Goodbye Jesus

Don't Think Atheism Is Gaining Ground? Video From The Eighties

Bluechipx

Check this little gem out.

(again I am unable to post a link, so go to youtube and do a search for "Atheist on the hot seat-early eighties talk show)

• Super Moderator

You can skip to 2:40 if you want to avoid the silly banter.  That almost looks like a Saturday Night Live skit

or something from The Onion except I remember watching that guy when I was a Christian.

Pathetic and scripted.

However, I did spot a 'Dallas' shirt in the audience which means this show probably continues -- to this day -- to be a prime source of education for the population of Texas.

Unbelievable! She owned that debate without ever losing her composure. The host never offered a legitimate rebuttal, nothing but ad hominem attacks. Too bad the host and the audience were too idiotic to recognize the validity of her argument. Thanks for sharing. 

Ah, good ol' Wally George, a mainstay of the idiotic right-wing reactionary segment of 1980's Orange County, CA.  I remember watching this guy when I was in grad school in LA.

Ha!  Wally George.

I watched him occasionally.  His channel was on UHF (KDOC56) so I'd have to rig the old antenna to get at it (and I was on the fringe of reception so it was a snowy mess much of the time).  He was the predecessor to modern shows like Jerry Springer.  He was about as real as wrestling.  He'd hit on the all the chicks that he call whores on camera and stage most of his "fights" just to work up his audience.  As I recall he brought different guests on in different roles just because no one was the wiser.

Anyhow, I have no idea what old Wally truly thought about atheists but his audience probably hated them.

mwc