Goodbye Jesus

God Is Good. All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Wow. Outstanding!

Pretty great re-interpretation. 3.gif

• Like 1

Thankfully I held off drinking anymore tea before reading this. Well played ma'am, very well played! lol

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Cool thanks! You think I should submit this story to the main blog (after I correct my grammatical and punctuation errors)?

• Like 2

Cool thanks! You think I should submit this story to the main blog (after I correct my grammatical and punctuation errors)?

Absolutely!!

Where was the dad?

Yes you should, Sy. It's very good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Where was the dad?

Lol smartass. <3 Dad is irrelevant to the story as it's an analogy for Genesis chapter 3. I was just putting it in the perspective of a more relateable parallel. But you knew that already. You're just fucking with me. I like it. ;)

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Yes you should, Sy. It's very good.

Thanks Dude! I went ahead and submitted it. If webmaster Dave likes it as much as y'all did, we should see it in the main blog in a couple weeks or so! :) coolness.

That was amazing!

Where was the dad?

Lol smartass. <3 Dad is irrelevant to the story as it's an analogy for Genesis chapter 3. I was just putting it in the perspective of a more relateable parallel. But you knew that already. You're just fucking with me. I like it. ;)

:)

Excellent! I made a similar analogy when I first deconverted, but it was with kids in my living room and leaving a loaded gun on the table - telling them not to touch the weapon. Of course, a child doesn't even understand what death is, much less the consequences of killing something. Adam and Eve supposedly didn't know what death was - how could they be expected to fear it?!

Ancient myths are so lame when you think about it. :D

• Like 3

*Slow Clap* That was fan-fricken-tastic, Sylens!! I've been disturbed by the psychotic, abusive nature of "God the father" since childhood. Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo! What will you do for an encore?

Forgot to add: I have always despised that warm-fuzzy mantra. When someone says that, I get an almost uncontrollable urge to show them a picture of a starving child and say, "Now tell me again how good your god is!"

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Lol awesome thanks CO! For an encore, I was thinking maybe tackling the "wisdom" of God next. The Tower of Babel will be my focus, and I will use that story to dismantle God's wisdom, piece by piece. Also, I gotta hand it to ya CO, I smiled so big when you said,

Forgot to add: I have always despised that warm-fuzzy mantra. When someone says that, I get an almost uncontrollable urge to show them a picture of a starving child and say, "Now tell me again how good your god is!"

Because I have always thought the exact same thing, only a little darker.I was like, what about those little children all over the world who are being abused and beaten and tortured to death by their psychopath parents? How can I sit here and chant this mantra every Sunday when there's shit like that going on?

Guest end3

I used to have to robotically recite this mantra every Sunday for years. It wasn't until just before my deconversion that I'd really, REALLY thought about it. Was God good, ALL THE TIME? All one really had to do was open up his bible and read a couple pages to really doubt the veracity of this mindless mantra. What am I babbling on about, the Christian asks? The Atheists know where I'm going. Original sin. That's right. If Yahweh is oh so loving and such a good and perfect father, than explain this shit to me. Let me just give you a little analogy, so you can see what I see when I read this story:

First off, I am a mom of 3 and a pharmacy student. I like to think of myself as a good mom. But as I read the story of original sin without the rose colored glasses of religion, I began to wonder. What if I had Yahweh's personality and this story played out like this.....

Say we fast forward a couple years and I have my Doctorate and I start my own Pharmaceutical company. I become successful and wealthy and I have a BIG mansion for my kids and I to live in together. In the middle of the complex, there's a playground with lots of trees and pets for my kids to enjoy as they please. There is even a garden in there that my kids and I plant and grow our favorite fruits!

So one day, I decide to bring work home with me. There is this medication I am working on and the main ingredient requires this plant, right? This plant, when smoked or eaten, can cause dizziness, relaxation, pain relief, paranoia or mild hallucinations, it just depends on the dose. It has been thought to cure cancer or cause severe brain damage, it just depends on who you talk to. One thing is for certain, the pharmaceutical possibilities are endless, and since the federal ban was recently lifted (this is the future, after all) I now have an opportunity to make my company a TON of money with this plant. I'm sure you have an idea of which plant I'm talking about.

So, I take this plant, for some reason, and I plant it in the middle of the garden in the playground where my kids play. And I gather my children to me and I tell them very sternly, "DO NOT EAT THIS PLANT. DONT EVEN TOUCH IT. OR YOU ARE GONNA DIE!!!"

My children, not really knowing what "die" means, say to me, "Okay mommy. Sure. We'll leave your plant alone." And they run off and play.

So then, I leave my children alone in their playground, with this plant, and I go back to work. On my way out the door, I see an ex-employee of mine. Let's just call her Lucy. This crazy bitch tried to pull some sneaky shit during the early days of my company and almost took it over. I fired her ass immediately. Now she hates me, and is doing everything she can to destroy me and my children. So what do I do? I walk right past her and turn around and watch her go into my house, toward my children. I keep walking. I go on to work anyway, leaving Lucy alone in my house with my children, whom she wants to destroy. And I know it.

So Lucy goes into the playground with my kids and she says to them, "Hey, kids, what's up with that funny looking plant over there in the garden? Bet your mean ol mom doesn't want you guys to try it, huh?"

They answer her like good, obedient children, and say, "mom says we can't even touch it or we'll die"

Lucy laughs. "Oh get real. You're not gonna die just by touching it, watch! In fact, do you even know what this plant is? Your mom is using it to make medicine for people! It helps people feel better! Grown ups use it all the time when they want to relieve stress. Hell, your mom even uses this stuff when she's feeling overwhelmed sometimes! This stuff will open up your mind and give you really deep thoughts, and you'll be JUST LIKE YOUR MOM!! Wanna just give it a try?"

So with a convincing argument like that, my innocent, trusting children eat some of the leaves of this plant.

When I get home, I see Lucy leaving, laughing her ass off. I run into the garden where my kids are, and they are hiding in the bushes, naked. They are tripping balls and are paranoid and confused and disconnected with reality. I know exactly what happened. But I ask them anyway. "Did you eat that plant?" The kids are nodding their heads and rambling incoherently, pointing fingers at each other.

So what do I do? I curse them. And kick them out of my house. What, did you expect me to cuddle them and give them water and nurse my children through their bad trip? FUCK NO I give em clothes but that's about all I do. I have completely disowned them and threw them out of my house and placed armed guards at the doors. I am so moral and righteous that there is no way I can forgive my kids for rebelling against me at this time. I have to carefully devise an overly complicated plan to get pregnant again, have that new child, wait till he gets older, and then beat the shit outta him till he dies, then I can forgive my children of what they did in the garden that day. But only if they accept it though. That's the thing, I can't just forgive my children or their children for the original transgression. They have to accept my child that I tortured and killed and believe in him before I could forgive my other children. Not only that, but of they DONT, if they want to continue living separate from me and refuse to believe in this sick setup I have going on, and they reject me as a mother, I will kidnap them, throw them into a pit and light them on fire.

So, having said all that, do I sound "good" to you? Or did I just describe a psychopath? God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good.

And if your children would have obeyed?

I used to have to robotically recite this mantra every Sunday for years. It wasn't until just before my deconversion that I'd really, REALLY thought about it. Was God good, ALL THE TIME? All one really had to do was open up his bible and read a couple pages to really doubt the veracity of this mindless mantra. What am I babbling on about, the Christian asks? The Atheists know where I'm going. Original sin. That's right. If Yahweh is oh so loving and such a good and perfect father, than explain this shit to me. Let me just give you a little analogy, so you can see what I see when I read this story:First off, I am a mom of 3 and a pharmacy student. I like to think of myself as a good mom. But as I read the story of original sin without the rose colored glasses of religion, I began to wonder. What if I had Yahweh's personality and this story played out like this.....Say we fast forward a couple years and I have my Doctorate and I start my own Pharmaceutical company. I become successful and wealthy and I have a BIG mansion for my kids and I to live in together. In the middle of the complex, there's a playground with lots of trees and pets for my kids to enjoy as they please. There is even a garden in there that my kids and I plant and grow our favorite fruits!So one day, I decide to bring work home with me. There is this medication I am working on and the main ingredient requires this plant, right? This plant, when smoked or eaten, can cause dizziness, relaxation, pain relief, paranoia or mild hallucinations, it just depends on the dose. It has been thought to cure cancer or cause severe brain damage, it just depends on who you talk to. One thing is for certain, the pharmaceutical possibilities are endless, and since the federal ban was recently lifted (this is the future, after all) I now have an opportunity to make my company a TON of money with this plant. I'm sure you have an idea of which plant I'm talking about.So, I take this plant, for some reason, and I plant it in the middle of the garden in the playground where my kids play. And I gather my children to me and I tell them very sternly, "DO NOT EAT THIS PLANT. DONT EVEN TOUCH IT. OR YOU ARE GONNA DIE!!!"My children, not really knowing what "die" means, say to me, "Okay mommy. Sure. We'll leave your plant alone." And they run off and play.So then, I leave my children alone in their playground, with this plant, and I go back to work. On my way out the door, I see an ex-employee of mine. Let's just call her Lucy. This crazy bitch tried to pull some sneaky shit during the early days of my company and almost took it over. I fired her ass immediately. Now she hates me, and is doing everything she can to destroy me and my children. So what do I do? I walk right past her and turn around and watch her go into my house, toward my children. I keep walking. I go on to work anyway, leaving Lucy alone in my house with my children, whom she wants to destroy. And I know it.So Lucy goes into the playground with my kids and she says to them, "Hey, kids, what's up with that funny looking plant over there in the garden? Bet your mean ol mom doesn't want you guys to try it, huh?"They answer her like good, obedient children, and say, "mom says we can't even touch it or we'll die"Lucy laughs. "Oh get real. You're not gonna die just by touching it, watch! In fact, do you even know what this plant is? Your mom is using it to make medicine for people! It helps people feel better! Grown ups use it all the time when they want to relieve stress. Hell, your mom even uses this stuff when she's feeling overwhelmed sometimes! This stuff will open up your mind and give you really deep thoughts, and you'll be JUST LIKE YOUR MOM!! Wanna just give it a try?"So with a convincing argument like that, my innocent, trusting children eat some of the leaves of this plant.When I get home, I see Lucy leaving, laughing her ass off. I run into the garden where my kids are, and they are hiding in the bushes, naked. They are tripping balls and are paranoid and confused and disconnected with reality. I know exactly what happened. But I ask them anyway. "Did you eat that plant?" The kids are nodding their heads and rambling incoherently, pointing fingers at each other.So what do I do? I curse them. And kick them out of my house. What, did you expect me to cuddle them and give them water and nurse my children through their bad trip? FUCK NO I give em clothes but that's about all I do. I have completely disowned them and threw them out of my house and placed armed guards at the doors. I am so moral and righteous that there is no way I can forgive my kids for rebelling against me at this time. I have to carefully devise an overly complicated plan to get pregnant again, have that new child, wait till he gets older, and then beat the shit outta him till he dies, then I can forgive my children of what they did in the garden that day. But only if they accept it though. That's the thing, I can't just forgive my children or their children for the original transgression. They have to accept my child that I tortured and killed and believe in him before I could forgive my other children. Not only that, but of they DONT, if they want to continue living separate from me and refuse to believe in this sick setup I have going on, and they reject me as a mother, I will kidnap them, throw them into a pit and light them on fire.So, having said all that, do I sound "good" to you? Or did I just describe a psychopath? God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good.

Well, God knows everything doesn't he?

So he should've known that his children weren't going to obey, and he shouldn't have been sadistic and screwed them over.

• Like 3

Guest end3

I used to have to robotically recite this mantra every Sunday for years. It wasn't until just before my deconversion that I'd really, REALLY thought about it. Was God good, ALL THE TIME? All one really had to do was open up his bible and read a couple pages to really doubt the veracity of this mindless mantra. What am I babbling on about, the Christian asks? The Atheists know where I'm going. Original sin. That's right. If Yahweh is oh so loving and such a good and perfect father, than explain this shit to me. Let me just give you a little analogy, so you can see what I see when I read this story:First off, I am a mom of 3 and a pharmacy student. I like to think of myself as a good mom. But as I read the story of original sin without the rose colored glasses of religion, I began to wonder. What if I had Yahweh's personality and this story played out like this.....Say we fast forward a couple years and I have my Doctorate and I start my own Pharmaceutical company. I become successful and wealthy and I have a BIG mansion for my kids and I to live in together. In the middle of the complex, there's a playground with lots of trees and pets for my kids to enjoy as they please. There is even a garden in there that my kids and I plant and grow our favorite fruits!So one day, I decide to bring work home with me. There is this medication I am working on and the main ingredient requires this plant, right? This plant, when smoked or eaten, can cause dizziness, relaxation, pain relief, paranoia or mild hallucinations, it just depends on the dose. It has been thought to cure cancer or cause severe brain damage, it just depends on who you talk to. One thing is for certain, the pharmaceutical possibilities are endless, and since the federal ban was recently lifted (this is the future, after all) I now have an opportunity to make my company a TON of money with this plant. I'm sure you have an idea of which plant I'm talking about.So, I take this plant, for some reason, and I plant it in the middle of the garden in the playground where my kids play. And I gather my children to me and I tell them very sternly, "DO NOT EAT THIS PLANT. DONT EVEN TOUCH IT. OR YOU ARE GONNA DIE!!!"My children, not really knowing what "die" means, say to me, "Okay mommy. Sure. We'll leave your plant alone." And they run off and play.So then, I leave my children alone in their playground, with this plant, and I go back to work. On my way out the door, I see an ex-employee of mine. Let's just call her Lucy. This crazy bitch tried to pull some sneaky shit during the early days of my company and almost took it over. I fired her ass immediately. Now she hates me, and is doing everything she can to destroy me and my children. So what do I do? I walk right past her and turn around and watch her go into my house, toward my children. I keep walking. I go on to work anyway, leaving Lucy alone in my house with my children, whom she wants to destroy. And I know it.So Lucy goes into the playground with my kids and she says to them, "Hey, kids, what's up with that funny looking plant over there in the garden? Bet your mean ol mom doesn't want you guys to try it, huh?"They answer her like good, obedient children, and say, "mom says we can't even touch it or we'll die"Lucy laughs. "Oh get real. You're not gonna die just by touching it, watch! In fact, do you even know what this plant is? Your mom is using it to make medicine for people! It helps people feel better! Grown ups use it all the time when they want to relieve stress. Hell, your mom even uses this stuff when she's feeling overwhelmed sometimes! This stuff will open up your mind and give you really deep thoughts, and you'll be JUST LIKE YOUR MOM!! Wanna just give it a try?"So with a convincing argument like that, my innocent, trusting children eat some of the leaves of this plant.When I get home, I see Lucy leaving, laughing her ass off. I run into the garden where my kids are, and they are hiding in the bushes, naked. They are tripping balls and are paranoid and confused and disconnected with reality. I know exactly what happened. But I ask them anyway. "Did you eat that plant?" The kids are nodding their heads and rambling incoherently, pointing fingers at each other.So what do I do? I curse them. And kick them out of my house. What, did you expect me to cuddle them and give them water and nurse my children through their bad trip? FUCK NO I give em clothes but that's about all I do. I have completely disowned them and threw them out of my house and placed armed guards at the doors. I am so moral and righteous that there is no way I can forgive my kids for rebelling against me at this time. I have to carefully devise an overly complicated plan to get pregnant again, have that new child, wait till he gets older, and then beat the shit outta him till he dies, then I can forgive my children of what they did in the garden that day. But only if they accept it though. That's the thing, I can't just forgive my children or their children for the original transgression. They have to accept my child that I tortured and killed and believe in him before I could forgive my other children. Not only that, but of they DONT, if they want to continue living separate from me and refuse to believe in this sick setup I have going on, and they reject me as a mother, I will kidnap them, throw them into a pit and light them on fire.So, having said all that, do I sound "good" to you? Or did I just describe a psychopath? God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good.

Well, God knows everything doesn't he?

So he should've known that his children weren't going to obey, and he shouldn't have been sadistic and screwed them over.

If there were a set of rules today that you knew would bring trust, happiness, etc.... would you follow them as an adult?

John Hagee would be pumping gas somewhere.

• Like 1

Well, God knows everything doesn't he?So he should've known that his children weren't going to obey, and he shouldn't have been sadistic and screwed them over.
If there were a set of rules today that you knew would bring trust, happiness, etc.... would you follow them as an adult?

Way to avoid the point. Again, if God does really know everything then God knew they weren't going to listen because they were tempted. Why set people up with this expectation if you know in advance that they weren't capable? That's manipulative.

And you have to keep in mind that these were humans who were innocent and knew nothing of the world or evil...similar to babies almost. Of course they would screw up sometime down the line, that's natural human behavior. Babies grow up and grow into toddlers with tantrums. It's unrealistic for God to have expected perfection from powerless creations of his.

• Like 3

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Okay. Looks like I'm gonna have to simplify this even further for the religious zombies, though I fear I am wasting my time. If this story isn't compelling enough, nothing will be. Think about the story I just told. Forget about what the pastors keep telling you, forget about Genesis 3.

In MY story, there were five characters. Me, my three children, and Lucy. Of these five, who was REALLY at fault for what happened? If you say my three kids, YOU are sick. And you don't know what true love, mercy, grace, and overall decency is. They were innocent, and they made 1 mistake. They listened to the arguments of someone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about. Not only that, but quite frankly, what kind of parent allows obvious threats around their innocent children. To say they should have known better is absurd. ME, AS THE PARENT, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER. I shouldn't have even placed that forbidden, harmful plant where my kids play, and I shouldn't have allowed my enemy into my house. My job as a parent is to love and protect my children, not set them up with impossible tests that will lead to their doom. That is just WRONG. Any being who calls himself GOOD and then operates in that manner with his creation is a fucking LIAR. That being is EVIL. And psychotic.

• Like 6

Guest end3

Not sure I see your point, because you are an adult and still do things that are adverse to some standard, ANY standard....just because you want to. My point is if he would have put know it all adults out there, there would have been the same result. Narrow is the Door ma'am. Not sure we know that Adam and Eve were tiny tots anyhow....now go count some pills...peace.

end3 - you just don't get it.  You can't even take your religious glasses off for half a second to answer her question about her story, can you?  Afraid lighting will strike?  I assure you, it won't...trust us.  Now go have another jug of Kool-Aid.

• Like 1

Not sure I see your point, because you are an adult and still do things that are adverse to some standard, ANY standard....just because you want to. My point is if he would have put know it all adults out there, there would have been the same result. Narrow is the Door ma'am. Not sure we know that Adam and Eve were tiny tots anyhow....now go count some pills...peace.

Stop acting dumb, E3, we know better. Just allow yourself the grace to admit defeat in this. 

If you want to keep believing the Adam and Eve myth go ahead, but believe it the way it was written without your own spin. God put Adam and Eve in the garden when they didn't know good from evil. It wasn't their fault that they didn't know. It wasn't the serpent's fault for doing what the serpent was created to do. The fault lies with God only, because he was the all knowing one in control of everything. 

You can try to twist it till you you are blue in the face but it won't change anything. 

• Like 3