Goodbye Jesus

Snail Rescue

Castiel233

I took my mum shopping today, anyway when I got home , I noticed a snail on the front door, one that had been trodden on (perhaps by the postman). So I came into the house and “asked” the internet, if it could survive or not.......basically the answer was depending on how bad the shell was cracked.

I really really hate to see suffering (the humanist respect I have for the one life we have). So I cleaned the wound as best as I could, then it was placed in the back garden with sweetcorn, to see if it could recover or not. My wife  felt the break to the shell wasn't that bad....so time will tell.

As with a lot of people , I have a horror of creepy crawlies, so I had to take the worlds biggest breath to get down on the wet concrete and clean it up....

But as Ingersoll so famously said:

The hands that help are better far than lips that pray 

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

Don't forget to do rehab after it heals. You wouldn't want him to end up limping for the rest of his life. wacko.png

I keep snails (small and giant) as terrarium pets and have seen them repair some pretty bad cracks and missing pieces. Good for you for helping the little gu...uh, hermaphrodite.

Don't forget to do rehab after it heals. You wouldn't want him to end up limping for the rest of his life. wacko.png

Get him on a treadmill and a low salt (haha) diet.

• Like 1

Guest Furball

You showed more compassion towards that snail than god ever did towards humanity. Good for you castiel. smile.png

• Like 2

Great save Castiel!

I look at life the same as you do now. I use to stomp spiders, bugs, and insects of all types when i was a Xtian. I was taught that humans were the only ones with a soul so it really didn't matter if i smashed them. Now after my deconversion, i look at it completely different. What makes my existence on this earth more important than that of your snail? Answer: Nothing. We both serve a function on this earth but the irony is which one of us is actually doing more to help this planet, us or the snail?

So does that make anyone who has crushed more than a few bugs a mass murderer? It is all about semantics, isn't it?

Anyhow, excellent save.

• Super Moderator

I never did kill little critters just because they're there. However, around these parts the mosquitoes, roaches, no-see-ums and brown widow spiders simply must be eradicated by any means available. It's them or us. All snakes, lizards, bats and even fruit rats are welcome, though.

I never did kill little critters just because they're there. However, around these parts the mosquitoes, roaches, no-see-ums and brown widow spiders simply must be eradicated by any means available. It's them or us. All snakes, lizards, bats and even fruit rats are welcome, though.

That makes sense. If there is a danger to your life it is understandable. Good point florduh.

It was just hard for me to believe how much i didn't even think about killing an insect because it was just there. I just did it and no second thoughts.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

I really REALLY know how you feel. When I was little, I was playing at the park during the summer at my daycare center. I had just eaten lunch and my friends ran off to play. I sat back under the pavilion to watch the ants swarm at the crumbs that we all left behind from our sandwiches and cookies. I watched this large ant grab a HIGE cookie crumb and take it back to his home. He was really big and "buff" from an ant's point of view anyway.

Well, u watched him for a while, then for no reason whatsoever, I smooshed him with my thumb. Immediately, I was overcome with guilt and sadness. (I was five). I tried to scoop him in my hands and do CPR like I saw on TV...he was too tiny, it only made things worse. I sat and watched him suffer as he died...from his injuries from me, and I cried and sobbed till a teacher saw me and asked what was wrong. When I told her what happened, she laughed at me.

From that day on, I always made sure not to kill any bugs, no matter how scary they looked or how creeped out I was. I guess you can say that I have been consistently "pro-life" as long as I could remember.

I understand how you feel when you feel deeply for this creature, and people say that you are weird because its "just a bug"... NO. it is a life. And it has feelings. And just because I can empathize doesn't make me weird.

Awesome! I rescue ants and wasps (and anything else living) from my dogs' wading pool. I rescue everything, as I am "moved by compassion" as someone once said.

Nice to know there are a few of us out there!

You showed more compassion towards that snail than god ever did towards humanity. Good for you castiel. smile.png

Not to derail this glorious thread, but wait just a minute! That is so wrong!! God sacrificed Himself to Himself to save us from Himself! Not only did He Croak in the Spook and then Magically Undeaden Himself, He kicked the Talking Snake's ass too! He did it all for us! If that's not love, I don't know what is! Thank you, Jesus! Hell, I thank all three Versions of the Lard! They may all somehow magically be Each Other, but they are all worthy of praise and glory! Glory!

Awesome job with the snail! When I was a kid, I tried to save a roach one time. I noticed that it was dead/dying, and I rushed into the living room and asked my parents what roaches ate...while they were visiting with company! I'm sure they were very blush.png blush.png blush.png , lol... I was too late anyway. I'm pretty sure the roach had already Croaked in the Spook.

I have a mass funeral for all of the insects smashed on the front of my motorcycle at the end of every day.

• Like 2

Giving a little honey to a bee that is too exhausted to fly can work wonders.

Giving a little honey to a bee that is too exhausted to fly can work wonders.

Sugar water works too.