Goodbye Jesus

God Or Death?

Noelle7

I'm at the point where I would rather be in the ground than be forced to believe in god. This has nothing to do with suicide or anything like that. Just when I hear the questions, well you can believing od without proof and have a great afterlife, or you can die and just suffer, I say neither. The way religion is influencing everything in our government really frightens me. They don't want to provide the mental health services, financial assistance to low income women and family, affordable health care, protection from abuse, debt forgiveness shelter,etc. It really frightens me. Now I'm worried about abortion being outlawed some day. I know now that for the people who do work, who aren't laid off or disabled or on financial assistance, or living with someone,etc. I do know there was a bill that was passed that said employer's don't have to pay for birth control for their women employees. Birth control is expensive. I swear in Catholicism and Christianity your either a whore or mother, nothing in between. I guess you can't be single and happy or happily married without children. The get so angry if you live together with a man or woman without being married and are happy, or if you choose to stay single and have some other sort of arrangement. Oh and if having children is not for you... you might as well say go jump because your life has no meaning. WTF. I came to the atheist conclusion when I read and saw a lot of stories on the news about horrors done to the mentally ill, depressed, LBGT community, etc. I also know of a girl in high school that became pregnant at 13, by an uncle who had secretly been raping her for moths and threatened her, and the parents found out and basically condemned her for it, saying she asked for it, and saying they were going to disown her for wanting an abortion and were going to throw her out,etc. Well needless to say, she was forced to go through with the pregnancy, and obviously ahs a lot of issues, and has suicidal tendencies, and has been in and out of psych wards. The anger that I have for people like this is staggering. Whenever, I heard the whole logic of your duty being just to procreate even out of rape and incest, I wanted to hurl. So if some poor girl or women who never wanted to have children especially out of rape or incest in the first place, is repeatedly assaulted,, it was all a part of go's plan, and if she becomes pregnant she should be thrilled and so grateful because it means it s a blessing and she's going to be rewarded. But oh if she kills herself because I don't know being raped and assaulted by a stranger or family member can make anyone feel that way, or commit that desperate act she is going to hell, or if she gets an abortion she is going to hell, because she is rejecting "god's will" for her, and should just be thrilled because after all god will provide. It's just as bad as the politician that said it was god's will for rape to happen, the politician who was talking about legitimate rape, and telling women to make the best out of a bad situation, but these are the same scoundrels that block financial assistance and health care. Give me a break.

You are in good company here Noelle. Religion poisons everything in this life in my opinion, and this comes from someone who spent the majority of his life in it, following, and even ministering it.

It is sickening the things that religion says is permissible and allowable, and it is among the many reasons I left behind the life of a soon-to-be minister.

• Like 1

Hi Noelle,

I'm sorry you're going through tough times--I hope you can find some peace in your life. All the bad stuff can be overwhelming at times. Looking at your sidebar, I see a lot of fun and exciting interests--sometimes we need to focus on the things that give us pleasure and let these other concerns take a back seat for a while. Not that we abandon these larger issues, but from time to time we need to let it go for a while until we get our groove back.There's a good group of people here that can help you along your way, and I hope you can stay awhile and let us share your troubles. I wish you the best!

Welcome. 

Hmmm... value only as a procreation machine OR human being with wants, desires, needs, and freedom.  Good choice you made!

Hi Noelle7,

Christians feel threatened by happy non-Christians. I want religion out of all politics. No one has the right to make me do something because of their faith hidden under the guise of morals and what's good for society. Yet we vote. Seems there is no power there as intended and athiests are a fringe minority. I wish people would stop thinking of us as angry!

• Super Moderator

You got it, Noelle7. The Abrahamic religions, in particular, have always been tools of control and the control has always been implemented by men. Today in America the corporate forces that run this country are using religion, mislabeling it as "conservative," to influence politics. People are coming to their senses but progress is slow, really slow.

I'm at the point where I would rather be in the ground than be forced to believe in god. This has nothing to do with suicide or anything like that. Just when I hear the questions, well you can believing od without proof and have a great afterlife, or you can die and just suffer, I say neither. The way religion is influencing everything in our government really frightens me. They don't want to provide the mental health services, financial assistance to low income women and family, affordable health care, protection from abuse, debt forgiveness shelter,etc. It really frightens me. Now I'm worried about abortion being outlawed some day. I know now that for the people who do work, who aren't laid off or disabled or on financial assistance, or living with someone,etc. I do know there was a bill that was passed that said employer's don't have to pay for birth control for their women employees. Birth control is expensive. I swear in Catholicism and Christianity your either a whore or mother, nothing in between. I guess you can't be single and happy or happily married without children. The get so angry if you live together with a man or woman without being married and are happy, or if you choose to stay single and have some other sort of arrangement. Oh and if having children is not for you... you might as well say go jump because your life has no meaning. WTF. I came to the atheist conclusion when I read and saw a lot of stories on the news about horrors done to the mentally ill, depressed, LBGT community, etc. I also know of a girl in high school that became pregnant at 13, by an uncle who had secretly been raping her for moths and threatened her, and the parents found out and basically condemned her for it, saying she asked for it, and saying they were going to disown her for wanting an abortion and were going to throw her out,etc. Well needless to say, she was forced to go through with the pregnancy, and obviously ahs a lot of issues, and has suicidal tendencies, and has been in and out of psych wards. The anger that I have for people like this is staggering. Whenever, I heard the whole logic of your duty being just to procreate even out of rape and incest, I wanted to hurl. So if some poor girl or women who never wanted to have children especially out of rape or incest in the first place, is repeatedly assaulted,, it was all a part of go's plan, and if she becomes pregnant she should be thrilled and so grateful because it means it s a blessing and she's going to be rewarded. But oh if she kills herself because I don't know being raped and assaulted by a stranger or family member can make anyone feel that way, or commit that desperate act she is going to hell, or if she gets an abortion she is going to hell, because she is rejecting "god's will" for her, and should just be thrilled because after all god will provide. It's just as bad as the politician that said it was god's will for rape to happen, the politician who was talking about legitimate rape, and telling women to make the best out of a bad situation, but these are the same scoundrels that block financial assistance and health care. Give me a break.

I, too, am horrified when bills are passed that severely limit safe, legal abortion.  I hate when women are treated like simple creatures that can't make up their own mind or decide what is best for their lives or their bodies.

It amazes me that the "madonna/whore" idea is still even alive in this day and age.

It's best to be out of religion and away from those misogynistic ideas.

It's best to live your life as a free, intelligent, strong woman who makes up your own mind, makes your own decisions, believes in what makes sense to you, and does what is best for you.

Thanks everyone. I know, I agree with all points. It's amazing. My mom and I talk about stuff like this, and she knew what' back alley" abortions were, that was done in my great grandmothers generation to women pregnant out of wedlock, and women with way too many mouths to feed. Many women died, and look how long it took to get Roe vs, Wade. I wonder if a lot of these politicians know that they come from women. Oh but hey they are probably too stupid to figure out, many of them are born into money, go to the best schools, get elected into office and use their "connections", marry of "pedigree", have  children, and run the political circle, oh and can pretty much vacation whenever they want to. I don't think they know jack shit about anything for the poor or middle class. But hey the have their own scandals and skeletons in the closet. They can take this religious garbage and sick twisted ways of thinking and shove it.

Evening.

Christianity = control.  It is patriarchal, therefore women in particular fall to be controlled.  What better way than trying to force them into uniform, male dominated family units?

All the rest strikes me as just part of the mechanism to that ultimate goal.

Feel oppressed.  Very, very oppressed.