Goodbye Jesus

Princeton's John Nash Dies In A Car Crash.

ContraBardus

This seemed the most appropriate place for this, as the most people who would understand just what we've lost with this news will frequent this area of the forums.

He and his wife were apparently not wearing seatbelts. It always really bothers me when someone so smart dies from something so stupid.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32865248

Wow... :(

RIP.

They were in the back of a taxi cab. You don't normally wear seat belts in a taxi cab.

Besides winning the Nobel Prize, last year he won another very prestigious prize for a different achievement. The movie also was very good. Too bad.

I am so glad he was able to share with the world his remarkable genius and that his wife was a very supportive person. Goodbye Mr. and Mrs. Nash and Thank You.

Well if it softens the blow, he was a douchebag to his wife and they were divorced for a good many years. :)

But yes, it's a loss to the mathematical community and to humanity as a whole. I at least take solace in the fact that we needn't search Christian scripture attempting to divine a reason for what is simply a tragic result of circumstance.