I was not a christian. Met another really cute one I couleve dated. Pass. Never again. That being said, the christian was easier to get into bed. However, she didnt enjoy sex at all. I think it was guilt. All my atheist girlfriends love it.

• Like 2

Been there. She eventually dumped me because I was not a christian. Met another really cute one I couleve dated. Pass. Never again. That being said, the christian was easier to get into bed. However, she didnt enjoy sex at all. I think it was guilt. All my atheist girlfriends love it.

Sorry u were dumped, but probably better in the long run, eh?

More often than not, I can see that happening. And on the part of the theist, because if his/her faith matters to them...they'll want their partner to share in that, too.

Problem with dating Christians in Europe...there is not much dateable guys available...means chances to meet one outside of religious happenings is pretty rare...and if meeting one it is possible he is just cultural christian which means they go to church once or maybe twice a year (Christmas and Easter) and for funerals and weddings...and with that I am pretty much ok if the rest is as well.

A fundy...which most nontraditional christians are, never. I kinda had the experience just at the beginning of my journey to total deconversion and the guy looked kinda stressed when I had Amy Winehouse playing...and wore a tank top that was semi-transparent (just cheap white cloth...haha...). We had a really weird talk about him and how he thought he was a rebel and therefore needed a moral code and all...when I was trying to tell him about being lead by your inner self in order to be real...

When we said goodbye I knew I would never see him again...and so it was. Some years later I heard he married a pretty weird woman who was a self appointed intercessory prayer at my former church.

And then...I have never been the kind of girl a christian would date. The guys I have found interesting when still in church acted very weird when they I asked them to go for a coffee or so...kind of like as if I asked them to marry me right away. The concept of getting to know someone and then find out if you want to go on a second date or not somehow did never get to them. Or that is how it felt to me.

One guy put on a really fake and gross smile every time he saw me and then tried to get distance as fast as he could. As if I was a disease or something. So my experience with christian guys has been quite traumatic and I don't intend to be with one. Also I really don't feel like getting into a system of believe where women have to submit to men even if he is different. I think, in some way this will show anyways.

I have experienced more respect from atheist guys then christian ones.

• Like 1

I couldn't date a theist. They would just spend their time trying to get you to believe in their version of god, and telling you to repent and believe in jesus. I would not be able to continue dating this person. -the grouch

Not necessarily...  Theist is not the same as dogmatic Christian/monotheist.

However:

1. Did date a Christian.  That's why I'm married to her.
  2. Wouldn't do it now (were I to find myself no longer married) unless the person was clearly able to respect the concept of another person having different beliefs.  In reality, I suppose that means very liberal Christian or none at all.

It depends on the type of Christian. I would prefer to not date one. However I'm the sort that would prefer to be single over being in a bad relationship. I know many people who would rather put up with a bad relationship than be single.

No,no way.cny b bothered with someone feeling guilty after sex.Adulterers are bad enough but at least they have somthing to feel bad about except those who do it regularly.

Probably liberal christian or none. Don't want to date a fundy. A fundy wouldn't want to date me either, so I have no worries about that lol

It never really crossed my mind, but I think I'm going to start bringing up religion on first or second dates. Got to nip that shit in the bud before anything develops.

My first gut reaction to this question was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

However, if the person was openminded and not a fundamental christian I might be able to handle it. If they thought that there was some kind of power in the universe then I won't mind. If they believe in all the rules and teachings of any particular religion it will be hard to talk to them. I looked up the word Theist to make sure I have the correct definition, and honestly, I just don't want to be in a relationship with someone who thinks a god created the universe. I think I would get annoyed and tell them to learn some science. 

Nope. I'm through with xtian guys, once and for all. Been there, done that, they all made me sorry I ever gave them the time of day. I don't care how liberal he is or what denomination he's from. I wouldn't date a xtian guy on a bet.

On the other hand, if the guy's a closeted irreligious, then fair enough. I'll gladly give him a chance. 

Hell. Fucking. No.

• Like 1

Depends on the kind of Christian. A lot of Christians are more or less "deists in denial". They don't actually take the whole bible seriously and use it instead for moral guidance. Those kind of christian girls are fine for dating.

Really the person matters more than the religion. Plenty of non religious girls turn out to be more negative and judgmental than religious girls. I'd date a sweet liberal christian girl over an edgy atheist girl with daddy issues any day. I prefer a girl to not be deeply religious, but it's not a dealbreaker as long as she is OK with the fact that I don't believe.

• Like 1