Goodbye Jesus

Star Wars

EyesOpened

Ever since opening day, back in the 70's, i was hooked on this movie and the 5 movies that followed. I have been reading a lot about episode 7 and i am starting to really get into it. At first i was skeptical due to the fact Lucas sold out and i felt that the story has come full circle. I was looking at images and reading feedback about SW7 and i like what i see so far. What do you think?

This is an image of something found on a crashed star destroyer in ep 7.

I'm eagerly awaiting opening day. When I saw the new Avengers movie in 3D, they played the trailer for 'The Force Awakens' which was also in 3D.

It looked completely awesome! I almost felt like a little kid again. Can't wait...

I never got the whole Star Wars thing. I grew up in the sixties, when an old school Captain Kirk could have talked everyone trying Jedi mind tricks on his ship into blowing themselves up or shutting down in less than an hour.

Then the Death Star came along. Big deal. The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) could destroy entire planets too. Any old Federation Starship could.

Luke Skywalker (like that's his real name! LOL!) would bring a light saber to a phaser gun fight.

Yoda could have a used a Universal Translator.

Kirk kisses a gorgeous green woman with jet black hair while Luke fantasizes  about kissing his sister that likes her hair all balled up on the sides of her head until it looks like she's wearing headphones. 

No offense meant here...I'm just being a critic, and a bit of a dick, and going a bit off topic, if there's a difference. 

Plus Vulcan nerve pinch. Plus BAA. Plus Yeoman Rand, Tricorders, the Transporter, and 3D chess.

Star Wars. Yeah I can't wait either for more dwama dwama dwama. 

I didn't mind the rest of it but Star Wars would have been better without the incestuous element.  The

prequel trilogy would have been better if it was written by somebody who respected the established 

universe.

I never got the whole Star Wars thing. I grew up in the sixties, when an old school Captain Kirk could have talked everyone trying Jedi mind tricks on his ship into blowing themselves up or shutting down in less than an hour.

Then the Death Star came along. Big deal. The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) could destroy entire planets too. Any old Federation Starship could.

Luke Skywalker (like that's his real name! LOL!) would bring a light saber to a phaser gun fight.

Yoda could have a used a Universal Translator.

Kirk kisses a gorgeous green woman with jet black hair while Luke fantasizes  about kissing his sister that likes her hair all balled up on the sides of her head until it looks like she's wearing headphones. 

No offense meant here...I'm just being a critic, and a bit of a dick, and going a bit off topic, if there's a difference. 

Plus Vulcan nerve pinch. Plus BAA. Plus Yeoman Rand, Tricorders, the Transporter, and 3D chess.

Star Wars. Yeah I can't wait either for more dwama dwama dwama.

LOL Too Funny Dude!

I have noticed a lot of people who were born in the 60's do not really care for Star Wars. I am not generalizing but just something i have observed. I wonder if there is something to that?

I like Star Trek also.

I didn't mind the rest of it but Star Wars would have been better without the incestuous element.  The

prequel trilogy would have been better if it was written by somebody who respected the established 

universe.

I agree MM. They should have left that out. Also the newer trilogy didn't seem to have the same experience as first.

I have noticed a lot of people who were born in the 60's do not really care for Star Wars. I am not generalizing but just something i have observed. I wonder if there is something to that?

It's an age thing... My parents still don't have an internet connection. And every time they get a new piece of tech like a TV or DVD/Bluray player, I have to show them how it works. Most of the time, I have to show them several times how to do some of the simplest things on the new equipment.

So the whole 60's generation not liking Star Wars is just like that. They're unable to wrap their old, dehydrated brains around it, so they try to shame everyone that can.

Sometimes, I'm even convinced its a jealousy issue.

It is at those times when my pity for them comes to the surface and I've been known to shed a tear or two for them.

Btw, Kirk banging every alien chick in sight only increases the chances of him acquiring and spreading an intergalactic STD into the human gene pool thereby eradicating all of humanity.

But Luke unknowingly kissing his sister is considered, "incestuous" and somehow vulgar enough to detract from the story? Really? REALLY?!?

Kissing your sister doesn't hurt anyone.

Getting a case of 'Purple Peniadicka Penis' from some alien chick with worms in her vajj, well -- that's okay.

Pphft... Whatever.

It's an age thing... My parents still don't have an internet connection. And every time they get a new piece of tech like a TV or DVD/Bluray player, I have to show them how it works. Most of the time, I have to show them several times how to do some of the simplest things on the new equipment.

So the whole 60's generation not liking Star Wars is just like that. They're unable to wrap their old, dehydrated brains around it, so they try to shame everyone that can.

Sometimes, I'm even convinced its a jealousy issue.

It is at those times when my pity for them comes to the surface and I've been known to shed a tear or two for them.

Btw, Kirk banging every alien chick in sight only increases the chances of him acquiring and spreading an intergalactic STD into the human gene pool thereby eradicating all of humanity.

But Luke unknowingly kissing his sister is considered, "incestuous" and somehow vulgar enough to detract from the story? Really? REALLY?!?

Kissing your sister doesn't hurt anyone.

Getting a case of 'Purple Peniadicka Penis' from some alien chick with worms in her vajj, well -- that's okay.

Pphft... Whatever.

LOL

I remember to this day what drew me into Star Wars. It was R2-D2. The lightsabers were pretty cool also. I think it was robots in general. I liked Vincent, Bob, Maximillion from Disneys: The Black Hole. I was wondering if Disney is planning to revisit that movie. Maximillion would be pretty cool with the new tech we have for movie making.

Ha-ha! I remember having model kits of the robots from The Black Hole! I think I even had one of the guns, too.

I'm still hoping Disney releases the original versions of Star Wars on Bluray before Lucas made all his dipshit "improvements". 

• Like 1

Ha-ha! I remember having model kits of the robots from The Black Hole! I think I even had one of the guns, too.

I remember those. Remember the maximillion action figure. That was cool also.

I'm still hoping Disney releases the original versions of Star Wars on Bluray before Lucas made all his dipshit "improvements".

Me too. Like a dumbass i let my parents sell mine at a garage sale when dvds came out. I had the original VHS tapes from when they were first released. Hard to know what to keep, isn't it?

I didn't have the action figure. I'd imagine if we watched that movie now, we would be very disappointed. It would seem so different from then.

I had the VHS tapes, too. They'd been eaten several times by my player(s) and I actually opened them and created splices using a razor and Scotch tape.

I love Star Wars and Star Trek, honest. I like the latter more, but Star Wars will always have a soft spot in my heart.

I love Star Wars and Star Trek, honest. I like the latter more, but Star Wars will always have a soft spot in my heart.

They really are two different types of movies/series/whatever... They both fall under science fiction but Star Wars leans more towards science fiction fantasy. The only way they're actually "rivals" is pertaining to overall popularity.

You guys do know I was joking, right?

I didn't mean to say that the Millennium Falcon was garbage. I said it should be hauled away as garbage.  moon.gif

I was born in 1956 by the way, when real men with suits and ties on could fly through space in normal gravity and have a cup of coffee on the way while discussing God knows what while we waited for them to land and tell us some shit about ourselves.

I was born in 1956 by the way, when real men with suits and ties on could fly through space in normal gravity and have a cup of coffee on the way while discussing God knows what while we waited for them to land and tell us some shit about ourselves.

Yeah, see, I'm not even old enough to know wtf you're talking about so, may the force be with you as you live long and prosper.

I used to be way into Star Wars. The the prequels happened and honestly that killed off my enjoyment of the series. Even with the new trailers my reaction was pretty much: "Meh."

Star Trek is awesome though.

I didn't mean to say that the Millennium Falcon was garbage. I said it should be hauled away as garbage.  moon.gif

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but this is, I'm pretty sure, a line that Leia says in Episode IV.

Or maybe Luke.

Still joking, FW.  I better quit clogging up Eyes' thread though before someone gets PO'd at me.

The line was paraphrased. It was from a Star Trek episode and a Klingon said it to Scotty about the Enterprise.

Still joking, FW.  I better quit clogging up Eyes' thread though before someone gets PO'd at me.

The line was paraphrased. It was from a Star Trek episode and a Klingon said it to Scotty about the Enterprise.

All good Dude. I enjoy your humor.

The first Star Trek movie was another great event. We could make a thread Star Wars vs. Star Trek. I am sure the shit will hit the fan. :)

I didn't mean to say that the Millennium Falcon was garbage. I said it should be hauled away as garbage.  :moon:

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but this is, I'm pretty sure, a line that Leia says in Episode IV.

Or maybe Luke.

You're probably thinking of the scene in 'The Empire Strikes Back' when Han Solo lands the Falcon on the side of an Imperial Star Destroyer. He tells Leia, "It's standard for the Imperials to dump their garbage before going into hyperspace. And when they do, we just float away." Then Leia says, "With the rest of the garbage..."

Or something along those lines.

All good Dude. I enjoy your humor.

The first Star Trek movie was another great event. We could make a thread Star Wars vs. Star Trek. I am sure the shit will hit the fan. smile.png

Thanks for saying so, Dan. I like your posts in the Lion's Den.

Star Wars vs. Star Trek? Let's do it! But in which sub-forum? Doesn't matter. I'd have BAA on my side by default, and even in an alternate universe logic works. But not when Kirk gets all emotional. Ha! 

Plus, Romulan Ale.

• Like 1

Dude. I would love to do a debate like this, but i fear l lack sufficient knowledge about the Star Wars Universe.

My knowledge is limited to the films and the two Clone War cartoon films. I believe if i were to put a percentage on this,I probably know about 3-4 percent about the Star Wars Universe. There were something like 100 or so stories and Lucas originally pick just 1. Crazy how many staories there actually are between episode IV and V. I would not even come close to doing all the fans justice.

I know less about Star Trek. I have seen all the episodes but thats about it, lol.

I am linking a list of the KNOWN Star Wars books. Look how many movies they could actually make from just the books.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_books

I have a small confession, Eyes. I really do like Star Wars. I like Star Trek better, but they're all pretty cool. I guess I just like good science fiction in general.

I don't think I'd be able to debate any of that stuff either, to tell you the truth. I just think it's funny sometimes how Star Wars and Star Trek are like Coke vs. Pepsi or Ford vs. Chevy, that's why I jumped in in the first place.

Oh, and so I can be on topic for once in this thread, I'm looking forward to the new SW too, because they bring back Harrison Ford. I hope they do it justice.

I have a small confession, Eyes. I really do like Star Wars. I like Star Trek better, but they're all pretty cool. I guess I just like good science fiction in general.

I don't think I'd be able to debate any of that stuff either, to tell you the truth. I just think it's funny sometimes how Star Wars and Star Trek are like Coke vs. Pepsi or Ford vs. Chevy, that's why I jumped in in the first place.

Oh, and so I can be on topic for once in this thread, I'm looking forward to the new SW too, because they bring back Harrison Ford. I hope they do it justice.

Thats very true Dude. They kinda do get grouped together a lot. I hope all three(Ford, Fisher, Hamill) all do justice to their characters. We will see.

I liked the first three Star Wars (still remember the AWE of the initial flyover by the Imperial Cruiser), but then lost interest. I know a completely rabid fan of anything Star Wars, and he's thrilled that fans are getting to have input on the new Disney direction they are taking. I'm still on the sideline waiting to be entertained.

I was more rabid about Star Trek, and didn't like them messing with the timeline recently, but it does give them wiggle room. They've used time travel WAY too often in the movies, and always some twit that wants to revenge some grievance on every incarnation of his object of fury in every time thread. What ev... And having an extremely white Khan was ridiculous, though he played the part of a superhuman well.