Goodbye Jesus

What If The Glorious Bullshit About Kryasst Really Is True?

Brother Jeff

I posted this to Facebook yesterday. The Spook of Kryasst who is also somehow magically Him magically inspired me to share it here too. Glory!

I sometimes get a mild case of the "what if's" about religion. I know I'm not wrong, but the question still occasionally comes up, sticks in my mind for a while, and torments me a bit.

Back in my Christian days, I loved the God of the Bible with all of my heart, and I LOVED Charismatic praise and worship services. Back then, I was SO looking forward to an eternity of worshiping the God that I loved. So when I get a case of the "what if's", I wonder what it would be like to be in Hell missing out on all of that worship, and what torment that would be, that would never end.

But then reasons prevails and I realize that there is absolutely nothing to fear. Hell doesn't exist. It's an evil, fear-based myth and a morally reprehensible concept. The God of the Bible doesn't exist either, but if he did, he would not be worthy of worship or praise.
Sure, I experienced some amazing emotional highs back in those days that were very convincing at the time and sometimes I really miss that, but now I know that the Bible is mostly just ancient myth, and the Christian religion is very easy to totally debunk. It's a fantasy, and there is nothing to fear.

I have bipolar disorder and, like our friend Henry (EternalStudent), I sometimes struggle with these issues when my illness is acting up. I KNOW that Christianity isn't true. There's no God and no awesome Heaven to miss out on, and I'm not going to be in Hell missing out on an eternal Charismatic praise and worship service. But there is still that little "what if"...

• Like 1

Good grief. I saw your post about MUFFINS for gods-sake and Facebook didn't show me this one??? That website is such random bullshit most of the time...

• Like 1

Good grief. I saw your post about MUFFINS for gods-sake and Facebook didn't show me this one??? That website is such random bullshit most of the time...

Yeah, I know! Sometimes I wonder if at least part of the reason my Christian friends rarely if ever respond to my religious posts is because they never see them. Is Facebook discriminating against me because I'm an Atheist? Hmm...

Your Christian friends could be unfollowing your posts without unfriending...?

I know where you're coming from. Whenever I get a what-if moment, I have learned to remind myself of something I've seen on this site several times: it's a religion of Bronze Age desert tribes.

And then I snap out of it.

• Like 2

I got so mad at Facebook I forgot to actually comment on the real post... tongue.png

I actually tend to go the opposite direction with the "what ifs?".

What if an all-loving God is true?

What if there really is a fantastic afterlife?

I guess I actually tend to be more hopeful than negative in that regard.

And whenever I wonder if the Christian God is true I still think I deserve an apology from that bastard. I'm not following that asshole without one.

• Like 1

I, for one, welcome our new psychotic divine overlord!

I posted this to Facebook yesterday. The Spook of Kryasst who is also somehow magically Him magically inspired me to share it here too. Glory!

I sometimes get a mild case of the "what if's" about religion. I know I'm not wrong, but the question still occasionally comes up, sticks in my mind for a while, and torments me a bit.

Back in my Christian days, I loved the God of the Bible with all of my heart, and I LOVED Charismatic praise and worship services. Back then, I was SO looking forward to an eternity of worshiping the God that I loved. So when I get a case of the "what if's", I wonder what it would be like to be in Hell missing out on all of that worship, and what torment that would be, that would never end.

But then reasons prevails and I realize that there is absolutely nothing to fear. Hell doesn't exist. It's an evil, fear-based myth and a morally reprehensible concept. The God of the Bible doesn't exist either, but if he did, he would not be worthy of worship or praise.

Sure, I experienced some amazing emotional highs back in those days that were very convincing at the time and sometimes I really miss that, but now I know that the Bible is mostly just ancient myth, and the Christian religion is very easy to totally debunk. It's a fantasy, and there is nothing to fear.

I have bipolar disorder and, like our friend Henry (EternalStudent), I sometimes struggle with these issues when my illness is acting up. I KNOW that Christianity isn't true. There's no God and no awesome Heaven to miss out on, and I'm not going to be in Hell missing out on an eternal Charismatic praise and worship service. But there is still that little "what if"...

Great post!!

Brother Jeff, i get that thought every so often also. I think the reason i question myself is becuase a majority(not sure of the actual percentage but i know it is high) believe this as if it were a fact that a God of some type exists. I don't have an answer as to why other than that it seems most people dont want to do their own work and excepting that there is a God gives them the quick answer. Is instant gratafication the reason most people look at God as the answer to unexplained events to our unexplained existence? What do you think?

Spot on, Jeff. Really nice post.

• Like 1

Your Christian friends could be unfollowing your posts without unfriending...?

Yes, I'm sure some of them have done that...

I got so mad at Facebook I forgot to actually comment on the real post... tongue.png

I actually tend to go the opposite direction with the "what ifs?".

What if an all-loving God is true?

What if there really is a fantastic afterlife?

I guess I actually tend to be more hopeful than negative in that regard.

And whenever I wonder if the Christian God is true I still think I deserve an apology from that bastard. I'm not following that asshole without one.

Even if the Christian God is real, he is not loving and he is not good, and we both know that now. So yeah, he has a lot to apologize for!

Great post!!

Brother Jeff, i get that thought every so often also. I think the reason i question myself is becuase a majority(not sure of the actual percentage but i know it is high) believe this as if it were a fact that a God of some type exists. I don't have an answer as to why other than that it seems most people dont want to do their own work and excepting that there is a God gives them the quick answer. Is instant gratafication the reason most people look at God as the answer to unexplained events to our unexplained existence? What do you think?

Yeah, and many believers never have reason to seriously question the existence of God. They just take it for granted and never do their homework. Anyone who looks into the question of the existence of God is likely to come away as either an atheist or an agnostic, especially if they study modern cosmology, which has reached the conclusion that we are living in an eternal multiverse. Anyone who looks into the Bible or the Christian religion too much is likely to come away realizing that the Bible is mostly ancient mythology and the Christian religion cannot possibly be true. 

My 2 cents, but I think I am pretty well spot on... Glory! :)

• Like 1