Goodbye Jesus

The Arrogance Of God And His Drones

Castiel233

Most of us are aware, all too aware of the nature of Bible god, or Yahweh the tyrant to give him his proper title......

Still it is perhaps worth reflecting on the nature of this evil fictional beast, who, from the pages of his shitty and hateful book continues to stunt and terrify humanity.

A recap;

Yahweh ( a tribal deity living in the desert) decides to create human beings, for reasons all to do with his fragile ego and desire to be worshipped. He is, in essence , a self absorbed and nasty psychopath.

As soon as he has made Adam and Eve and they stand blinking and fearful in the garden of Eden, Yahweh already knows he will be sending them , and nearly all their descendants to a flaming lake of fire for ever....... Aware of the sheer wickedness of his plan, Yahweh-the unmerciful proceeds anyway....we are never really meant to understand his reason, our role is to tremble in the dirt like Job and beg him not to hurt us after we die....a forlorn wish as he makes quite clear in his dreadful books, that it is indeed his desired outcome.

His drones, filling the back of their trousers at what this hateful, all knowing, all seeing (yet invisible)  dictator might do to them, attempt to find his favour by killing and maiming their  way through the world to make him happy. His first fan club , the Jews, try in vain to placate his anger (which burns forever), by offing harmless animals and letting  the creator of the universe sniff the remains, something he appears to quite like. The Christians, his second fan club, up the ante, by moving on from burning lower animals to human beings. Yahweh does zero to stop them and watches with soulless eyes as "witches" and "heretics"  are sent screaming to the flames.

After the church and the faithful have spent  several centuries killing anyone who refuses to think (at least in public) exactly like them, a few brave souls venture that Christianity might actually be a bunch of bull shit and the idea that there is an invisible monster sitting on a throne in the sky  next to his own son (who is also himself), reading your  thoughts and watching you go to the toilet is a rather far fetched and stupid one.

The church , who has long owned slaves and advocated to continue to do so, grows alarmed that their crappy and ridiculous fairy tales are starting to lose out in the market place of ideas and attempt to assert their power, but to little avail.

Unable to burn and kill doubters, the faithful instead try to win over new converts by "reason" (try not to laugh) and paid charlatans get up on stage and earn a living trying to defend the indefensible. They are so full of shit, one is almost filled with pity as one watches them waste their one life , desperately trying to explain (with a straight face no less), that slavery, murder and torture and just and holy. Not content with being immoral and sanctimonious ass-holes, these shallow and vindictive mind rapists have the nerve to preach family values (based on the teachings of women hating virgins), while continuously getting caught with mistresses and prostitutes.

Their arrogance and the vileness of their shitty god, sicken me      

• Like 4

Dayumn, Castiel hits one out of the park!  Great rant, and true.

.we are never really meant to understand his reason, 

Yahweh may mean us harm, but he does us no harm.  His curses feel like blessings to us -- his flames have never resulted in any ultimate pain for us, and never will.  If cursing me makes life significant to him, then we should be empathetically joyful with him as he curses us.  We could even pretend to convulse with agony in order to elevate his pleasure?  We can tolerate, respect, and indulge those whom we see harmlessly interested and happy in their own ways, however unintelligible these may be to us.  It is easy for an exChristian to have a distaste for the idea of Yahweh. H.G. Wells wrote about Yahweh: "I hated him while I still believed in him, and who could help but hate? I thought of him as a fantastic monster, perpetually spying, perpetually listening, perpetually waiting to condemn and to "strike me dead"; his flames as ready as a grillroom fire." To me, this is needless hostility without common human sympathy.  When we can, with so little effort and sacrifice, make him happy, we should take those steps to do so, even when we don't share his own tastes and preferences.

AWESOME rant, by the way!  And I totally agree!  Christianity is malign and not benign so long as its Scriptures contain passages like this:   "Men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.  They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done.  They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.  With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood!"  2 Peter 2:12-14.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic, llwellyn.

About flames not causing pain, that is.

I have a small scar in the center of my left hand, where a blob of molten nylon landed, stuck and burned thru several layers of skin.  It hurt like hell!  

Is this not a tiny foretaste of the eternal agonies I can expect from the raging fires of hell - as per the Biblical description of the Lake of Fire?

Please clarify and explain what you mean.

I've read several posts from you about hell and I just don't understand your pain-free, suffering-free, joy-filled take on that nightmarish place.

Thanks,

BAA.

I just don't understand your pain-free, suffering-free, joy-filled take on that nightmarish place.

Hey, I know I'm being odd, and I don't mean to derail this thread.  Obviously there is no Yahweh, and there is no God. There is no life after death, no heaven, no hell.  Obiously any thought about "divine good," "divine curses," and "divine blessings" is purely a thought experiment.  Of course, there is no "absolute good" or "absolute evil" -- our moral economy is one in which good conflicts with good and right with right.  Morals are related to human weal and woe, to human and social needs, and to the feasible alternatives of action open to mankind at any historical time.  But in terms of an audacious thought experiment, I do think that it is clarifying.  Squeezing the thistle boldly robs it of its sting.  In this thought experiment, begin by presuming the Biblical claim that "What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight." Luke 16:15.  If so, then your nylon burn would be a foretaste of what Christians can expect of heaven rather than what atheists would expect of hell.  Did you pull off that blob of burning nylon from your hand?  In heaven it would stay there -- "Ye should not do those things which ye desire."  Galatians 5:17.  As Yahweh's idea of good is so very different from ours, what He calls Heaven is what we should call Hell, and vice-versa.  The thought experiment shows that the knot comes undone when you pull it tight.

To add:

The idea that a perfect god,  creates an imperfect world, with the fore knowledge that it would not to be to his liking, and who blames his own creation for the faults he has preloaded them with , yet demands they demean themselves and beg forgiveness for being the way he intended them to be, is laughable

• Like 1

Guest Furball

Don't forget the good news! - We're all going to hell when we die!

Castiel whoopin' that divine ass!

Preach the real truth brother. -Cat

Guest Furball

Not content with being immoral and sanctimonious ass-holes, these shallow and vindictive mind rapists have the nerve to preach family values (based on the teachings of women hating virgins), while continuously getting caught with mistresses and prostitutes.

Their arrogance and the vileness of their shitty god, sicken me      

Like that duggar asshole who admitted to molesting little kids. This dick of all trades has been going around condemning homosexuals and telling all of us unbelievers that we're all disgusting in god's sight and going to hell. Then he gets caught and now from what i have heard on the news he wants the public to go easy on him and forgive him for making a "mistake". Yes, he actually referred to molesting innocent children as a mistake.

You hear that everyone? An unbeliever get's caught up in some crime and he deserves no mercy. This duggar asshole gets caught molesting defenseless kids and he wants the same public he has been condemning and preacher hatred towards to now have mercy on him. 

The duggar family also stated that this situation brought them closer to god. Yeah i bet it did, considering the god of the bible is pro rape no matter what the female's age is. 

I agree with Castiel, this whole religion of christ-insanity makes me physically sick. Shame on you christians, and your despicable god. 

• Like 1

I just don't understand your pain-free, suffering-free, joy-filled take on that nightmarish place.

Hey, I know I'm being odd, and I don't mean to derail this thread.  Obviously there is no Yahweh, and there is no God. There is no life after death, no heaven, no hell.  Obiously any thought about "divine good," "divine curses," and "divine blessings" is purely a thought experiment.  Of course, there is no "absolute good" or "absolute evil" -- our moral economy is one in which good conflicts with good and right with right.  Morals are related to human weal and woe, to human and social needs, and to the feasible alternatives of action open to mankind at any historical time.  But in terms of an audacious thought experiment, I do think that it is clarifying.  Squeezing the thistle boldly robs it of its sting.  In this thought experiment, begin by presuming the Biblical claim that "What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight." Luke 16:15.  If so, then your nylon burn would be a foretaste of what Christians can expect of heaven rather than what atheists would expect of hell.  Did you pull off that blob of burning nylon from your hand?  

Nope!  It fell off on it's own, taking several layers of charred skin with it and exposing the connective tissue underneath.  I suppose that made it  a third-degree burn.  Highly localized, but still deep.

In heaven it would stay there -- "Ye should not do those things which ye desire."  Galatians 5:17.  As Yahweh's idea of good is so very different from ours, what He calls Heaven is what we should call Hell, and vice-versa.  The thought experiment shows that the knot comes undone when you pull it tight.

Ok Llwellyn, I think I see what you mean now.  

Thank for the explanation.  :)

BAA.

Ok Llwellyn, I think I see what you mean now.  

Thank for the explanation.  smile.png

BAA.

Thank you for trying to understand.  biggrin.png   I imagine you're probably just indulging me by saying that you follow my logic, but at the very least you acknowledge that I think my logic follows.  That's good enough and is as much as we can expect from one another.  10.gif

Guest sylensikeelyoo

The good news is, that we will all be roommates in Hell. *high fives all around*

Seriously though. Good rant. Never thought of it quite like that but its so true.