Goodbye Jesus

Christians Don't Even Help Themselves Out

NoOne

In response to the title of this thread: Christians Don't Even Help Themselves Out

I don't view the Bible as a magic book that answers every detailed problem in my life. No magical verse to

bring wealth or cure my disease.

It does answer, for me, most important questions about God and life.

That said, I'm responsible for  my actions and how I deal with the daily ups and downs of life.

There's a scripture that says we perish because of lack of knowledge. That verse is speaking, not only about God, but about being willing to learn new things, to search for answers to problems. That's what being a human is about.

I can pray that God will send rain, but I have to plow and plant the field.

Goodbye Jesus

In response to the title of this thread: Christians Don't Even Help Themselves Out

I don't view the Bible as a magic book that answers every detailed problem in my life. No magical verse to

That said, I'm responsible for  my actions and how I deal with the daily ups and downs of life.

There's a scripture that says we perish because of lack of knowledge. That verse is speaking, not only about God, but about being willing to learn new things, to search for answers to problems. That's what being a human is about.

"…14Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; 15and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. 16Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.…" James 5: 14-16 (copied from here  http://biblehub.com/james/5-15.htm)

There's your "magical" verse to cure your disease, Ironhorse.  All you have to do is believe it and put it into practice. it doesn't sound so hard, does it? And we know it's true and real and that it works because it's Bible and God cannot lie, right?

• Like 1

Wow I forgot about this thread...

But shouldn't God send the rain anyway? You can only do so much to help your crops or garden...whatever you were alluding to.

If you need wealth for whatever reason, shouldn't God give it to you? If you're sick, shouldn't God heal you? We're human, there's only so much we can do. There's a being who claimed to create everything and claims to love us...yet he fails to help his "children" who are struggling and he can't do simple things.

• Like 1

Way to go, Ironhorse!

Don't bother answering the questions put to you recently in other threads. 

Nope.  Instead, find an almost dead thread that's about to locked and resurrect it so that you can post something about your beliefs and then ignore the fresh round of questions we'll put to you in THIS thread. 

Then you'll just ignore us again, wait awhile, find another near-dead thread and post something else about yourself.  Always dodging the questions and never giving reasons for your beliefs.

What a shining example of Christian honesty and integrity you are!

• Like 2