Goodbye Jesus

Charleston Massacre

slave2six

Guest CutiePie

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the racial stuff. I agree with you on the God existence stuff.

No, the racial stuff is understandable, I just don't understand the whole bugging out about god's existence. It's rude, this isn't targeted to anyone specifically, just in general. Not everything needs to be turned into a debate. We were once in their shoes believing, we had our reasons for believing and so do they. I don't think we should forget that these people are hurting and the best way for them to cope is to go to whatever they believe in, I don't agree with it, but if it helps them, so be it. 

Sweets - because this stuff never gets talked about until something terrible happens. We all just assume there aren't any problems, then this happens and we realize the status quo is misleading.

So what? If people die do we in general go around saying, look you died, where's your god, why didn't he save them, why do people still believe, point of the matter is people died during this, this shouldn't get turned into some debate about god in the existence of one. 

Giving the families of the victims a phone call and debating the reality of Jesus with them...would be in poor taste. A general discussion on an ex-christian message board (or an atheist message board) about what happened, I dont believe causes harm to anyone. People can ignore the thread.That's what I do with threads I have no interest in.

• Like 1

Guest CutiePie

Sweets - because this stuff never gets talked about until something terrible happens. We all just assume there aren't any problems, then this happens and we realize the status quo is misleading.

So what? If people die do we in general go around saying, look you died, where's your god, why didn't he save them, why do people still believe, point of the matter is people died during this, this shouldn't get turned into some debate about god in the existence of one. 

Giving the families of the victims a phone call and debating the reality of Jesus with them...would be in poor taste. A general discussion on an ex-christian message board (or an atheist message board) about what happened, I dont believe causes harm to anyone. People can ignore the thread.That's what I do with threads I have no interest in.

Now you're just missing point....

Funny how on a atheist page that I follow on Facebook can do so much better and not bring this up at all..not a big shocker. 

But you're missing the point & you're so right, when something is wrong people should just ignore it. C'mon guys, why the hell are we debating this? Why does everything needs to be taking into a debate? People died. Point blank. Talking about the racial issue is completely understandable, but going more into them dying, and shit of the matter, does it really need to be debated? Does it REALLY need a debate? Oh, wait, never mind, this is ex-c. *rolls eyes*

Funny how on a atheist page that I follow on Facebook can do so much better and not bring this up at all..not a big shocker.

But you're missing the point & you're so right, when something is wrong people should just ignore it. C'mon guys, why the hell are we debating this? Why does everything needs to be taking into a debate? People died. Point blank. Talking about the racial issue is completely understandable, but going more into them dying, and shit of the matter, does it really need to be debated? Does it REALLY need a debate? Oh, wait, never mind, this is ex-c. *rolls eyes*

One can also say, this site exists for the sole purpose of encouraging those that are leaving the faith. And weather you agree with it or not, contesting the religious points pertaining to this tragedy actually IS a type of encouragement to the deconverting.

I suppose your point is that the dead should be respected and not dragged through the mud because someone hates Christianity, right?

Seems to me whatever the news media publishes loses its right to respectful silence and becomes fair game for discussion.

Have the other mass shootings created a similar atmosphere of reverence so much so that we could not speak of them on a web forum? Or is this attitude some hold-over from Christian upbringing. A lot of people died in 9/11 also. People seemed to get pretty chatty over that one. And Columbine and the Boston Bombing and Aurora, Ill, etc etc.

I guess if it happens in a holy place like a church....gotta be quiet...

One can also say, this site exists for the sole purpose of encouraging those that are leaving the faith. And weather you agree with it or not, contesting the religious points pertaining to this tragedy actually IS a type of encouragement to the deconverting.

I think this thread has spurred me to read more about the reasoning behind the civil war and that I shouldn't just go with the view that the South were all evil slave holders in the 1850s. I'm interested in learning more about the confederate flag than the meme bullshit that's passed around on social media.