Goodbye Jesus

Humility

Guest end3

To be fair, Christianity is dead in just about all Christians.

• Like 1

Humility is simple… just realize you can always learn more and that others always have things to teach.

It's not rocket science… remain teachable and realize you don't know shit.

humble = teachable.

That pretty much sums up humility to me.  To me, it's just knowing that I don't know everything, and neither does anyone else, but we all know things that can help each other out or know ways to be nice to each other.  Except for true sociopaths, people are just people and everybody has something interesting to say or some new idea to explore or are just fun to be around.

Just relax and enjoy people, take them as they are, and be reasonably pleasant.  It's a good life.

• Like 3

According to the Book of Myths, Kryasst taught us true humility. He was and is the Holy Farter, but He humbled Himself and became one of us! He sacrificed Himself to Himself on the big giant stick to save us from Himself! Glory! If that's not true humility, I don't know what is! You could learn a lot from the Lard, End, as the Spook of Kryasst who is also somehow magically Him magically allows you to be more like Kryasst. If you will allow His Sky Magic in your life... Glory!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

"Humble yourself in the sight of the lord and he will lift you up."  This is somewhat of a paradox for many christians who want the glory and accolades that come with being holy, as god is holy.  Unfortunately, they can't boast, brag, or sing their own praises like godless heathens do, because that would make them appear proud.  So they trash-talk themselves instead, thinking that such false humility will translate into deep and pure holiness in the minds of others around them.  This feeling of worthiness through worthlessness gives them the temporary satisfaction of believing that it is the lord who is lifting them up; they never realize that in putting themselves down to be lifted up in the minds of others they always only end up breaking even--it never results in them being lifted any higher than they were when they first started with the self-immolation.

Of course, this is all a subconscious effort on their part intended to make them feel better about themselves, since a good majority of christians live in guilt, fear, and self-loathing.  Ironically, when people realize who they really are and simply allow themselves to be just that, they generally find that they have the skills, talents, and positioning to be of maximum benefit to the people around them.  This affords them the opportunity to help others feel better about themselves, which in turn reflects back onto the individual offering help by way of making them feel better about themselves as well, without the need for denigration or degradation of one's true self.  In essence, it is when we allow ourselves to understand who we truly are, and become a reflection of that before the world, that we find the means of helping ourselves by helping others, which permits true humility to be manifested in our lives. 

Anyone preaching a gospel different from this is of the devil and has no part in the kingdom of Thor.

• Like 1

What i don't get is why, if they are so self-hating, do they come across as pretty much arrogant and 'holier-than-thou'? There's a lot of passive-aggression, projection and just plain meanness of spirit in most of the christians that I've known.

ya.. I don't get it.

What i don't get is why, if they are so self-hating, do they come across as pretty much arrogant and 'holier-than-thou'? There's a lot of passive-aggression, projection and just plain meanness of spirit in most of the christians that I've known.

ya.. I don't get it.

And condescending!  Don't forget that!

ya.. I don't get it.

They're confused.

ya.. I don't get it.

What else do you expect of self hating people? Is it not just exactly how self hate plays out?

ya.. I don't get it.

Self hatred is basically the cornerstone of holiness. If you hate yourself that much, imagine how you would feel about everyone else around you.

Especially when your holy book tells you all humans are worthless shit only deserving of eternal suffering.

You have to hate yourself and suppress yourself in order to find your TRUE self.   If by some miracle you DO like yourself, its because you aren't enlightened enough to know that you should hate yourself.  Doesn't sound contradictory at all to me.  I might just have to shuffle off back to church.  NOT.

Guest end3

This is interesting. What about if when Jesus was off praying.....which was a lot of the time, that he was realizing what his purpose was. In other words, what if the message is skewed towards service and self denial rather than understanding what our purpose is through alone time, i.e. prayer, meditation, doing what brings us joy......in order to then bring that to others, as did Christ.

Where does scripture say that Jesus had to discover his purpose, End?

• Like 1

Guest end3

Where does scripture say that Jesus had to discover his purpose, End?

Don't know that it does....but he was an example of what to do. Lot of people meditate, lot of people pray. Thinking a lot of people would find God if they followed what brings them joy. It's not an easy question to answer.

He was also an example of violence towards fig trees and money changers.  Wendyshrug.gif

And just because a lot of people do something, that doesn't make it right or true or even helpful.  Like overeating.

And if what gives people joy also leads them to god...

...then joyfully blowing yourself up in a crowded marketplace MUST lead suicide bombers to Allah.  (Poor argument!)

I agree btw.  It's not an easy question to answer.

But why even bother asking it in this forum, when there's other more pressing matters for you to be doing here, End?

(Unsubtle hint about something Jesus wants you to do, but which you refuse to do!)

Read the Book of James yet... o ye of little dead faith?

• Like 1

Guest Furball

delusion

/de·lu·sion/ (dĕ-loo´zhun) an idiosyncratic false belief that is firmly maintained in spite of incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary.delu´sional

• Like 2

Guest end3

delusion

[/size]/de·lu·sion/[/size] [/size]([/size]dĕ-loo´zhun[/size])[/size] [/size]an[/size] [/size]idiosyncratic[/size] [/size]false[/size] [/size]belief[/size] [/size]that[/size] [/size]is[/size] [/size]firmly [/size]maintained[/size] [/size]in[/size] [/size]spite[/size] [/size]of[/size] [/size]incontrovertible[/size] [/size]and[/size] [/size]obvious[/size] [/size]proof[/size] [/size]or[/size] [/size]evidence[/size] [/size]to[/size] [/size]the [/size]contrary.delu´sional[/size]

Go ahead and provide that proof CC...

delusion

[/size]/de·lu·sion/[/size] [/size]([/size]dĕ-loo´zhun[/size])[/size] [/size]an[/size] [/size]idiosyncratic[/size] [/size]false[/size] [/size]belief[/size] [/size]that[/size] [/size]is[/size] [/size]firmly [/size]maintained[/size] [/size]in[/size] [/size]spite[/size] [/size]of[/size] [/size]incontrovertible[/size] [/size]and[/size] [/size]obvious[/size] [/size]proof[/size] [/size]or[/size] [/size]evidence[/size] [/size]to[/size] [/size]the [/size]contrary.delu´sional[/size]

The burden of proof lies with you, End.

Prove that Christianity is not just your delusion of choice by showing us your living relationship with Jesus.

May I?  The Universe is over 13 billion years old.  Earth is over 4 billion years old.  Humans are at least

100,000 years old.  Before that our ancestors were a hominid animal.  The Book of Genesis is mythology.

None of it happened.  Without the Garden of Eden there is no Fall, no Original Sin and no need for

Atonement.  Thus there is no reason for Christ to die and a human sacrifice is barbaric and meaningless.

So there is no reason to become a Christian.  Yet despite these facts you continue on with your false

belief anyway.

• Like 4

About delusion...

End deludes himself that all he needs is to believe (and do nothing) to be a Christian.

But belief without actions leads to a dead and useless faith.

In the parable of the Three Servants, End's the one who did nothing with what his master had given him.

30 Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Guest Furball

No problem end. We will use critical thinking. 

1. Critical thinking: disciplined thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed by evidence.

Matthew 7:7  “Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

I have put this verses to the test for 14 years now, never came true, not even once. I even prayed for god to fulfill HIS WILL, thy will be done etc. and nothing happened. Nada, zip, nothing, not a peep. This alone should be enough evidence. 

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

I have asked for money and exercised faith, never happened.

Mark 11:24  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

see above quote

John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

I have asked for countless things big and small, important and not important....never received an answer to any of my requests, not once in my 13 years as a christian. If "god's word" makes promises that do not come true, then using critical thinking, i can deduce that it is not true based on factual testing. The result promised never came true. It is imaginary. 

Since a christian holds that the bible is god's infallible word, and that the scriptures cannot be broken, what do i make with the verse that says it is impossible for god to lie?

The bible teaches me that god cannot lie.

Critical thinking teaches me that god gives me numerous promises that have failed every test i subjected it too, (as a christian and a non christian).  To continue to believe these verses in spite of them failing every test of faith and belief would be delusional. 

I cannot move mountains as jesus said i would, can you or any christian? This is impossible. To believe that you can move a mountain with faith, yet knowing this is impossible is delusional thinking. This is where the christian steps in uses words like, metaphorical, or symbolic to explain the reason for the promise failing. They defend the imaginary. 

Think of homeopathy. Homeopathy, in numerous double blind testings has been proven false. Yet millions each year continue to seek out homeopathy treatment in spite of the scientifically proven testing/results. The scientifically tested and proven result is this: faith in homeopathic cures is imaginary. Yet millions still believe in it, why?

An example would be rhinoceros horns. Rhinoceros horns when grounded down and mixed with liquid are said to have healing properties. Millions seek this treatment every year, so much so, that rhinoceros' are becoming extinct. A recent double blind test proved that rhinoceros horn as an alternative medicine showed the same results as a placebo.  In other words, rhinoceros horn doesn't cure anything and the belief that it does is imaginary. Even knowing this info, millions  still seek and take this 'remedy' anyways. WHY? - Delusional.

Christians continue to believe in the promises of the bible in spite of the failure of them ever materializing. In other words, they continue to believe in the imaginary despite the proven negative results. Like the rhinoceros horn cure, over 2 billion of the world's population believe in christianity and its promises in spite of it's proven failures. WHY? - Delusional. 

2. Placebo: Something of no intrinsic remedial value that is used to appease or reassure another.

The verses listed above promise to have real intrinsic value, yet years of testing and not having the results jesus promised, i can safely know now for certain that those verses and the belief that they have real intrinsic value is imaginary. Christians use the placebo of faith in god's promises, not because they ever come true or actually heal people, but because it helps in the long run with the difficulties in life, as a crutch etc. 

Lasty, you then might ask, but what about people who HAVE experienced some christian phenomena.

3.The Power of Suggestive thought.

Here's a true story, i will keep it brief. Some well off people held a massive dinner in a banquet hall for all their guests. One of the soups that was to be prepared that night was to contain mushrooms. Now, in the garden they have both poisonous and non poisonous mushrooms. Earlier in the day, one of the children was playing with a poisonous mushroom. Having been called into the house, his mother noticed him holding the poisonous mushroom and immediately threw the mushroom onto one of the adjoining counters. Chef #1, who later came into the kitchen saw the poisonous mushroom, but left it there. Later that night, the soup was served to all the guests. Chef#1, who was not there when the soup was being prepared noticed that the poisonous mushroom that had been there earlier on the adjoining counter was missing. Assuming that chef#2 must have accidentally used the poisonous mushroom in the soup, went running out into the banquet hall and told everyone in a state of panic to not eat the soup, that it was poisoned. Immediately people began having symptoms. The dinner guests began fainting, some began vomiting, others rolled around on the floor in agony. Just then, chef#2 came in and asked what was going on. Chef#1 explained the situation at which chef#2, who prepared the soup, admitted to finding and throwing out the poisonous mushroom. Chef#2 reassured everyone that he used the non poisonous mushrooms. Almost instantly the guests began showing signs of improvement, and eventually everyone calmed down and were back to normal again.

What's the point of the story? The power of suggestion can have REAL results despite the facts being completely untrue and imaginary.

This is what happens when christians say things like, 'i, really have experienced jesus, i can feel the holy spirit's influence, i have been born again.' Others hear this and believe it as well, despite the fact that the whole thing is imaginary. This explains why people really do experience a born again feeling and really believe that they have been implanted with a new nature, yet in time it wears off and the 'born again' christian once again, finds himself/herself using swear words, giving into sexual tendencies, living as the rest of us do etc. The preacher + the bible + people's imaginary yet actually self produced experiences convinces the unbeliever that these things are all true, and so converts. 

Critical thinking/testing, when used, proves the bible, its god, and its promises to be imaginary. They never materialize. Think of a man who finds a $20 bill on the ground and notices he is wearing red socks as he bends over to pick it up. Later that month he gets a job promotion and notices that he is wearing those red socks again. He now has a belief (faith) that his socks are good luck. Are his socks really good luck? No, it is just a coincidence. The same is true with an occasional prayer that seems to have been answered. Does praying really bring the person good luck into their life? No, it's just coincidence. Belief that red socks are lucky is just as imaginary as belief that god answers all my prayers, that i can move a mountain with faith, that i was supernaturally born again by believing in jesus etc. 

Christianity has failed every test at every turn. God's word has failed every test at every turn. Jesus promises have failed every test at every turn. 

To continue believing in the imaginary despite the proven negative results, is the very definition of being delusional.

• Like 4

Coolcat, those verses are true! God cannot lie and prayer never fails! You are just not using enough faith!! It is a sin to test GOD!! REPENT, ask in TRUE FAITH, and you shall receive! Hallelujah!! Glory!

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

This is interesting. What about if when Jesus was off praying.....which was a lot of the time, that he was realizing what his purpose was. In other words, what if the message is skewed towards service and self denial rather than understanding what our purpose is through alone time, i.e. prayer, meditation, doing what brings us joy......in order to then bring that to others, as did Christ.

I guess you are on to something here end...and no I don't suggest that Jesus truly is but if he was and all I think that is exactly the point...it starts with caring for your own needs and with truly understanding and being connected with yourself. And meditation and alone time can be very beneficial to this. The only way to be truly humble is to build on your own inner resources. If you run around trying to care for others while you can't even understand your own being you just try to fill in a gap...but if you start with yourself and find out how you can fill that gap yourself by acceptance and love for your very own being with all its short comings but also all its greatness you will also have what is needed to truly be kind and awesome to others. And that is what the world needs...not self denying jerks who try to be humble because it promises the big price once they get to heaven.

Also I think you will find purpose in life if you care for your inner needs first and try to find out what makes you happy and brings you joy.

I highly encourage you to think more in those lines smile.png. I also am convinced if it turns out that Jesus was real that is exactly what he wants us to.

Guest end3

I guess you are on to something here end...and no I don't suggest that Jesus truly is but if he was and all I think that is exactly the point...it starts with caring for your own needs and with truly understanding and being connected with yourself. And meditation and alone time can be very beneficial to this. The only way to be truly humble is to build on your own inner resources. If you run around trying to care for others while you can't even understand your own being you just try to fill in a gap...but if you start with yourself and find out how you can fill that gap yourself by acceptance and love for your very own being with all its short comings but also all its greatness you will also have what is needed to truly be kind and awesome to others. And that is what the world needs...not self denying jerks who try to be humble because it promises the big price once they get to heaven.

Also I think you will find purpose in life if you care for your inner needs first and try to find out what makes you happy and brings you joy.

I highly encourage you to think more in those lines smile.png. I also am convinced if it turns out that Jesus was real that is exactly what he wants us to.

I think you are right on track M....and it's a wonderful thing to understand what brings me joy. I feel like I'm about in the same place as you are but with regrets that it took me so long to understand the step that the evangelical church seems to leave out. Thanks for the note. Good job to you.

I think you are right on track M....and it's a wonderful thing to understand what brings me joy. I feel like I'm about in the same place as you are but with regrets that it took me so long to understand the step that the evangelical church seems to leave out. Thanks for the note. Good job to you.

What brings you joy, E3? It doesn't matter if it's all about you, does it now.

You need to die to self and have the joy of the Lord. Anything else is vanity, not humility. You can't find yourself and stay with Jesus. He must increase and you must decrease or you aren't doing it right.

You can't make up your own beliefs and have a feel good religion. God hates that.

Jesus will have you hauled in in front of Him and slain in His presence, and He won't care how many mighty works you have done in His name. It's Bible, End3, and you need to remember that. He will spew you out of His mouth if you are lukewarm like this.

Again, no offence meant. I'm just trying to warn you to flee the wrath that is to come. I hope you hate your mom and dad because of Jesus, and that you have never put your hand to the plow and then looked back. I'd hate to see you cast into the outer darkness, that's all. 

I think I read somewhere that you are no longer a fundamentalist, but I wonder, what are you then? Making stuff up as you go along? It doesn't work like that. I really hope you enjoy your questions and your feeeeeeeelings, because that is all you will ever have, if you don't follow Jesus. You need to sell your cloak and buy a sword*, and you need to turn your other cheek if some sinner like me slaps your other cheek, and you need to pay total attention to The Word and not to what we apostate Hell bound sinners think about humility.

Shame on you, Christian. You should be teaching and demonstrating true Biblical humility. Calling my online friend FTNZ an arrogant bitch isn't the way to do that. Calling an entire thread of people fucking idiots (or whatever you said) isn't the way either. Asking for specifics when in your heart you know you lost it and said bad things isn't the way to draw anyone to your Christ. 

Your (and my former) Lord Jesus called a lot of people bad things, and maybe you are trying to emulate Him. That would be cool, if you also had any authority here like He had in mythology the Bible, but you don't. You are a follower (of Jesus), and as such, you are held to a higher standard. You can do greater works, right? Do some then. You don"t have to raise the dead or heal the halt or anything like that. All you have to do is admit that you were unChristlike when you lost your temper and called people bad names.

Of course, if you do that now, it will look hollow on your part. The Holy Spirit inside of you should have seen this coming.

On the other hand, when you are being an ass and calling people names, maybe you are emulating Jesus. I'm confused. What do you think, E3?

*might have been the other way around.

• Like 2